Would Hackers in the Time & Drift Trials bother you? (POLL)

Would you be bothered by hackers on the Seasonal Leaderboards

• No, It would not bother me.

Votes: 36 22.5%
  • Yes, It would bother me.

Votes: 95 59.4%
  • I would be furious.

Votes: 31 19.4%
  • The game would be unplayable for me.

Votes: 22 13.8%

• Total voters
Yes, it would bother me! All online events wouldn't be worth a **** anymore!! Same **** spoiled most of online games like Battlefield series, COD series & MOH etc.! I used to play a lot 1 shooter games online b4 "PC". Hackers n' cheaters lacked off my interest of playing em. GT5 wouldn't be worth a **** 4 me anymore! Sad but thru!!

I heard there were hackers on the leaderboards?
What exactly happened? Were they removed?

Sony need a new firmware with an updated save process encryption.
PD then needs a patch to check every car's parameters against it's database.
Then calculate a hash value for each car in the save's garage & re-hash every time a change is made.

Whats alarming is that nearly 28% up till know dont mind that it is going on.

threads about hybrids should be closed ie marketing and such, not the discussing of it in this way. But as i believe a large portion of members here are young and likely more easily influenced or their curiosity perked...maybe all hybrid threads...i dont know

It would bother me, but only in a meaningful leaderboard type situation. In an online race I don't think I would really care.
Whether there is cheating or not, it won't stop me from participating in seasonals and TT's and minding my business.

No. My self-worth isn't based upon being better than others at driving around a virtual track.

No. My self-worth isn't based upon being better than others at driving around a virtual track.

You only dislike cheating within categories that you base your self-worth upon?
Are there many, or just a few?

hacked cars in tt`s is not cool at all many people will not play anymore, just like the WIGGLE drifting thats been happening for the past 6 months PD are yet to fix, many top drifters dont play any more due to this.

\Rant:
I do my level best and then some on the time trials, if some oik hacks and cheats to beat me i would like them dealt with, which means if necassary banned! It's just not cricket!
It's bad enough that i have to use a controller when some (most) people have the luxury of a shiney and very expensive steering wheel (which may not make any difference but it sure looks great! /Rant Over!
Seriously? Yes, i do feel like the above, but it is ranting so make of it what you will, sorry!:grumpy:

You only dislike cheating within categories that you base your self-worth upon?
Are there many, or just a few?
Did he miss the point or just choose to be ultra sarcastic?

Do you mean are there many people like him or the categories that he bases his self-worth upon? :) :lol: pfft! ;)

Did he miss the point or just choose to be ultra sarcastic?

Do you mean are there many people like him or the categories that he bases his self-worth upon? :) :lol: pfft! ;)
:confused:
I think he was trying to put himself on a pedestal. His self-worth is clearly sky-high...

Wonder how he would handle being skipped repeatedly in a queue.
When skipped by 5 or more people does he brush it off?
Laughing at those ahead of him saying;
"My self-worth is not based on my position in a queue at this electronics shop"

:confused:
I think he was trying to put himself on a pedestal. His self-worth is clearly sky-high...

Wonder how he would handle being skipped repeatedly in a queue.
When skipped by 5 or more people does he brush it off?
Laughing at those ahead of him saying;
"My self-worth is not based on my position in a queue at this electronics shop"

Try to cut in front of me in line and see how I handle it. I'll give you a head's up, I'm the man who says 'excuse me, there IS a line'.

But this isn't a self worth issue, I'm defending not only my time invested but the time invested by others behind me.

I don't play a video game for bragging rights. When I take part in organized sports, my objective is to be the best I can be, I compete with myself.

Ills1999
It would seem that only the second half of your screen name is accurate.

I said the same thing

And in all honesty. I really could care less about the drift trails. Because me my points disappear anyway while drifting at full lock. So i don't care about the drift trails and their unrealistic rating system

I'm a rather competitive person. But, I am also rather cautious about having these hybrid cars. I'm fine if people want to test their luck playing online with them. I would have a rather hard time seeing these cars in the trails. It would almost ruin GT for me. I'm at 40/40 levels. I done what I wanted in GT life. Seasonals and Trials are all I have left. Competing and getting my doors blown off against Frankencars simply because I fear the psn banhammer is just horrible.

Hybrids are a threat to the integrity of GT5 and the entire GT franchise. The entire online portion of the game and the TT's are based upon the certainty that the guy beside you has no advantage that you yourself cannot have, within the normal confines of the game programming. That's now gone.

PD needs to nip this in the bud quickly.

Johnnypenso
Hybrids are a threat to the integrity of GT5 and the entire GT franchise. The entire online portion of the game and the TT's are based upon the certainty that the guy beside you has no advantage that you yourself cannot have, within the normal confines of the game programming. That's now gone.

PD needs to nip this in the bud quickly.

Agreed.

I have a great like for this GAME. The point of difference with this GAME and part of it’s popularity has been the perceived/real equality in the pp system and the racing against the clock, AI or other gamers. Without this market advantage it just becomes another “shift” or “GTA” game. Therefore this save game manipulation may be a greater issue for PD and those who make dollars from the game then to individual gamers. Hybriding of cars sort of already occurs with the tuning, colour changing, tyre options, racing modifications that can be done in the game. It is the coding which is used to filter the cars when you enter an event which make the game what it is. Hybriding probably should be embraced by PD and the fact it is occurring it is expressing the need for something more for some gamers. The codeing filters that already exist when entering events should be fixed, if this “cheating” is occurring. This could be win win for everyone, which I am sure the business people associated with the game are currently investigating. What better way for developers to obtain ideas then watch hackers and then gamers express their ideas. I don’t use the photography applications in the game, track building or the drifting but I know there are gamers who have a great like for these in the GAME. Why cannot this be the same for slamming and flying cars? not that I am interested in either. Remember it is just a great GAME! I have spent approximately $1000 playing this game. Some of you more. There is too much money to be made in this type of product for business people to allow it to be spoilt. Just my ten cents worth or should I say $1000 worth.:dopey:

I love how people are so delusional like people are going to get banned for this... and on the other side of the spectrum are people that don't give a ****... and then there is me right in the middle I would like to have a cracked car or 2 and be able to go incredible speeds but I want to learn how to do it myself and google is not my friend...

I love how people are so delusional like people are going to get banned for this... and on the other side of the spectrum are people that don't give a ****... and then there is me right in the middle I would like to have a cracked car or 2 and be able to go incredible speeds but I want to learn how to do it myself and google is not my friend...

People have been banned for similar things in the past. It wouldn't be a surprise if it happened with this as well. There's a $5Billion franchise on the line here, if PD/Sony thinks it's threatened in any way, they'll do what they can to protect it. :nervous:

When does the new TT become available? Hopefully soon.:guilty:
I just want to play the game.
:lol:

Last edited:
I think all this car hacking is a really bad thing. People should not tamper with gamefiles imo. More bad than good will come of it. People bringing hacked cars into competitons and lobbys are idiots.

I think all this car hacking is a really bad thing. People should not tamper with gamefiles imo. More bad than good will come of it. People bringing hacked cars into competitons and lobbys are idiots.
So do i but it does remind me of the "skins" we used to download and use on the game, Colin mcrae Rally on the pc!
Those were the days, the Aral Celica!
aral.gif

It was probably 1998 to 2000, it was different though, this is the Playstation.
I wouldn't be suprised if no one here remembers that!

Hybrid cars have always been a problem in the GT series 👎 don't get me wrong... sometimes they can be fun to watch some supersonic old banger kicking up dust and blazing around a track faster than an F1 :dopey:

The problem is when it starts getting onto current leaderboards and online events it sort of takes the competitive side away for the 99% of people who don't hybrid :( Keep hybrids for private racing and recreational vids and if they do appear in seasonal events or global comps then that user should face the consequences of a short term ban or similar imo :)

Here's a recreational hybrid lap by a good old mate of mine back in GT3 days to show the fun side of hybrids :sly: please excuse the language on the soundtrack but it fit the lap like a glove!

*Warning! please mute speakers if you have kids around or are easily offended! before clicking the link below* 👍

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bvAOrZTxm-I

Lets hope PD can patch the seasonals and online events and keep the competition in the game 👍

Here's a recreational hybrid lap by a good old mate of mine back in GT3 days to show the fun side of hybrids :sly: please excuse the language on the soundtrack but it fit the lap like a glove!

*Warning! please mute speakers if you have kids around or are easily offended! before clicking the link below* 👍

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bvAOrZTxm-I

That is hillarious.

And no surprise about the laguage given the driver :lol:

Back