• 20 %

Votes: 10 15.2%
  • 30 %

Votes: 8 12.1%
  • 40 %

Votes: 17 25.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
It seems that everyone on that forum would like GT4 to include his or her favourite cars, series, tracks, modifications etc.
GT2 was distributed on 2 CDROMs, 1 for the arcade and the other for the simulation.
They could do the same for GT4, this way everibody would be happy. The muscle cars, the ricers, the used cars and the drag fans could coexist peacefully. Even the Aussies could have their own serie :)

How much extra money would you be ready to pay for a 2nd DVD ?

GT4 is going to be in two discs, or a dvd9, thats for sure. But I dont think the price is changing.

This question doesn't make any sense because we already know GT4 will either be a 2 DVD game or a dual side DVD. :)

See ya :sly:

I think his point isn't what the exact data amount would be on a 2nd DVD, dual layer DVD, or if they sent you a whole big printout of 1's and 0's, a laser pointer, and a big pat on the back. It's more - would you be willing to spend extra money for a specialized set of cars that otherwise wouldn't be economical to test/analyze/model in the "default" game. With the split DVD, those cars could even be targetted at specific markets, though it seems unlikely they could fill even a whole CD with new cars. Maybe they'd be super high res.

Anyway, correct me if I'm wrong, but that's how I read the post.

If they were to localize each gt4 to each region.... as you just explained, there would be no point, because then you'd get people that would complain that they didn't get a specific car while somebody else got what they want. gt4 WILL be dual-layered.

i would pay more, but the real question is, will it be more and the answer is, probably not.

CDs aren't where the cost of the game comes from, its the actual production of the game that costs money.

like when you go to a resteraunt and get unlimited refils on pop, its because your paying $1.25 for 2 cents worth of liquid and the (temporary) use of a 30 cent glass

the CD/DVD itself is probably 50 Cents worth of plastic, they pay some guy $8.50/hour to push the button to the machine that presses the CD, and during that hour he'll probably press 1000CDs or more.

no no, the big cost is paying the Programmers, Artists, Researchers, Sound Techies, booking agents, track time, PS2 Dev-Kits(PD would get them free anyways), etc. etc. etc..

it doesn't matter how big the game is, or how many CDs it is, they still payed the devs the same ammount to make the game(example: Baulders gate was 6 CDs when it came out, it cost the same as any other 1 CD game)

i wouldnt pay extra. GT2 was 2 discs and the same as other games.. i dont see why it should be any different... and i heard somewhere that they cant sell games over a certain amount?? is that true?

marduke
i wouldnt pay extra.

So, if it's 10-20 bucks above the average price for a regular 1dvd ps2 game you won't buy gt4?

I could pay the double price but as other said, an extra dvd costs like what - squat? It will hardly affect the price at all.

As has been said before.......GT4 will be on a dual layer DVD......full stop. And the price will not change (be around £40 store price)......

However......if they included a second disc full of like other cool stuff, making of GT4 (the whole story!), interviews, testing, photographing the tracks and digitalising them, all about the cars...........stuff like this on a special bonus disc would just be amazing!!.........I would pay extra for that!

Robin :D

robin2223
As has been said before.......GT4 will be on a dual layer DVD......full stop. And the price will not change (be around £40 store price)......

However......if they included a second disc full of like other cool stuff, making of GT4 (the whole story!), interviews, testing, photographing the tracks and digitalising them, all about the cars...........stuff like this on a special bonus disc would just be amazing!!.........I would pay extra for that!

Robin :D

No, I don't think they would ever make a 'Making Of GT4' video. They gave away most of the footage already in the "Track GT4" feature in those demo discs of OPM Magazine.

It they came out with a separate disc for GT4, that had extra GT4 goodies, I might buy it, if it meant I would get GT4 quicker in my hands. And, there would have to be a decent amount of extra stuff to warrant its purchase, so long the price wasn't too high.

If is is Dual layered, would you have to flip the disc over when you want to go to the other side? Sorry, I don't know what dual-layered actually means :dunce:

wyndairn
I think his point isn't what the exact data amount would be on a 2nd DVD, dual layer DVD, or if they sent you a whole big printout of 1's and 0's, a laser pointer, and a big pat on the back. It's more - would you be willing to spend extra money for a specialized set of cars that otherwise wouldn't be economical to test/analyze/model in the "default" game. With the split DVD, those cars could even be targetted at specific markets, though it seems unlikely they could fill even a whole CD with new cars. Maybe they'd be super high res.

Anyway, correct me if I'm wrong, but that's how I read the post.

No, you are 100 % correct at interpreting my question. I couldn't have said it better.

Thanks the GT4 fans who are taking some of their time to answer the poll so far.
I'm a little surprised because I was expecting 100 % of the results to favour the first choice ( 0% ).
As a matter of fact I was not even expecting any reply to my post at all :)
Ok I'm rushing to the ballot box, I didn't vote yet.

I voted 30 %.
As someone mentioned, the cost of 2nd DVD is marginal. If the original GT4 sim has let's say 500 cars and 100 tracks it won't cost twice as much to produce a version with 2 DVDs for a total of 1000 cars and 200 tracks.

Now with a 2nd DVD, this forum would be empty because everyone here would be perfectly happy and busy racing with the cars of their dreams on the tracks they wanted :)

There's no point in extra DVDs for a 3D game! The disk can store over 7 GIGABYTES! Do you have any idea how much data that is? If they have a problem with storage then they need to rethink their file structure.

And besides, all it needs is hard drive and network support. Then we just download everything that might need a second disk. It would be better that way anyhow.

You don't have to flip dual layer DVD discs - you probably own some now. Ever noticed movies pause briefly before continuing again? That's layer transition at work, two physical layers are burnt into the disc, and read, each holding several GB of data.

As for the question at hand and everyone's talk of region specific cars and wanting certain models - heard of downloadable content?

how many discs the game is on is irrelevant to the price... the game will cost what it costs whether it be on 2 discs, 1 or a dual layered one.

^ Kaz said in the Kikizo interview that pre/post race potentially, but in race definitely not. There's enough latency issues online in supporting the game play let alone headset communication.

If there were two GT4 products sold seperately from each other, one at $59 with "regular game data" and one at $99 for the origional game plus "extra data" (cars, tracks, modes, whatever) I would definately pay it.

I wonder how many of you would be able to see the two games sitting next to each other on the shelf, pick up the cheaper one, and say, "Screw it, I don't care about all the extra stuff, the money is more important to me." I'd say it would only take one visit to this site to hear about how much everyone loves the "new (fill in the blank)" on the extras disc before you ran back out and picked up the more expensive one. :lol:

Did GT2 cost more because it was on two disks? Did FF7 cost more because it was on three? No, so why should GT4 cost more, I would't have it if it did, I'd find it for the usual price in some bargain games shop or online.

Back