Would a new car sell for less if i drove 10 miles?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Tank-Ceo
  • 10 comments
  • 869 views
Yes, usually the resale price of a new car drops about 1/3rd of the price the second it drives off the lot :)
 
what if it was a reward?
 
Is this a real life question?

Because yeah, your car looses a ton of value once you drive it off the lot. But you could EASILY sell a car right off the lot with 10 miles right up there with MSRP. Sometimes more.
 
No its not a real life question. Why would I do that. I am just wondering if the price remains if you try to sell a car that was rewarded to you from a race event if you drive it or is the price better if it has zero miles on it?
 
Hehehe! I answered it as a real life question just because the OP asked it that way, lol. Anyways, no, the price doesn't drop when reselling cars in the game, even if they are driven a bit first.
 
Did you just get me a incorrect answer on purpose dude?
 
Did you just get me a incorrect answer on purpose dude?

LOL, i'm assuming you've just tested this and lost some money?
 
You can't sell cars for what you paid for them, they always sell at a loss.

Take the Kubelwagen for instance, worth 500k new and you can only sell it for 77.5k. Whether or not you get less money for driving it is another matter, i don't think you do.
 
LOL, i'm assuming you've just tested this and lost some money?

No, but I've tested it with a car I found I had. Same car, had zero miles, sold the same as the other with 40k miles.

I was just trying to find out if rewarded cars sold for more with zero miles than cars with miles on it. The answer is no.

I have some duplicates which is why I asked. But thanks anywas guys.
 
Did you just get me a incorrect answer on purpose dude?

Don't think so. I won a car, drove it a bit, then sold it and it was worth the same as my friend who sold his with 0.0km on it. Maybe cars that are won don't sell for less, but if you buy a car and then sell it then it sells for less?
 
Back