Worst Installation i've seen in my entire life.

• Thread starter gfMemo92
  • 37 comments
Yes, the update model of GT6 is very bad. I dont see many issues with GT5 updates though.

One thing that I advise is to install updates one after the another instead of downloading all at once because of the decompression process of the game. Download a 1/10 update, then when it ends downloading and go for the 2/10 update, simply hit Circle to start the game. When the preparation process ends, quit the game and download the next update.

Yes, the update model of GT6 is very bad. I dont see many issues with GT5 updates though.

One thing that I advise is to install updates one after the another instead of downloading all at once because of the decompression process of the game. Download a 1/10 update, then when it ends downloading and go for the 2/10 update, simply hit Circle to start the game. When the preparation process ends, quit the game and download the next update.

I installed the game 2 weeks ago i used a wired connection and left it on all night it went through all the updates and installed them. For some reason Wireless connections on the PS3 are awful for games that have to make 5 or more updates.

I installed the game 2 weeks ago i used a wired connection and left it on all night it went through all the updates and installed them. For some reason Wireless connections on the PS3 are awful for games that have to make 5 or more updates.
I used wireless, never had any problem.

I used wireless, never had any problem.
Same here, I think it's more of a game-related issue. Never had problems with EVEN BIGGER updates on any other games, and I use wireless. Plus I have a horrible download speed. But GT6 updates installed just fine for me so I have no idea what might be going on.

Honestly I get what the guy is saying, PD should split up their updates into smaller updates, that way you're less likely to get errors from a single 2GB update over wireless, and then scream.

PD just doesn't think of everything. THey're a small team, giving free content to a game on last gen.
Just some perspective for ya.

To be honest almost every game on the ps3 has 2+ GBs of updates but none have repeatedly failed in such a spectacular fashion as GT6's updates.

It's because of those internal updates. Those are the issues.

I usually do 5 updates -> Internal updates -> 5 updates and so far, had no issues.

It took me multiple trys and much self control not to frisby my ps3 out a window
In the end it was worth all the trouble, .......l think? .......yea .......it was worth it
How l finally got all the updates to install was to install them late at night when server and network demands were low
This minimized the chance of a packet being interrupted causing a fail error message

Back