Worth buying?

Messages
25
I'am a newbie
Just starting with GT3
I'll be coming across some more cash on tuesday.And was planning to buy a wheel for GT3.Should I buy GT4?How much more of an improvement in the game;was made in GT4?Compared to GT3?
 
Spend a few bucks and rent the game.
 
Okay,still I need steering wheel suggestions?I already own GT3.And prefer to use a wheel;instead of my controller.
 
Thanks,I already had checked there yesterday.It wasn't real inforumative about.What I was seeking!
 
Look at this pic. If this game ain't worth buying then pull me backwards on a trolley with stuffed animals.

1618op.jpg


© 440 CHARGER
 
IMHO, GT4 is far above GT3 in almost every way. I would skip 3 altogether and play 4 until 5 comes out.
 
I'm not much of a gamer.. and it hadn't been at least 5-6 months i hadn't bought a game for my ps2... but i've never missed a gran turismo.. they only get bigger and better.. it's worth the price trust me..
 
Okay,but GT 4 won't work with The Logitech driving force wheel.Will it.So,where can I buy a refurbished driving force pro wheel from online?
 
since when does it not work with the logitech wheel?...
 
I've seen guys complaining saying that you must have the pro and not the regular driving force wheel for GT4
 
No, the regular driving force works just fine with GT4, it's just that the Pro is a lot better :)
 
Okay,I can only afford the regular driving force right now.I'll buy the pro next month.And when does GT 5 come out?
 
GT5 won't be out for a looong time. The PS3 (the system it's going to come out on) won't even be out until next spring, so the game won't be until sometime after that. And BUY GT4! Even if you don't get a wheel, GT4 is beyond comparison to GT3 it's so much better. GT3 is actually my LEAST favorite GT out of the 4, I thought it was worse than GT2 and GT1 except for the graphics. Get GT4, you won't be disappointed, even without a wheel.
 
I'am go get GT 4 in the morning.And look for a cheaper Driving force pro wheel online.Or just start out with a regular driving force wheel.I must get a wheel.Don't like using my controller.Used them for Nascar and Ford racing games.Hated it!!
 
I'd rather play with a controller than not play at all. And since I can't afford a wheel, I wouldn't be playing at all. I sure would love to have a wheel though...mmmm...wheel....
 
TBH, I stopped using my DFP with GT4, I use it for all my PC sims but the FFB in GT4 is crap, it doesn't let you drive in a straight line at ALL over a certain speed and it's twitching left and right so much you can't stop it.
 
Sadly enough, I can't even afford $29 :( And can't you turn the feedback down?
 
Yep but I'm talking about it on the lowest setting. If you could turn it OFF in GT4 I'd use it but it's just stupid. The wheel isn't faulty cos it works fine on other games but not everyone seems the have as big a problem. It just pisses me off whenever I use it.
 
FFB and feedback is force feedback, it's where the wheels forciblyturns or tries to turn it'self due to bumps in the came and cambers ect. With my DFP (most peoples seem to be fine) it goes haywire above certain speeds and you just can't hold it straight, the result is the car spins or you slow the car right down and it ruins the game for me. On other games like GTR and LFS it's superb and as I said most dfp users don't seem to be experiencing this problem with GT4 but I haven't found a solution yet.
 
Have you tried a different GT4 game disc yet? Maybe yours got stamped slightly wrong?
 
I've not but the disk's fine and there are other people with this problem just not as many as are okay with the wheel. The wheels not faulty so Logitech won't take responsibility, I'm just putting up with the pad, besides I play GTR and LFS far more than GT4, so I'm still getting my monies worth out of the wheel imo.
 
LOL..............Man sorry I'am a noob to this racing thoing.I'am a regular Madden player.Now ,what is GTR & LFS?
 
Hehe...they're other racing games, I believe they're both for the computer, not the PS2. And get a DFP if you can, but it's not necessary :) You can drive just as fast and react better with the regular controller, it's just not quite as fun or involving. If I had a wheel I'd use it, but I don't and it's still amazing :)
 
Back