Would You Let Someone Else Spec Your Quarter-Million Pound Car? Gordon Ramsay Did...

Something you have to keep in mind is that what you see on configurators like that is not the end of what you can actually order, far from that. Ferrari has a special department for custom orders, and you just have to ask, they'll invite you at Maranello and show you hundreds of materials and colors to choose from (you can even provide them other references). This is costly. Extremely costly.

A Ferrari dealer certainly knows at least part of these options, so asking one to spec you a car is a way to have a truly unique car without having to take a day or more off to go to the factory and struggle to choose from thousands of combinations possible.

Anyway, I don't remotely have the cash for any kind of brand new Ferrari, so I'll just use the standard configurator :

asZ7l3F.png

1dAXWVT.png

1oVRaBV.png

Pro-tip : don't get your Ferraris in red. They end up being the cheapest specs on the used market.

Just as an FYI, he wasn't a footballer, he played it at school, was scouted a bit but never made a professional appearance.

He made up that he played for Rangers for publicity and then when found out his publicist basically said it was ages ago and he must have just remembered it wrong.

Just as an FYI, he wasn't a footballer, he played it at school, was scouted a bit but never made a professional appearance.

He made up that he played for Rangers for publicity and then when found out his publicist basically said it was ages ago and he must have just remembered it wrong.
That's not entirely true. He was never a professional footballer, certainly, but he was a youth footballer and did appear - as "trialist" - in the Rangers team for a testimonial match in September 1985:
Ramsay was a trialist in that testimonial game. He trained with us for a few months after that but then got injured.
Although his career went no further than that - the claims of "a couple of friendlies" made in his autobiography are probably not true - with a serious knee injury among the factors that didn't help.

I think he's done a couple of those tedious celebrity matches since.

That is exactly why I came to this thread. To point that out.

TitanServicev1.aspx

TitanServicev1.aspx

If we're showing off how we'd have ours then realistically this is probably what I'd order. Not too many options as they'd get very pricey, but an attractive spec in one of my favourite colours.

I have to admit that I do like the colour scheme on Ramsay's 812. I don't think I'd trust a dealer to option a car for me but I'm not as rich as he is, and it did turn out reasonably well.

Something you have to keep in mind is that what you see on configurators like that is not the end of what you can actually order, far from that. Ferrari has a special department for custom orders, and you just have to ask, they'll invite you at Maranello and show you hundreds of materials and colors to choose from (you can even provide them other references). This is costly. Extremely costly.

A Ferrari dealer certainly knows at least part of these options, so asking one to spec you a car is a way to have a truly unique car without having to take a day or more off to go to the factory and struggle to choose from thousands of combinations possible.

Anyway, I don't remotely have the cash for any kind of brand new Ferrari, so I'll just use the standard configurator :
Just to add on to what Alex has said, the configurator we're all playing with is not the configurator the owner will use to spec their car. Ferrari's dealers use a much more in-depth and personal system that allows for a wide array of options. It's only drawback is that it can have a hard time really replicating how a color will look in the flesh. Here is the Pista for example, which tmk, is not an available build on Ferrari's website.
DECAABD5_A515_430_D_9_F79_EAD8_FFACEDB1.jpg

IMG_1085.jpg

As for Gordon's car, he's had Ferraris for the last 20 years, so I'm sure a wild spec like this is probably a more creative, refreshing change for him.

Back