Would a real alien please step forward

• Thread starter JacksHerer
  • 41 comments
United Kingdom
UK
JacksHereR
Hopefully there is a friendly alien out there that will throw us mere mortals a bone... or rather loadable ghost hot laps

I would love to have loadable ghosts for practicing. Watching replays just doesn't do it for me.

If you could find it in your heart to save a lap ghost and share it with us to download and load on PS4...

thanks in advance 👍

Yep I think so, as long as it's saved as a 'save best lap replay' and shared. I must confess I have never tried loading one (I found some shared ones in the discovery but they were slower, so I didn't try).
I'll try loading one later to find out....

Yep I think so, as long as it's saved as a 'save best lap replay' and shared. I must confess I have never tried loading one (I found some shared ones in the discovery but they were slower, so I didn't try).
I'll try loading one later to find out....

Although I'm not fast enough to be an 'alien', I did have the 5th fastest qualifying time in Europe at Brands yesterday (1'27.785, c.0.4 off fastest), and I'm pretty sure I saved the fastest lap replay... you can have that if you like?

Cool, what car was it ? to help with the search.. or if you haven't shared it yet.. put gtplanet in the search tags text?

Grp4 Alfa 4c.

Might be easier to send me a FRQ... you can just pull it from my replay library?

stotty67

I've just tried searching replays on the gran-turismo website, but it only lists replays, not ghosts (best lap replays)

Cool Stotty, I'll have a try at lunch time...

Edit : I just logged on and added a replay to 'my collection' when I try loading it, it doesn't exist.
I logged on my PS4 with my other account, and I can view/load all my toejam replays without downloading them, so it must access the same area in the games hard drive allocation or cloud?

It has me wondering if someone created a generic PSN account with a public password, if we could share ghosts through it... or if that would even be possible. Problems being two or more people logged on to it at the same time might get a PS4 console ban?

Last edited:
Although I'm not fast enough to be an 'alien', I did have the 5th fastest qualifying time in Europe at Brands yesterday (1'27.785, c.0.4 off fastest), and I'm pretty sure I saved the fastest lap replay... you can have that if you like?
Well, that time would've been good enough for 2nd place in the Americas so I think you're an Alien by my standards.

The Brands leaderboard was funny yesterday, 1'27.215 was #1 and then I don't think anybody else was in the 1.27's...

Tip : don't use an alien ghost. Either you're fast enough to keep close to it already and it won't really bring anything new, or you're not fast enough and it will just fly out of sight after 2 corners. Using your own ghost is better since you can spot where you're actually improving. Also, watch your own replays, you'll probably notice stuff you don't realize while driving.

na-nu na-nu

Robin-williams-mork-mindy-spacesuit.jpg

Well, that time would've been good enough for 2nd place in the Americas so I think you're an Alien by my standards.

The Brands leaderboard was funny yesterday, 1'27.215 was #1 and then I don't think anybody else was in the 1.27's...

Hard to judge as really depends who's actually run the event - I know most of the names of the super fast European drivers, and not too many on the Brands leaderboard yesterday... Muira30 was probably the fastest (he was a 1'27.4).

I think you would have easily seen high 26's if it had become a pissing competition between the properly fast drivers :)

Tip : don't use an alien ghost. Either you're fast enough to keep close to it already and it won't really bring anything new, or you're not fast enough and it will just fly out of sight after 2 corners. Using your own ghost is better since you can spot where you're actually improving. Also, watch your own replays, you'll probably notice stuff you don't realize while driving.
With my own ghosts I'm able to see where I'm going too fast and losing speed, when I am carrying 3 tenths from the start line which becomes 7 tenths by the first corner etc etc.
It would be nice to be able to practice against someone elses ghost rather than in a vacuum, also it would be fun for VR people as some have said it's a bit lonely chasing your own ghost and nothing else to do in the game.

I have just created a PSN profile in the hope it will enable us to share ghosts...

@MidFieldMaven @Stotty ... if one of you guys could try logging on with it on your PS4 and seeing if you can see the ghosts I just created on timetrial 1st track

PSN = SharedGhosts@gmail.com
Password = GTPlanet2018

the first car given by the game was a megane :rolleyes:, so I used the games free arcade cars

Edit : I also shared the ghost replays in case they aren't pulled from the cloud...
upload_2018-4-3_14-43-16.png

If this works, then I'll grind some money for the account

With my own ghosts I'm able to see where I'm going too fast and losing speed, when I am carrying 3 tenths from the start line which becomes 7 tenths by the first corner etc etc.
It would be nice to be able to practice against someone elses ghost rather than in a vacuum, also it would be fun for VR people as some have said it's a bit lonely chasing your own ghost and nothing else to do in the game.

I have just created a PSN profile in the hope it will enable us to share ghosts...

@MidFieldMaven @Stotty ... if one of you guys could try logging on with it on your PS4 and seeing if you can see the ghosts I just created on timetrial 1st track

PSN = SharedGhosts@gmail.com
Password = GTPlanet2018

the first car given by the game was a megane :rolleyes:, so I used the games free arcade cars

Edit : I also shared the ghost replays in case they aren't pulled from the cloud...
View attachment 727024

If this works, then I'll grind some money for the account

I always liked practicing against a faster ghost in GT5/6... helped me see where I was losing time.

I'm at work until 6ish, but if nothing's resolved by then I'll log on and try it 👍

Cool, fingers crossed it will work. It should do, instead of grinding money for it, I was thinking maybe just signing to a manufacturer to get bmw m4 and m6, in case some clever clogs logs on to the account and deletes all the cars :odd:

Cool, fingers crossed it will work. It should do, instead of grinding money for it, I was thinking maybe just signing to a manufacturer to get bmw m4 and m6, in case some clever clogs logs on to the account and deletes all the cars :odd:

Setting up the testing as a small group either as a PM here or as a chat on PSN might be more sensible!

Yeh I was hoping an alien fairy would see the thread and complete the single player missions for some cash and set some blistering time trial ghosts for the community 💡

So I've tried to save other peoples best laps replays in the past, but it will only allow me to load my own ghosts even though I've saved other people's.

That was a couple months ago though, not sure if it's different now.

I did a 27.6 late in the day. Still a bit left to find in that lap, but I had no time. Not many of the fast guys ran the event.

Wish we could download ghosts, hardly ever watch replays anymore. I know the best lines I think anyway for each track plus the braking points, so watching a replay is not helpful to get me quicker. I set a 1.28.6 at brands yesterday which at the time (mid afternoon l) was about 0.4 sec of the number 9-10 slot. So trying to analyse where you lose that small amount of time over a lap, as chances are it’s spread all over the lap .1 here, probably less in places is impossible for me at least. If I had the ghost, yes it might drive off but at least you know exactly where to improve.

Edit - although part of me does think it’s unfair sort of, I mean they managed to set that time without a ghost then shouldn’t we?

Will this account work for North American region users too?? I would love to be able to load other peoples ghosts in to hot lap against. Even if both are about the same speed 1 driver may have a better corner or 2 or a strong sector. As long as we are on the subject of fast laps maybe someone can answer this, when you set a purple sector time in a sport mode race is that the fast time for that sector so far? If so Im assuming green is a personal best sector time???

@fastone371 I'm hoping it will work, it shouldn't matter what region you are in... add the user on your PS4 and see if you can access the two ghosts I saved. If you can see the ghosts while logged on as 'SharedGhost' then I'm expecting you will then be able to still see them when logged on as your normal PSN ID.

It will rely on some fast guys setting some fast ghosts with the shared account

Just remember it's not always about seeing how others complete their lap.
Something to try also is to do a ten lap run on the track of your choice. Try to do is as fast and consistent as you can and then watch it back.

Try and see if you can spot any areas where you think you could improve.

I mean sure I can watch my laps, but it's pretty difficult to compare.
Example is sector 1 on Bathurst in gt3 cars. I'm happy if I get a 19.00 but I know some of the best drivers are getting 18.8, I'm not sure how I can find another tenth or more and I'd like to see there ghost next to mine when I try.

Just remember it's not always about seeing how others complete their lap.
Something to try also is to do a ten lap run on the track of your choice. Try to do is as fast and consistent as you can and then watch it back.

Try and see if you can spot any areas where you think you could improve.
Not disagreeing with you, just giving another perspective.

If trying to get near Alien times, it might help to forget about consistency. Use Time Trial and do just a couple laps at your fast/consistent pace, then do a bunch of laps going all out. Really push the limits of the car and track. Don't worry about running off track or spinning. Save the replay and take a screenshot of the sector results. Now you can watch the replay of your optimal sectors to see how you did it and compare to your consistent laps to see where you can improve.

*Edit

After thinking about this for a couple minutes, Maybe throw in a couple of really smooth laps, trying to get really fast exit speeds. So a quick program would look like this:

2 Laps - Your normal fast/consistent pace
5 Laps - Pushing it really hard, to the point where you will start to make mistakes
2 Laps - Being super smooth and trying to get the best possible exit speeds

Last edited:
@fastone371 I'm hoping it will work, it shouldn't matter what region you are in... add the user on your PS4 and see if you can access the two ghosts I saved. If you can see the ghosts while logged on as 'SharedGhost' then I'm expecting you will then be able to still see them when logged on as your normal PSN ID.

It will rely on some fast guys setting some fast ghosts with the shared account

Thank you. Only problem here is that Im not exactly the sharpest knife in the drawer if you know what I mean. I have not yet figured out how to send someone a friend request or a message by typing their name in somewhere. I can only follow or send friend requests if I click on their name after a race on the race results screen. Im sure there is a place to type someones PS ID into so I can send a friend request but as of yet I have no idea where to find it. But it has only been 3 1/2 months so far, maybe I just need to get used to my PS.:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

Back