Would You Let Someone Else Spec Your Quarter-Million Pound Car? Gordon Ramsay Did...

Color is called "Verde Masoni", same one used on this TdF. Freaking stunning.

16fc044bff3cb32e335747ecda98f4ec.jpg

Oddly, Gordon's colour isn't on the UK configurator. Neither is the stripe, but I guess as a LaFerrari/LaFerrari Aperta owner, he's got some extra options available to him...

But it's not as nice as mine:

812superfast002.png

812superfast001.jpg

812superfast003.png

Exterior
Paintwork

External colours: Blu Pozzi

Rims & Calipers

Rims: 20" forged dark painted rims
Brake Caliper Colour: Giallo Modena brake calipers
Additional Options: Carbon fibre hub cap
Additional Options: Titanium wheel bolts

Body Components

Front wing in carbon
Rear diffuser in carbon fiber
Titanium sport pipes
'Scuderia Ferrari' shields
Suspension lifter
Front and rear parking cameras
ADAPTIVE HEADLIGHTS

Interior
Colours & Materials

Interior: Blu Sterling
Interior: Cuoio
Stitching: Cuoio
Carpets: Nuovo cuoio

Seats

Seat Style: Carbon fibre Racing seats
Additional Options: Racing seat lifter

Doors

Door options: Exterior sill kick in carbon fibre

Cockpit

Coloured upper dashboard: Blu Sterling
Steering wheel inserts: Carbon Fib.Steering wheel + leds

Central Tunnel

Central tunnel options: Carbon fibre central bridge
Central tunnel options: Smoking kit

Accessories

Accessories: High power HIFI Systeme
Accessories: Passenger display
Accessories: Silver dedication plate
Accessories: Handy fire extinguisher

Last edited:
To be fair, if I had that much money and already had a few cars I might also be like... I'd like one of these, but I'm not sure which options I want... why don't you surprise me! :lol:

Change that V to an M in 'Verde' and you have something else.
Further change the 'erde' to 'atte,' change the 'Misoni' to 'Green' and, finally, put a 'Pretentious' in front of the whole shebang, and you've got what it actually is.

Really, I'm not the least bit surprised that he was so removed from the optioning; I'm sure it's little more than an expensive thing to him. If I were compelled to spec one for purchase, I would want to be much more involved in the process of making it as close to what I really want as possible.

Further change the 'erde' to 'atte,' change the 'Misoni' to 'Green' and, finally, put a 'Pretentious' in front of the whole shebang, and you've got what it actually is.

Really, I'm not the least bit surprised that he was so removed from the optioning; I'm sure it's little more than an expensive thing to him. If I were compelled to spec one for purchase, I would want to be much more involved in the process of making it as close to what I really want as possible.
Definitely keep the M and erde, because double pardon my french. That colour is 🤬🤬.

Oddly, Gordon's colour isn't on the UK configurator. Neither is the stripe, but I guess as a LaFerrari/LaFerrari Aperta owner, he's got some extra options available to him...

But it's not as nice as mine:

View attachment 747302

View attachment 747303

View attachment 747301

What would Balotelli go for in a 812 Superfast.

Whats a Silver dedication plate? Sounds like something Mr Ramsey would serve a meal up on.
Or throw back at the guy who prepared said meal, screaming, "This is absolute 🤬!!! Make it again!"

I do like that color much better than @TexRex throw up html font color. :lol:

My eyes deceive me Tex, is that brown or yellow?
It's an approximation of the orange in which the great seal representing the University of Texas at Austin (of which I'm an alum) is frequently depicted:

utaustinseal.png

Go Longhorns!

Yep, orange.
Fired up my PC clearly orange.
On this $30 Alcatel burner phone it looks brown/yellow.

Yep, orange.
Fired up my PC clearly orange.
On this $30 Alcatel burner phone it looks brown/yellow.
As long as the color is close* to that of the seal, it's all gravy (/lemon curd) to me.

*I say "close" because I wasn't able to match it precisely, however the hex code is obscenely easy to remember (even when I've thrown a few back), which is good, because I'm not aware that I'm able to establish it as a default text color--but that's a price I'm willing to pay to show my appreciation for the education I received from UT.

Assuming this wasn't a case of "I'm too busy to do that," which would be truly absurd, I actually think I know why he did this. Sometimes, especially when you dwell too long on a decision on something like this, you end up regretting whatever you go with. Having someone else basically surprise you with something you might not have chosen yourself (I'm sure he set some boundaries) can make the result a lot more appealing and exciting.

I was set on a certain color for my current vehicle for the longest time, and somewhat spontaneously decided to go with a more interesting color at the last minute. It's the first car I've ever owned with zero reservations about the color. I can see it on the road in any other color and feel totally fine. I'm also positive that if someone else did my kitchen remodel and it came out exactly the same as how I did it, I would love it 1000% more :lol:

It does look great (a little bit too busy with the matte, the stripes and the rims for my taste but ok). Although, customizing a car like that before taking it home must feel really, really good, cmon...

Id gladly go through all the dozens of hours of indecision.

Last edited:
The same colour as LAMB SAUCE!!!

Last edited:
Back