Worst you have dealt with Online

• Thread starter coxbox
  • 86 comments

This guy won a race that I was leading since turn 5 (I started behind Romain, who's in the top10 too).

He decided it was a good idea to pushed me to the gravel on the last corner (lap 7) and then, on the first corner of the last lap he basically went straight to force the guy who was beside him off track too.

At this level, this is unacceptable and should automatically give him a DNF. I, as everyone else, have dealt with a few bumps here and there during intense and close racing but this is pure dirty driving.

The penalty system clearly failed here.

(name is not shown).

I'm on the fence about this one, simply because on one hand yes:
  • It is heavy handed.
  • The Porsche did force you off to an extent.
  • The Porsche did force the other GTR off to an extent.

...but on the other hand with regards to Lap 7:
  • He was ahead halfway through the last turn.
  • He was on the racing line.
  • He was ahead going out of it and clearly getting a better exit.
...therefore, I think you probably should have backed off for fightback into T1

...and as for the last lap:
  • He was never actually passed by the GTR.
  • The GTR never really got ahead or alongside him sufficiently enough.
  • The line belonged to the Porsche.
...therefore, I think it's the same as the other incident, he should have backed off and set him up for another move.

I think a lot of people need to look at instances like this and take away the following:
  • If you're not atleast half a car alongside, back out of it, you're better off setting them up for another move.
  • Don't assume that they'll make way for a small portion of your car, especially if they're on the inside, the corner effectively belongs to them.
  • Moves like this happen very regularly in sportscar and touring car racing, usually the guy on the receiving end would have backed out of it.
  • Both cases are basically the same as this, but they do sometimes push each other clean off of the track:

I'm on the fence about this one, simply because on one hand yes:
  • It is heavy handed.
  • The Porsche did force you off to an extent.
  • The Porsche did force the other GTR off to an extent.

...but on the other hand with regards to Lap 7:
  • He was ahead halfway through the last turn.
  • He was on the racing line.
  • He was ahead going out of it and clearly getting a better exit.
...therefore, I think you probably should have backed off for fightback into T1

...and as for the last lap:
  • He was never actually passed by the GTR.
  • The GTR never really got ahead or alongside him sufficiently enough.
  • The line belonged to the Porsche.
...therefore, I think it's the same as the other incident, he should have backed off and set him up for another move.

I think a lot of people need to look at instances like this and take away the following:
  • If you're not atleast half a car alongside, back out of it, you're better off setting them up for another move.
  • Don't assume that they'll make way for a small portion of your car, especially if they're on the inside, the corner effectively belongs to them.
  • Moves like this happen very regularly in sportscar and touring car racing, usually the guy on the receiving end would have backed out of it.
  • Both cases are basically the same as this, but they do sometimes push each other clean off of the track:

1- We went through the last corner a few laps before and he kept his inside line. He only got a better exit because he was moving to the left, where I was, obviously. If you look again you see I'm keeping the pace until he starts going to the outside mid corner instead of giving 1car width. I went wide/deep on purpose to get a better corner exit and I think your logic is good to excuse people who do this.

2- I'm not baking up from my position going into a straight. I've raced this track time and time again and it was the first time I saw someone pushing another driver to the gravel on that situation.

3- With the GTR. I followed his line and went for the inside behind him. Look at how we ended up making the corner:

IMG_20171029_230640.jpg

^ "This" line belonged to the Porsche? Really?

1- We went through the last corner a few laps before and he kept his inside line. He only got a better exit because he was moving to the left, where I was, obviously. If you look again you see I'm keeping the pace until he starts going to the outside mid corner instead of giving 1car width. I think your logic is good to excuse people who do this.

2- I'm not baking up from my position going into a straight. I've raced this track time and time again and it was the first time I saw someone pushing another driver to the gravel on that situation.

3- With the GTR. I followed his line and went for the inside behind him. Look at how we ended up making the corner:

View attachment 685082

1 - He was already ahead of you at this point, I don't know why you still kept your car there, you were pretty much saying to him, "ok, you're going to pass me and get a better launch, but I'm still going to leave my car here hoping you'll compromise yourself when I'm really just asking to be hung out to dry".

2 - I believe most stewards wouldn't take you seriously on this, especially the MSA and BARC guys I know.

3 - They both outbroke each other, however, he stayed ahead of the GTR at all times, and the corner still belonged to him.

You can argue this as much as you want, but it's two legitimate pass and defend manouevres that would go unpunished in the real world (unless the steward is an idiot called Gary Conelly).

1 - He was already ahead of you at this point,I don't know why you still kept your car there, you were pretty much saying to him, "ok, you're going to pass me and get a better launch, but I'm still going to leave my car here hoping you'll compromise yourself when I'm really just asking to be hung out to dry".

He's ahead but I'm on his outside. It's not like he passed me already. Also, I don't know if you're playing or not, but this was the first time someone did this on all the races I've participated. On a previous lap, he didn't push me to the outside and I came out in front, as I would have done here if he hadn't decided to ignore the car just beside him. So no, he wouldn't have pass me. If you want, go and watch the replay ingame and see how I come out of that corner faster than him even when he's on the inside.

2 - I believe most stewards wouldn't take you seriously on this, especially the MSA and BARC guys I know.

What you believe is meaningless. Also, stewards are not really known for their consistency.

But I'll give you an example of this exact situation. Here:

Drive through penalty. For doing to a green lambo exactly what the guy in the porsche did to me.

Yet, the commentators, like you, said the following:

"good pass, clean pass"... lol. Sure. The Stewards disagreed.

Also, FIA GT rules (2017):

INCIDENTS
16.1 Incident means any occurrence or series of occurrences involving one or more drivers or any action by any driver, which is reported to the Stewards by the Race Director or the Clerk of the Course or noted by the Stewards and subsequently investigated which:
a) Necessitated the suspension of a race under Article 40.
b) Constituted a breach of these Sporting Regulations or the Code.
c) Caused a false start by one or more cars.
d) Caused an avoidable collision.
e) Forced a driver off the track.
f) Illegitimately prevented a legitimate overtaking manoeuvre by a driver.
g) Illegitimately impeded another driver during overtaking.

h) Unless it was completely clear that a driver was in breach of any of the above, any incidents involving more than one car will normally be investigated after the race.

This is why that Bentley got the drive through penalty. Because he forced another driver off track.

3 - They both outbroke each other, however, he stayed ahead of the GTR at all times, and the corner still belonged to him.

The GTR did not outbrake into the first corner. He went deep to go for the outside line. As you can see, he was bumped out of the track limits. The porsche was 100% outside the track too.

Find me an example where 2 guys fighting for position on that corner do that. Meaning, the guy defending forced the guy following to go off track by going off track himself too.

Unfortunately the track in GTS doesn't have the white line for the limits, but if you know the track, you know where the limits are. And I know it.

You can argue this as much as you want, but it's two legitimate pass and defend manouevres that would go unpunished in the real world (unless the steward is an idiot called Gary Conelly).

You're wrong, so yeah.

Last edited:
He's ahead but I'm on his outside. It's not like he passed me already. Also, I don't know if you're playing or not, but this was the first time someone did this on all the races I've participated. On a previous lap, he didn't push me to the outside and I came out in front, as I would have done here if he hadn't decided to ignore the car just beside him. So no, he wouldn't have pass me. If you want, go and watch the replay ingame and see how I come out of that corner faster than him even when he's on the inside.

What you believe is meaningless. Also, stewards are not really known for their consistency.

But I'll give you an example of this exact situation. Here:

Drive through penalty. For doing to a green lambo exactly what the guy in the porsche did to me.

Yet, the commentators, like you, said the following:

"good pass, clean pass"... lol. Sure. The Stewards disagreed.

Also, FIA GT rules (2017):

INCIDENTS
16.1 Incident means any occurrence or series of occurrences involving one or more drivers or any action by any driver, which is reported to the Stewards by the Race Director or the Clerk of the Course or noted by the Stewards and subsequently investigated which:
a) Necessitated the suspension of a race under Article 40.
b) Constituted a breach of these Sporting Regulations or the Code.
c) Caused a false start by one or more cars.
d) Caused an avoidable collision.
e) Forced a driver off the track.
f) Illegitimately prevented a legitimate overtaking manoeuvre by a driver.
g) Illegitimately impeded another driver during overtaking.

h) Unless it was completely clear that a driver was in breach of any of the above, any incidents involving more than one car will normally be investigated after the race.

This is why that Bentley got the drive through penalty. Because he forced another driver off track.

The GTR did not outbrake into the first corner. He went deep to go for the outside line. As you can see, he was bumped out of the track limits. The porsche was 100% outside the track too.

Find me an example where 2 guys fighting for position on that corner do that. Meaning, the guy defending forced the guy following to go off track by going off track himself too.

Unfortunately the track in GTS doesn't have the white line for the limits, but if you know the track, you know where the limits are. And I know it.

You're wrong, so yeah.

^ 2hours well spent... but noted that if I ever experience the displeasure of racing against you, I'll fully expect you to cry about overtaking moves.

^ 2hours well spent... but noted that if I ever experience the displeasure of racing against you, I'll fully expect you to cry about overtaking moves.

So you've been proven wrong an now resort to insults. Good job mate.

I've been overtaken dozens of times. The first replays I shared were not of my victories but of second / third places, behind faster drivers. You have no clue what you're saying.

Last edited:
So far haven't had anything too bad, except one bloke the other night who was going slow, braking where he didn't need and just blocking me from overtaking, I hung back because I wanted to overtake without contact or lowering myself to his level of intelligence (or lack there-of). Eventually got passed this guy and then he starts driving as fast as he can, cutting over gravel and grass in an effort to cheat his way infront of me.

None of his tactics were successful, he just ended up way back and I finished the race third.

Just goes to show.. driving like a spanner around people who know what they're doing wont gain you anything other than 20 seconds worth of penalties and a spot at the back of the grid.

If you were this guy, thanks for the laugh.

Dan
Because it leads to arguments that solve nothing and clutter the thread.

How does it cause arguments if you have undeniable video evidence? I personally want to know who to avoid. The crashers bring the shame upon themselves, and should be called out. I highly doubt they would be on this forum anyway.

Naming and shaming is against the GT planet rules thats why it can not be done this will only cause the thread to be locked.

I could be here allll day lol.

Main incident for me was this weekend on Nürburgring GP, I was in my sweet af looking GT-R, he was in some dodgy subaru 1st few laps I got stuck behind a slower but well driven Corvette, finally I pass him and go on my charge, 2nd place looking to be the best ever..first. After 3 laps I'm on his tail and watching his corners for his weak one, for him that was Warsteiner kurve.
Lap 8 he has real bad corner where i was knowing he would and I get a hellish run on him up the straight and pass him at the bogen, correct my line before dropping into the tight s(NGK Schikane) and after that I should be good.
Final lap, heading up the straight towards the NGK as I start to break, he hits me...BAM. right off into the tyres. He then procedes to continuously ram me on the side of the track, in this time the corvette gained 8 seconds back and won. My safety rating dropped from B to C, the subaru had a white B?

So far haven't had anything too bad, except one bloke the other night who was going slow, braking where he didn't need and just blocking me from overtaking, I hung back because I wanted to overtake without contact or lowering myself to his level of intelligence (or lack there-of). Eventually got passed this guy and then he starts driving as fast as he can, cutting over gravel and grass in an effort to cheat his way infront of me.

None of his tactics were successful, he just ended up way back and I finished the race third.

Just goes to show.. driving like a spanner around people who know what they're doing wont gain you anything other than 20 seconds worth of penalties and a spot at the back of the grid.

If you were this guy, thanks for the laugh.

I honestly think the dirtier races are the funniest to be honest.

I've been in some great clean race battles, but also some super dirty banger racing battles and **** they're funny.

Hell, one of them I totally initiated because I was tanking my DR/SR, and what happened was the guy basically rammed someone else, and like a domino effect you had at least 8 guys purposely banging each other off track, cutting corners at full speed to try crash each other, missing and smashing into the wall... honestly its hilarious

I honestly think the dirtier races are the funniest to be honest.

I've been in some great clean race battles, but also some super dirty banger racing battles and **** they're funny.

Hell, one of them I totally initiated because I was tanking my DR/SR, and what happened was the guy basically rammed someone else, and like a domino effect you had at least 8 guys purposely banging each other off track, cutting corners at full speed to try crash each other, missing and smashing into the wall... honestly its hilarious

Back in the gt5 days I loved the dirty Nascar lobbies that what's the funnest I've had with strangers. Lol. I love clean ethical battles don't get me wrong but something about just shooting across the grass to take out the leader is just too much fun.

Was cheated out of my first win today :grumpy: . Running in the N200 (I think) on Blue Moon II on the final lap I somehow found myself in the lead, but on the back straight the 2nd place car was making up time by slipstreaming. For the final (sharipish) right hander I brake earlyish as I can never get the corner right and my opponent undershoots past, brakes hard, scrapes the wall and continues.

However as I had a clean exit I have more speed and a pass on the home straight is a certainty... until my opponent looks in their mirrors, realises that they're going to get out-dragged on the right and deliberately angles their car to push me towards the pit entrance, which slows me enough that a pass is not going to happen. Result, cheating git first, me second.

Was cheated out of my first win today :grumpy: . Running in the N200 (I think) on Blue Moon II on the final lap I somehow found myself in the lead, but on the back straight the 2nd place car was making up time by slipstreaming. For the final (sharipish) right hander I brake earlyish as I can never get the corner right and my opponent undershoots past, brakes hard, scrapes the wall and continues.

However as I had a clean exit I have more speed and a pass on the home straight is a certainty... until my opponent looks in their mirrors, realises that they're going to get out-dragged on the right and deliberately angles their car to push me towards the pit entrance, which slows me enough that a pass is not going to happen. Result, cheating git first, me second.

Sorry to tell you but by racing rules this isn’t cheating - outside a braking zone the car ahead may choose where they place their car.

Sorry to tell you but by racing rules this isn’t cheating - outside a braking zone the car ahead may choose where they place their car.
I seem to recall that deliberately pointing your car toward an opponent (when alongside) and effectively forcing them off the track (or into a wall) is somewhat frowned upon.

Epic Wall surfing exploiter at GR.4 Tokyo. He's racking up the poles and wins. Unstoppable, gains 1.5 seconds each time he does this. (I know because I've finished 2nd to him)

Cant believe PD didnt anticipate this and add light mechanical damage for the race or turn up the wall penalty sensitivity.

not really worst but this GTP guy messed up in 1st lap and whole 10lap race was driving behind me, then I messed up a little so he closed the gap and the rest can be seen in the video...

I should stick to inside no matter what but I didn't expect he would try to overtake me like that and then...... on top of it, I got my SR down.

@Ghostdriver is this you?

I've noticed that some people are building up their SR up to S-B just so they can intentionally ruin higher rated games, today I saw several instances of these:
  • Posting the "Let's have a clean race!" message and proceeding to create a ramming-bottleneck.
  • Posting a message along the lines of "about your sportsmanship rating", "prepare to become an E", "time to get dirty", etc., and doing the obvious.
There's also some people who know how to exploit the mechanics of the SR system, it seems to not pick up or punish the following:
  • Gradual blocking: ramming someone slowly several times in one constant chop-block move.
  • Pit-manouvering: no one seems to ever get punished for this.
  • Turning into other people's paths while in the process of taking their penalty.

Some instances I remember from past races so far:
  • Any sport race using the Gr.3 GTR(I couldn't finish a single event without spinning and falling half a lap behind)
  • One guy at Nurb GP had a penalty I assume. He decided to park his car on the left going down the main straight right in front of me without warning.
  • Mazda Atenzas at Blue Moon. I knew I couldn't pass on the outside since the others would always shoot up the track at the turn. So once I got the lead I kept to the white line going down the straight. Instead of just passing on the left, the guy locks onto my bumper and sends me into the wall at the turn.
  • One guy got envious of others' talent and decided GT Sport is now Burnout Revenge. I was his first takedown.
  • Made a mistake so I was off pace holding to right edge of the track with a large gap behind. Guy catches up and tries to pass on the GRASS and takes me for a ride.
  • Holding second for half a race about 2 seconds behind leader. He makes a mistake that causes him to cut the track. As he slows to a crawl, he begins to weave back and forth across the track to keep me behind. After several bumps over half a lap at 50% pace, I finally find a place I can pass him. Look back to see him trying to push 3rd place into the wall. After the race his excuse was shots of vodka.(I have seen alcohol used as crappy driving excuses a lot)
I'll post more if I get them. Hopefully not. :nervous:

Some instances I remember from past races so far:
  • Any sport race using the Gr.3 GTR(I couldn't finish a single event without spinning and falling half a lap behind)
  • One guy at Nurb GP had a penalty I assume. He decided to park his car on the left going down the main straight right in front of me without warning.
  • Mazda Atenzas at Blue Moon. I knew I couldn't pass on the outside since the others would always shoot up the track at the turn. So once I got the lead I kept to the white line going down the straight. Instead of just passing on the left, the guy locks onto my bumper and sends me into the wall at the turn.
  • One guy got envious of others' talent and decided GT Sport is now Burnout Revenge. I was his first takedown.
  • Made a mistake so I was off pace holding to right edge of the track with a large gap behind. Guy catches up and tries to pass on the GRASS and takes me for a ride.
  • Holding second for half a race about 2 seconds behind leader. He makes a mistake that causes him to cut the track. As he slows to a crawl, he begins to weave back and forth across the track to keep me behind. After several bumps over half a lap at 50% pace, I finally find a place I can pass him. Look back to see him trying to push 3rd place into the wall. After the race his excuse was shots of vodka.(I have seen alcohol used as crappy driving excuses a lot)
I'll post more if I get them. Hopefully not. :nervous:

People now seem to systematically wait till the final sector of the race to punt the leader off, and these guys with SR ratings at S, recently I've found that the races in lobbies are lot more enjoyable, especially with Gr4.

Back