Worst Installation i've seen in my entire life.

• Thread starter gfMemo92
  • 37 comments
21 updates? Just what the heck is this is? 21 updates? Some in the GB range. I mean .. just wow. Just wow.

Not just that but the installation of the whole damn game and right now i am just struggling to get this damn game updated. Man wtf happened to you Polphony? Why so many updates? The game still looks the same as GT5. Other games like the Forza series don't even make that much updates.

You? 21 updates. Some 900mb to 1000mb to 2000mb. I can't even get the game updated because i keep getting errors. Man you guys suck at programming. You are the worst i've seen. Worst just BAD. SUPER BAD.

Get on the ball. Stop messing around with the updates. Also this is the last Gran Turismo i am buying. I bought it for 12 bucks so it doesn't matter it didn't bother me that much that i bought this crappy game.

Good luck to you buyers that will keep buying crappy Gran Installation Turismo Sport and Grand Failed Updated Big Installation that eats up almost 20GB or more of Hard Disk Space and that still looks the same and plays the same Turismo 7.

God! ..

This game sucks!

It is beyond me why you can't make games like you did back then With A-Spec and 4 WHERE YOU DON'T NEED TO INSTALL OR TAKE A LONG A-SS TIME TO LOAD THINGS UP!!! OR WHERE YOU DON'T NEED 21 UPDATES THAT DO NOTHING TO THE GAME for PERFORMANCE!

giphy-1.gif

AAAAAAARGHHH PD!!!1!

Whoa! Rampant teenage angst.:eek:

If you have a look at this...

https://www.gtplanet.net/tag/gt6-updates/

...you'll see a lot of those updates are sugar coated with totally free content.

Regarding the updating error and courtesy of MastrGT over on the PSN forums:

It seems that the GT6 updating errors are being caused by players not updating for longer periods of time. Those who keep up with updates seem to have less problems. The following instructions are being recommended to deal with updating errors.

PDI is looking to see if these instructions can be further simplified.

It seems the root cause of this was that players would let significant time lapse between updating GT6. When finally updating, the patches will download/install properly, however there is a file extraction that occurs while on the main menu warning screen. If this file extraction gets too big, the install will fail (after waiting for a very long time).

Steps to address the “Installation Failed” issue:
  1. Backup save data file to PS Plus or USB drive and delete existing save data file from the PS3 prior to update process *
  2. Within the Games tab of the XMB select Game Data Utility
  3. Highlight GT6 Game Data and press the “Triangle" button and select DELETE
  4. While connected to PSN, highlight the GT6 game disc/game file from the XMB
  5. Press the “Triangle” button and select “Check for Updates”
  6. Accept the update prompts and begin patch process via the XMB
  7. Allow the first 6 patches to download and install.
  8. Once the 6th patch has finished installing, press the “Circle” button to cancel the download process
  9. Scroll left while on the XMB, and highlight the Settings Tab
  10. Scroll down to the Network Settings tab>Internet Connection and select DISABLE (this step will prevent the title from trying to complete the remaining TPPS patch process)
  11. Boot GT6 and follow the in-game prompts until the main menu appears. (this step will create new save data which will later be deleted)
  12. Once the initial in-game installation process is complete, press the “PS” button and Quit the game to return to the XMB
  13. Return to the Settings>Network Settings>Internet Connection screen and select ENABLE
  14. Highlight the GT6 game disc/game file and press the “Triangle” button and “Check for Updates”
  15. Once the first patch has completed it’s download/install process press the “Circle” button to Cancel
  16. Repeat steps 10-15 until all TPPS patches have been installed.
  17. Copy save data from step 1 back to the PS3 system (overwriting any existing save data that may have been created during the update process)
http://community.eu.playstation.com...mended-GT6-Updating-Instructions/m-p/22766000

@gfMemo92... it's not the game's fault that you're so slow to pick up the game. It's 2 1/2 years old now. You have no one to blame but yourself.

Best of luck to you!

Cheers

Hey i wasen't gonna a buy a re copy of GT5 just cause it was a new game in the series. Now i did and thank god i didn't buy it for 60$ when it released.

For GT5, I told you a bit of tips to increase the fun of GT5 as well.

But for GT6 you should calm down about it.... I mean this was the most disappointing until Track Path Editor showed up to us, in hindsight it was a good deal. Your just a bit angry at the stupid updates but as always everyone on here has a solution for you.

Please keep in mind of that.

21 updates? Just what the heck is this is? 21 updates? Some in the GB range. I mean .. just wow. Just wow.

Not just that but the installation of the whole damn game and right now i am just struggling to get this damn game updated. Man wtf happened to you Polphony? Why so many updates? The game still looks the same as GT5. Other games like the Forza series don't even make that much updates.

You? 21 updates. Some 900mb to 1000mb to 2000mb. I can't even get the game updated because i keep getting errors. Man you guys suck at programming. You are the worst i've seen. Worst just BAD. SUPER BAD.

Get on the ball. Stop messing around with the updates. Also this is the last Gran Turismo i am buying. I bought it for 12 bucks so it doesn't matter it didn't bother me that much that i bought this crappy game.

Good luck to you buyers that will keep buying crappy Gran Installation Turismo Sport and Grand Failed Updated Big Installation that eats up almost 20GB or more of Hard Disk Space and that still looks the same and plays the same Turismo 7.

God! ..

This game sucks!

It is beyond me why you can't make games like you did back then With A-Spec and 4 WHERE YOU DON'T NEED TO INSTALL OR TAKE A LONG A-SS TIME TO LOAD THINGS UP!!! OR WHERE YOU DON'T NEED 21 UPDATES THAT DO NOTHING TO THE GAME for PERFORMANCE!

It's a good game once you get it updated. In fairness to the op most of the bad reviews of GT6 relate to the updating - this is an area that PD need to address in the future. The updates were bloated with video content which should have been released in a different way. Towards the end of GT5 an Academy Edition was released with the updates / extra content on - a re-release of GT6 cou;d have been done and solve this problem.

@gfMemo92... it's not the game's fault that you're so slow to pick up the game. It's 2 1/2 years old now. You have no one to blame but yourself.
I personally wouldn't have minded the updates if the downloading and installation process wasn't so incredibly xxxxty. And that's not mentioning the erros along the way that seems to occur. It shouldn't happen no matter how irregularly you've been updating. The ''steps to address the “Installation Failed” issue'' is laughable. Just absolutely woeful.

I haven't played the game in over 1½ year and well aware of the issues mentioned in this thread - making it one of the reasons why I have no intention to return to it anytime soon.

Last edited:
Think about it though. He's right. The updates are GBs large yet I don't see much added to the game apart from:
-Bug fixes(for about 10% of the bugs :/)
-What, like, 5 new actual cars?
-VGT cars, there were quite a few of them but surely they shouldn't take all that space?
-Track editor which wasn't even part of the game apart from the track receiving part
-Midfield

Sierra circuit and Time Rally. Goodwood updates, Midfield, I am happy with all of it. I just wish one of the updates would have bunched up the field, made the AI more aggressive while not around the player. After a while the One Lap Magic format, and the AI being so passive until being passed, then sometimes going totally mental afterwards because you are driving a car 150pp down from them gets old fast.

Main problem is that the game was largely incomplete when it released. Some of the main features were nowhere to be found and were only released nearly two years after (cough... Course maker... Cough) although that was even launched as a separate mobile app (face palm). So suckers who preordered the game like me didn't suffer the updates that much, they were many and were annoying but at least were sort of drip fed to us. Now for you, at least you might have a horrible couple of days installing everything but after that at least you'll have the complete game and also be thankful you only spent about 12 bucks on it, I spent 100 aud on that piece of 🤬.

MXH
The ''steps to address the “Installation Failed” issue'' is laughable. Just absolutely woeful.

Those instructions work and have got people playing again.

Which would you prefer, wait 3 or 4 hours to see an error message pop up and having to start all over again or follow simple instructions for roughly the same time frame and successfully updating?

There is a way round the error but I guess some people give up way too easily.

Thank the VGT HDvids for the excessive amounts of data.
You hate downloads, try installing all the sims2 expansion packs via Origin on a new PC, then you can complain about downloads.

Updates! I used to look forward to updates.

However the OP is correct in that when someone has just purchased a game (or even doing a reinstall) having to wait for a few hours before you can actually play the latest version is a bit ridiculous.
See, I said that without shouting.

^Yes I understand your anger. My CD copy has had the cheap dye bleached out, so now the disc is blank. So, I bought the digital copy, no problem. Yet, I had to wait a few days for the game to download, still not an issue. Then I found out that I didn't have enough space to update it (I have an old 40 GB).

After that, I had no choice other than to reformat my hard drive and lose around 9 years of gaming progress. So, there goes the proof that I even played and completed any of the games I bought over the years. Which of course, is causing me to be vexed at Sony's, corporate, corner cutting, techniques and PD's half ass workers and their lack of enthusiasm to produce a proper product for the consumers.

So now, I have to wait for another few days to download, reinstall and update before I can start all over again from scratch. Which isn't too much an issue, except that I lost all the paint colors I toiled hard to acquire through the seasonal events. As well as the possible loss of my custom courses I made through the TPE. Plus, a few of my favorite tunes I worked hard to build (That's what I get for not posting them online).

It's issues like these that make me want to put more of my time into my real life project car, so I can have real life fun, on a real life road with no invisible walls.
Not have to rely on a team of dildos who don't know you, nor, give a **** about you.
Best thing to do is have patience. Even though PD tries to squeeze every last drop of it out of you.

Last edited:
I'm on my 3rd run through the game due to losing 2 ps3's to the blue-ray issue. My 1st 2 games never were connected to the internet or updated in any way, so it shocked me when I saw the size and time it was going to take. I started it, went to work, got home and waited a few more hours, and that was it. Not that big a deal, glad I didn't have the errors but as far as the time went, that was nothing.

I finally managed to redownload all the updates last night as well. The fact that I did not get any sort of error is weird, but it only took me at least 8 hours till it was done.

Back