Would the ability to change the drive-train in a car benefit the drifting community?

• Thread starter Willfred_1
  • 40 comments

would it benefit the community

• yes

Votes: 35 94.6%
  • no

Votes: 2 5.4%

• Total voters
I would very much enjoy a 0/100% torque split. It would suddenly make me able to drift all my AWD cars.

For SKOT_FREE:You'll get even better if you start using RWD's.. It takes more practice but its so rewarding!

pk_090
most drift cars have the whole car modified an changed anyway.. the Driftworks S15 has had the front firewall moved, mounts moved down and rearwards bay around 2FT the engine and geabox down and backwards 2 ft leaving room for masive radiators and inter and oil coolers at the front but out of the crash structure...making a worthy drift car takes alot of work..

But until RM comes into play I think the aforementioned is irrelevant...it comes down to making a car drift vs making a drift car...drift cars are already provided by Blitz, AEM, and HKS, and somewhat represent RM'd versions of their real world counterparts; and while I'm fairly sure they can be street legal, due to their extensive modifications, I doubt they're street practical... prior to "RM-ing" the modifications performed on cars in the game seem to be those that would be performed on street cars, requiring little to no firewall work and utilization of factory mounting pts for aftermarket parts..the same rings true for same make engine swaps and awd to rwd conversions as they can be accomplished by relatively simple means..the average "drift car" nowadays is an ecu flash and suspension tweak away from being a racecar...I would hope pd was more interested in simply "making cars drift" instead of making drift cars

i'll think i might post another important questions as this thread has livened up the drift forum so look out for my next question

ZSPaulus
I would very much enjoy a 0/100% torque split. It would suddenly make me able to drift all my AWD cars.

For SKOT_FREE:You'll get even better if you start using RWD's.. It takes more practice but its so rewarding!

Oh I do in fact my drift cars are all RWD and I use my 2 Impreza for Rally and Circuit racing. I was just saying people get angry online at people using AWD.

Because when an AWD is behind me, I drift around a corner, I end up in the wall, AWD speeds off into the distance leaving me very angry.

Hence the hatred.

AWD Drifting is fine, I just wish AWD drifters in general online remember that they are faster and have something called brakes. Use them please.

There is already a separate thread on the issue of AWD online, SKOT_FREE, try searching for "Why is 10-90 frowned upon".

While we encourage drifters of all stripe, it is more convenient for drift competitions, freestyle and tandem if all participants are Rear wheel drive.

The problem with engine swaps and drivetrain swaps is that, realistically, anything is possible in real life, given enough money and fabrication. V8 Miata? Done. One of the members here even works for the shop that sells the conversion. V8 RWD conversion for a compact hatch? KugelKomponents sells the kits. Big V8 in the front end of a microcar? Been done... You simply cut out the front firewall and cut a hole in the front grille for the rest of the engine. Not pretty. Drives even worse than it looks.

Possibly a little more manageable if GT5 simply includes popular swaps as separate cars for DLC. Though full differential control for AWDs should be enough to keep people entertained for a long time.

There is already a separate thread on the issue of AWD online, SKOT_FREE, try searching for "Why is 10-90 frowned upon".

While we encourage drifters of all stripe, it is more convenient for drift competitions, freestyle and tandem if all participants are Rear wheel drive.

The problem with engine swaps and drivetrain swaps is that, realistically, anything is possible in real life, given enough money and fabrication. V8 Miata? Done. One of the members here even works for the shop that sells the conversion. V8 RWD conversion for a compact hatch? KugelKomponents sells the kits. Big V8 in the front end of a microcar? Been done... You simply cut out the front firewall and cut a hole in the front grille for the rest of the engine. Not pretty. Drives even worse than it looks.

Possibly a little more manageable if GT5 simply includes popular swaps as separate cars for DLC. Though full differential control for AWDs should be enough to keep people entertained for a long time.

some regular DLC or even an update would be nice first..

Back