Would you like to play on the Ring,Nursnow,LasVegas?

You'll only need the necessary programms for use with mac.
You don't need the windows command window!

If the ripkit works with the mac, I don't know.ask trailleur de zon.

But almost no new track will work. Always freeze at the track loading screen.

to Franz:

>"Option/Preference: set Disc ID to "disable" is this step very important?
I don't know..I will try without it if you want

>should the swap magic burning method work with direct-boot mod?
I'm sorry, I have no idea what you mean

>I tried your method before on both PAL and NTSC only missing above step
PAL version came up with 2.01GB GT4.VOL instead of 3GB something after rebuild
NTSC version (both Asia and Japanese), I compare the iso file between working original backup and track exchange backup with ISObuster, the only different is the files in UDF part of track exchange one becoming all uppercase, but none of them boot
Again, I'm sorry, I have no idea what you mean, other than GT4.VOL always comes in @ between 1.9GB and 2.0GB

to Cyd:
rally tracks=capri,capri(bmw),nursnow,paris_rally,paris_tarmac,ss_rialt,trialmt?
non-rally=grandvalley,infineo,newyork(bmw),nurburgring

butch
:sly:

Are there any video with the red iridescent reflections on Amalfi??

Untitled-176.jpg

Alright, I really need some help. Wasted 6 CDRs already. I got a PAL PS2 and PAL Prologue version. Can you use a CDRW for that? My PS2 is not chipped, I use Swap Magic V3.

Are the tracks you can download on page 1 correct for me or NTSC?

You said the LBA must be identical. Well, how do you change / configure the LBA with CD_DVD GENERATOR when creating a new project?

Thx in advance,
greetings from Porsche-homeland

I have another problem ... how can I copy the contents of GT4P dvd? I have it, but can't open it on my dvd drive to copy content off it. Computer freezes until I remove the dvd from DVD-Rom. Will try at brother's DVD Burner ...

Or am I missing something again ... :)

Tnx

EDIT: seems that my dvd drive isn't working properly anymore. It's acctually quite old :). Got it off, will try to burn some cds soon :).

I got Capri and Paris rally to work on the Chinese NTSC (w/ the DPro glitch) disc but I did it on the hard drive instead. The other tracks try to load but then the little blue spinning loader turns red and the game freezes. I'll try to rearrange where I put the tracks to see if that works.
I used halcapone's shorter method to hack the tracks but instead of using CDVDgen, I used CDgen to create the image and copied it to the hard drive w/ WinHIIP. BTW, does anybody have the Hong Kong, SSR5, and full Nurb hacks?

Edit....just read about the the full Nurb :indiff: Anyone tried to hack the cars yet?

dunkee
I got Capri and Paris rally to work on the Chinese NTSC (w/ the DPro glitch) disc but I did it on the hard drive instead. The other tracks try to load but then the little blue spinning loader turns red and the game freezes. I'll try to rearrange where I put the tracks to see if that works.
I used halcapone's shorter method to hack the tracks but instead of using CDVDgen, I used CDgen to create the image and copied it to the hard drive w/ WinHIIP. BTW, does anybody have the Hong Kong, SSR5, and full Nurb hacks?

Edit....just read about the the full Nurb :indiff: Anyone tried to hack the cars yet?

Hi Dunkee,

I forget if I downloaded SS5 or got it from my original. I will email what I have to you if you want. Send me a message :-)

By the way, this track is gorgeous, albeit a bit dark. It is ss5 as we know it, wet from rain, and at dawn. At one point, the sun peeks through a series of alternating highrise buildings...reallly nice artistically.

hal

Hi again,

After many trials, here's what I have to date. Track titles ending with "_down " means I downloaded these from the net; others are from the original disk.

Top half tracks do not work well, if at all. Bottom half work. The last 4 lines show the succesful burn combinations.

Couldn't attach an excel file...stuck it into word...attached track.doc

Interestingly, same bigger tracks fit into sometimes smaller slots. Also, contrary to one of my previous posts, some rally and racetrack can be swapped. Try Capri (BMW) in New york slot, and you can race with others. Conversely, the assisi slot, being the biggest, will take anything that works (however, you race solo).

Hoping this may be useful to someone.

Attachments

• tracks.doc
    84 KB · Views: 54
halcapone
Hi Dunkee,

I forget if I downloaded SS5 or got it from my original. I will email what I have to you if you want. Send me a message :-)

By the way, this track is gorgeous, albeit a bit dark. It is ss5 as we know it, wet from rain, and at dawn. At one point, the sun peeks through a series of alternating highrise buildings...reallly nice artistically.

hal

Sorry for the confusion Dunkee, ss5 (filname route5.)(4,100,168 bytes) and hongkong (4,617,931 bytes) are from the Asian version of the gt4p.

I sent you a PM...I was hoping you'd say that. BTW, for some strange reason only the two rally tracks accept the hack for me. All others freeze w/ whatever track I put in :grumpy: It's cool though just gotta make more copies. Got Las Vegas, BMW Capri, Paris Rally & Tarmac, and Hong Kong so far...that Paris Tarmac track has some crazy turns at the end :scared:

Oh and I kinda figured out how to hack out cars. I just swap cars in the cars folder > lod & menu. I used the Nismo 350z and swapped it w/ a TVR3 which is the Griffith...drives like the Z, looks real cool though. I think you can only swap cars w/ the same drive train though. I tried swapping the Spoon Civic w/ a RUf and it froze up when I tried to select it. Have to play w/ it more...

dunkee
I sent you a PM...I was hoping you'd say that. BTW, for some strange reason only the two rally tracks accept the hack for me. All others freeze w/ whatever track I put in :grumpy: It's cool though just gotta make more copies. Got Las Vegas, BMW Capri, Paris Rally & Tarmac, and Hong Kong so far...that Paris Tarmac track has some crazy turns at the end :scared:

Oh and I kinda figured out how to hack out cars. I just swap cars in the cars folder > lod & menu. I used the Nismo 350z and swapped it w/ a TVR3 which is the Griffith...drives like the Z, looks real cool though. I think you can only swap cars w/ the same drive train though. I tried swapping the Spoon Civic w/ a RUf and it froze up when I tried to select it. Have to play w/ it more...

That's great!
According to GTweb forum, they said swapping cars only affect its appearance, but the physics will stay the same
nice to know it works ~

Is it possible to save replays of the hacked courses, so that they can be shark ported onto gtplanet and downloaded by users with the same version of prologue?

halcapone
Sure, tell me how to do it and I will. I have an old sharkport...can I use that?

(I guess someone is bound to tell me to use the search feature...please don't)

a video with any car would be nice

im not sure how a sharkport works though...

askia47
a video with any car would be nice

im not sure how a sharkport works though...

A sharkport/xport is a device that allows you to transfer memory card files between your ps2 memory card and PC. (find one on ebay)

Hence, if replays of the hacked tracks can be saved, they can be downloaded from PC to ps2 memory cards so that they can be viewed with the appropriate prologue version. It would be much better than a video because the image and audio quality would not be degraded, and you would also have the usual replay options.

However whether this is possible remains to be seen...

Can I take a moment to compliment everyone that worked on this ripkit? The people that devised this intuitive technique deserve some heartfelt accolade.

Even though I don't have Prologue (or even a DVD burner for that matter), it makes me proud to see that the spirit of the GT community is as pioneering as ever.

halcapone
Hi again,

After many trials, here's what I have to date. Track titles ending with "_down " means I downloaded these from the net; others are from the original disk.

Top half tracks do not work well, if at all. Bottom half work. The last 4 lines show the succesful burn combinations.

Couldn't attach an excel file...stuck it into word...attached track.doc

Interestingly, same bigger tracks fit into sometimes smaller slots. Also, contrary to one of my previous posts, some rally and racetrack can be swapped. Try Capri (BMW) in New york slot, and you can race with others. Conversely, the assisi slot, being the biggest, will take anything that works (however, you race solo).

Hoping this may be useful to someone.

Hey, that document is usefull. When I get my pc up and running i'm gonna do the same as Dunkee with Winhiip and CDgen to load it straight to the hdd.

Tazz
I wonder if GTC tracks can be extracted and played in Prologue. ANyone tried?

I dunno if the GT4P engine could handle it though, although it might be worth a try. I'd love to blast the Cusco Impreza Autumn ring with it's incredible turn in.

Do you think it would be possible to edit the camera positions? I want to drive the cars like I'm sat in the drivers seat :D especially that soft top with all the hand movements and gear changes. :cool:

Back