Would this wheel be good for the 360?

I'm looking at getting a wheel for my 360 and maybe FM4.Im on a budget and can't spend much and was wondering if this wheel is any good.

Mad Catz MicroCon Racing Wheel

I have gone against my better instincts before and purchased Mad-Catz products...it has always ended in fail.

I "hear" they getting better, but quality isnt top priority there. I would grab a MS wheel for a budget alternative.

Starfirebird
I'm looking at getting a wheel for my 360 and maybe FM4.Im on a budget and can't spend much...

Have you checked eBay or Craigslist. I have seen a few MS wheels for $50-$75 on Craigslist. Not a terrible wheel for a start.

Thanks for the suggestions.

I knew that mad catz had a few bad products.I figured since it was a newer wheel it wouldn't be as bad.

I'm still on the fence though.

Part of me says get one and then part of me says no.I hate making decisions sometimes.

I'm in the same boat, i have a MS wheel that i got used for $50 off Craigslist and its okay, no problems with it but I'd sure like to upgrade to a belt driven wheel (hate the gear noises). I'm hearing all kinds of rumors about microsoft and Sony developing new console soons that could be out as early as Christmas 2012. With that in mind i'm having a hard time forking out the money for top of the line hardware right now just in case it won't be compatible with a new console...

Last edited:
According to the latest noises from Sony and Microsoft, the new consoles are due in 2014. And I'm an IT geek who reads a lot of tech sites, and that's the date that stayed with me. I forgot where I read it a half year ago though, so can't give you guys a source.

EDIT: Consider the http://www.thrustmaster.com/product.aspx?ProductID=239&PlatformID=8. Only like $80 I think. Sure it's not a CSR + CSPs but should be much better than a gamepad. It's a budget/entry wheel. Much cheaper than a CSR + CSR Elite pedals set

Man xbox wheel market is still pretty stank. If you not willing to step it up to a Fanatec you still pretty much screwed. Good news is Forza works just fine with a gamepad. 👍

And yeah- not sure what does it matter if a new console comes out. That's in the future yeah? Years in the future? (hint)

Don't forget some wheels are backwards compatible. You know, like Logitech wheels working on ps2/ps3. DFP for sure works on both. It's just missing the ps3 button that's it

Last edited:
Am interested in the new TM 458 as well, but it is going to be more like $180, not $80. Most of the blogs that have parroted that price seem to have confused it with TMs new shifter module. Also based on that youtube vid, it would seem that it doesn't have force feedback. WTF? What's the point of using a wheel without ff? That's what distinguishes drivers from gamers. (not saying one is better than the other, is just a different approach)

Mrs Exarch and I love GT and love the DFGT, but are in the same spot. F4 is really appealing. We bought a new laptop from Dell for the mother-in-law, and Dell gave us a free Xbox.

Without Forza to consider, we probably would have driven the DFGTG into the ground and gone for a G27 when it died. Fanatec would seem the logical choice to work with both, but a $250 wheel plus $150-200 pedals is a lot of money for us atm. Plus while Fanatec seems to get props for quality around here, if something does go wrong their support pace sounds frighteningly glacial.

I feel sorry for the makers of Forza - they've put so much effort into making an amazing driving game and yet have associated themselves with a platform that is an absolute disgrace in their support for wheels.....

Back