Votes: 10 15.2%
  • 30 %

Votes: 8 12.1%
  • 40 %

Votes: 17 25.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
LoudMusic
There's no point in extra DVDs for a 3D game! The disk can store over 7 GIGABYTES! Do you have any idea how much data that is? If they have a problem with storage then they need to rethink their file structure.

And besides, all it needs is hard drive and network support. Then we just download everything that might need a second disk. It would be better that way anyhow.

What the percentage of PS2 owners who have a harddisk and play online ?

Biased turkey
What the percentage of PS2 owners who have a harddisk and play online ?
About the same percentage of people who are willing to buy a second DVD game disc of GT4, if there is to be one.

I would pay extra but it's not going to cost any different since its going to be on a dual layer.

live4speed
Did GT2 cost more because it was on two disks? Did FF7 cost more because it was on three? No, so why should GT4 cost more, I would't have it if it did, I'd find it for the usual price in some bargain games shop or online.
I don't think the question is whether it SHOULD cost more, but rather would you pay for it if it did? You answered that question as well, but for me, $20 or $30 just isn't enough difference for me to quible about. Ok, so I skip eating out for dinner one night, or I post pone a night at the movies until next week or whatever. Not much of a sacrifice for a game you will be playing for months if not a year or more, IMHO.

I would be well interested in paying more for extra discs , depending on content - if they brought out car , track , and decal discs , i would definately buy them .
the one bad thing about GT is the crappy cars they put in .some peeps like it some dont .
i dont really get any enjoyment from going round a circuit in a 50bhp pile o rubbish .
so i am limited to the more powerfull cars I.E skylines ,lancers , subaru's etc .
if they were to bring out more cars on discs , it would appeal to me especially if it were classes of discs ( porsche ) ( ferrari ) ( lambo ) etc.etc

Also , if you think about it , the reasons for gt not including ferrari's is because the cost of the copyright is very high and they cannot initially afford every single car , so if we all bought gt4 , some of the money could then be used into gaining the rights of makers such as lamborghini & ferrari .

surley everyone wants to see the likes of ferrari & lamborghini in GT ?????????

so put me down for a big YES :) 👍

The real question is, "What is the highest amount that you are willing to pay for GT4?"

I could see myself paying $500+ for the game + DF Pro wheel. I pretty much did that with part 3, anyway (PS2 $299, GT3, $49, GT Force $99).

I paid $815 for my PS2!!!......aaaaaahhhhhh!!! :( :( :( :( ......then $144 on a chip! :eek: :eek:......plus GT3, Concept and Prologue

Thats a $1,000 PS2 investment ure looking at :scared: ........Thats how much I love GT

Well it was an import version 1, first batch.......so......what the hey!

Robin :D

id buy an extras dvd, but it would only make sense if it was like an expansion pack released at a later date, or if the game couldnt fit on one dvd then the second dvd would be free.

Nemo
id buy an extras dvd, but it would only make sense if it was like an expansion pack released at a later date, or if the game couldnt fit on one dvd then the second dvd would be free.

The idea of an expansion pack at a later date crossed my mind too. Unfortunately, I'm sure that the day GT4 is released all the PD team will start developing GT5 on a PS3 development system and completely forget the PS2 hardware.

mashoutposse
The real question is, "What is the highest amount that you are willing to pay for GT4?"

I could see myself paying $500+ for the game + DF Pro wheel. I pretty much did that with part 3, anyway (PS2 $299, GT3, $49, GT Force $99).
Hmm.
+49
+99
--------
~450
Not 500 close though.

PS2 (siver) - £100
Sony 28" Trinitron Widescreen (ex-rental) - £130
Logitech DFP - £50
Creative Labs Inspire 5500 5.1 £100
Gran Turismo 4 = Priceless

thank you :) seriously though i think everyone will be investing in some small way other than just buying the game... or at least have done for one of the GT's already.

(if you dont have a Driving force pro id start there people.. unbelieveable)

pimp racer
Hmm.
+49
+99
--------
~450
Not 500 close though.

$50 away isn't close? That's $50 he can spend on expansion discs or downloading content or something. Buy a network adaptor.

Paying for a 2nd DVD? No one would even try to accomplish that. You're already spending 50$ US for the game. Why would they try to milk money out of us that bad? Sony, nor PD, is lacking money. And the amount of money already invested by PS2 buyers (PS2 & Network Adapter) is enough to satisfy their greedy needs...

We should expect at least a Dual-Layered DVD. If not, then throw in the 2 DVDs...

EDIT: Umm...Ignore the whole first part of my post...just finished reading the thread..:dunce:

If the cost of media had any relation to the cost of the game then CD-ROM games would be next to free by now and DVD's would be in stedy decline. so obviously it isnt

I don't think the question is whether it SHOULD cost more, but rather would you pay for it if it did? You answered that question as well, but for me, $20 or $30 just isn't enough difference for me to quible about. Ok, so I skip eating out for dinner one night, or I post pone a night at the movies until next week or whatever. Not much of a sacrifice for a game you will be playing for months if not a year or more, IMHO.

If I had to I can quite honestly say that I would pay up to £5,000 for the game. For something that is main hobby and would last at least 3 years, I would still call it value for money!

I've spent well over £5,000 on computer games/consoles etc etc in the last 20 years and I can honestly say that I've played gran turismo more than any of them.

I've played GT1/2/3 since they came out and have probably dedicated around 6,000 hours in total on the three games. So that would only equate to £1 per hour even at that ridiculous price.

Yeah, it is mental, but I value my GT games more than my £3,000 computer, so that says it all really.

Their coming to take me away ha ha.....lol :)

That's not that bad a reasoning actually... I'm not paying 5K though. I just got 1K of new components for my computer, I'll get the PS2 HDD soon enough, and that'll be all I buy hardware wise for a few years.

Back