Would you like to have WRC & RX Cars/Tracks in GT6?

• Thread starter RIKY-WRC
  • 31 comments

Would you like to have WRC & RX Cars/Tracks in GT6?

• Yes! It would be very fun!

Votes: 88 74.6%
  • I don't care, but new things are always welcome

Votes: 24 20.3%
  • Totally no!

Votes: 6 5.1%

• Total voters
Spain
Sevilla
RIKY-WRC
The title is clear.. Would you like it? Personally, I think have tracks in the game with two kind of ground would be very interesting (for example in the course maker, to create a RallyCross circuit)..

Also, having the new WRC cars, as Fiesta, DS3, Polo.. and the new RX ones aswell.

I created the post because of how different these cars are from the rest, and the possibility of creating circuits with two types of terrain ... I hope that does not bother..

Look at the first 5 letters of my username.

I don't see why they should cut rallying in GT6. They got it more right than ever in GT5. Even online rallying worked pretty well with my 3-lap system (which by now is outdated). All they need to do is take rally out of the special events and into A-Spec, in 9/10 cases a good rally could be made of the course generated tracks. Oh, and, scan the right cars. The Audi Quattro is great no doubt at all, and I'd rather see McRaes '95 Impreza or the early '90s Toyota (which was in GT2) than the the toyboxes that is WRC 2013.

Aren't there already Gruppe B, Gruppe A and modern WRC's in Gran Turismo's line up? I don't see why they would suddenly start getting rid of them.

For a rally cross car just find one of the later 1600-spec WRC cars and get them up to 600hp and you will have yourself a Rallycross car.

Aren't there already Gruppe B, Gruppe A and modern WRC's in Gran Turismo's line up? I don't see why they would suddenly start getting rid of them.

For a rally cross car just find one of the later 1600-spec WRC cars and get them up to 600hp and you will have yourself a Rallycross car.

But I am talking about have them PREMIUM, full detailed.. not only the S1 Quattro, Focus WRC and that.. also other Group B, the new WRC ones... and have the possibility to turn a WRC into RX, or direct from the dealership, buy a RX.. :dopey:

If it has the historical rally cars premium and a more dirt tracks, I'll be happy
I don't care about wrc or rallycross

I think it woulb be very nice to be able to create a circuit like this in the Course Maker...

Eurocircuit.jpg

Don't you?

So basically, the wish lists that already exists, aren't good enough for anything Rally related?

I don't think "totally no!" is exactly how I'd say it but GT doesn't need to be all things to all people. Trying to do too many things will keep you from doing anything really well.

So leave the rally to games like Dirt.

I think a rally discussion is important enough to warrant its own thread. Incoming rant.

WRC cars - no. I'm assuming they had to pay for licensing, and what does PD have to show for it? No real-life stages, no remotely decent stages at all. If I see WRC as a licensed series, I want to see a product that remotely represents the WRC. Which is not what we saw in GT5. The GT5 rally stages were ridiculously wide, the AI was slow, the stages were bland. I've played far, far superior rallying games on the PSX.

Despite all that, PD thought making the player sit through 40 seconds of waiting before starting each stage would make the rallying component immersive. Cherry-picking the most tedious aspects of reality, and ignoring the most exciting and captivating parts.

PD is clearly better off focusing on rallycross, because creating closed circuits is what they invest their time in anyway. The problem with rallycross in GT is that some tracks are just too narrow (Toscana, Eiger Nordwand), and the track is so dusty that it makes driving in close proximity without crashing close to impossible for most. Brands Hatch is an example of a good rallycross circuit, half gravel/mud and half tarmac, like Cathedral Rocks. Like Cathedral Rocks there's the twistier gravel sections, and there's some wide sections for passing.

If "rally" in the broadest sense was included in the next games, I hope they just quit calling it "Dirt Events" and just call it rallycross, make appropriate tracks, and have the appropriate cars. Another issue I see with rallycross is that I've barely seen it appear on the online lobby, unless someone voted Random on a course vote and accidentally ended up with a 10km gravel circuit. I sure don't want to be racing offline on GT ever again if the AI is as poor as it currently is.

All things considered, it's a waste of everyone's time to have such a half-baked rally section as seen in GT5. It had the basics of a proper rally, which was a first for the series, but unless it's vastly improved, I don't think PD will do rally justice. I voted no.

Last edited:
PD created a lot of dirt & snow tracks for GT5, but didnt utilized them very well, Burying them in the Special Events section, they need to go back to previous GT's & have a Rally section in the top area of A-Spec.

I don't really care much one way or the other. We already have some WRC cars and several rally cars in general and a few places to drive them which is fine with me. I would not mind having more but there are other things I would rather see.

I would prefer they not be part of A-Spec but if they were that would not be so bad either so long as they are done well.

I have very little experience watching or participating in rally events in Gran Turismo. I think the only time I did it extensively was in GT2. That said, I would hope that it is included in GT6. I love the fact that Gran Turismo can give me that little glimpse into what the world of rallying is like, just like I love how it can give me a glimpse into several other disciplines.

why dont stop worrying about all those extras like : aryton senna and that hideous Mitsubishi concept car and start worrying about the fans of rally and stuff and add it back in along with the course maker and better endurance races and at least 10 more rally tracks, because now theres no point of wasting $300,000 on a rally car that you cant even use on any tracks apart from toscana, eiger nordwand and chamonix, we've seen those too much now, they should start bringing in some new ones, or make some fictional ones like smokey mountain ( my favourite rally track in gt ) and some rallycross because right now the only sort of rally cross track is eiger nordwand k trail, they should add in tracks like the proper, longer version of good wood festival of speed instead of that tiny track that technically isnt even rally, they should also add in some forest tracks, because the only one i've seen was swiss alps which was really fun back in the day ( few years ago ) sorry this message is so long but im just so dissapointed how they where going so well with rally then they just ended it here... i expected more ... its almost as if where going the opposite track where ment to be on...

Brands Hatch has a rallycross version. Everyone who played Toca would remember it, it's very fun :)

That was a fun track, but does it actually still exist? I was there back in the fall and I didn't notice any dirt paths for rallycross.

I'm all for seeing more content added to the game, but this would be near the bottom of my personal list.

I think getting the WRC license was a waste of money. Sure, some of the classic rally cars are cool, but I find them extremely one dimensional on terms of the variety of events people can use them for.

I would much rather see PD focus on increasing the amount of customization available in the game so that players could build their own rally cross cars.

Closed circuit rally cross tracks ( such as brands hatch) would be a good addition, but again, near the bottom of my list. That said, I'm all for any type of addition/enhancement that increases the multi-purpose capabilities of any existing resource in the game.

In My opinion PD could add more tracks than theyer Hondas or Nissans... We got over 1000cars and not so many tracks to drive them around...

WRC tracks,
Touge tracks,
Hillclimb tracks,
Downhill tracks.

I used to race RX on DiRT3 and loved it. If they were to add RX, PD needs to put in Group B RX's such as the MG 6R4.:)👍

Back