Vaxen

GTP Race Admin
United States
Sunnyvale, CA
GTP_Vaxen
Assuming the following prices:
$4.99 per track
$0.99 per car
Would you pay for DLC Cars and Tracks in GT5-Prologue?

For this to work, you'd be forced to download the cars anyway in order to play online, but the DLC cost would give you the right to purchase the car in game.

Edit: I neglected to add a "some cars and some tracks, depending on the car and track." If this is your answer, choose option 3 (all cars and some tracks), and make a note in the thread below.

Last edited:
If you could do a try before you buy (say you can drive it in free run, but can't tune it / race it), I'd consider it, but that's going to get damn expensive (given that $0.99 would translate to £0.99)...

It would instill a certain amount of genuine value in the cars you own, which would be nice, but by the same token, I don't want to spend £100 building up a collection of virtual cars...

Maybe if there were ways of winning the cars aswell (however difficult the challenge to win them). I can just see it being a bit of a kick in the teeth when GT5 inevitably arrives with a huge roster of Japanese cars, and then the majority of American / European cars being extras you have to pay for.

The idea of the cars actually being valuable to you as the player is really appealing though, if you spent money on it and had to repair it etc. it would make races suddenly so much more important. Unfortunately, it's one of those things that would be cool for a day or so, then the great unwashed would get frustrated and take the game back.

No, and I can't believe this has been posted, because we are just giving ideas to PD that we don't need. They could make a fortune for PD, out of prologue as we are all desparate for more content.

Yes i would be everything. DLC is good as it makes the games last longer but there will always be people who hate it.

For me, it would be more of a deal if they say sold bundles of cars instead, and saved the .99 cents per car for some rarer cars. There are a few ways they could go at this:

1) By performance level: offer so many low powered cars for $1-2 and so many higher powered cars for $3-4.

2) By region: offer a selection of cars (from low to high powered) in a package for a few bucks, and offer a few different packages per region (sort of like how Pokemon cards were bundled).

3) By car type: Offer various packs based on the type of car, such as - muscle, hot-hatch, luxury, truck, supercar, "obscure" (cars like the Model T and Daihatsu Midget), rally, concepts, etc. (Some would only work if they allowed all cars to be used to race.) Of course the pricing would be based on the "level" that they are at (similar to 1), but sorted out differently.

PD really should do it.

-There is few interesting games coming from others...
-They would make lots of cash with 5$/track etc etc...
-They would not loose anything, cause everybody will buy GT5 anyway.
-Economic situation.
-GT5 has upset people quite much, with delay all the time and no good explenations.
-Keeping this great game alive next 12 month.
-Happy customers are priceless, and PD have not promised more tracks so no one could not be angry about buying few good tracks more.

Depends on the cars and the tracks to decide wether i think it would be worth the money to buy them.

It occurs to me that I missed one poll option: "some cars and some tracks, depending."

For this, choose option 3 (some tracks and all cars), and post a note here to that effect.

When will you people learn that PD are not making GT because of the money (at least that isn't their first priority :P), it's because of passion and love for cars...

When will you people learn that PD are not making GT because of the money (at least that isn't their first priority :P), it's because of passion and love for cars...

You forgot to put ;) -smiley after your post. :)

PD shouldn't do it, The only way for me to pay for this stuff is by credit card and i don't have one, if Sony started offering up PSN Money Vouchers then mabye I would but for now, NO!

PD shouldn't do it, The only way for me to pay for this stuff is by credit card and i don't have one, if Sony started offering up PSN Money Vouchers then mabye I would but for now, NO!

I dont have credit card either. I would ask some of my friends to use his card, and then buy to him few beers.

Easy answer, YES, I would be happy to pay that small amount for a new track, and new cars welcome too, but only the ones I like. :) 👍

No, and I can't believe this has been posted, because we are just giving ideas to PD that we don't need. They could make a fortune for PD, out of prologue as we are all desparate for more content.

I'm sure that Sony has at least thought of this without our help. :sly:

We'd all prefer that the content be available now, and be free, but this at least allows for a frank discussion of the options.

$5 for a track is just too expensive, that's only 12 tracks before you've doubled the price of the game. There better more that 12 tracks in the full version of GT5.

I would pay for a car and some tracks if the choice is free to the customer. So I would like to buy car X and track Y & Z.

You should be able to choose from a "gran turismo automobile & track database" and then check out.

Should be possible to finish the game with the car you'd buy. I think customer freedom has the future in this one.

It's like getting the base from polyphony and sony and then you are free to fill it up with items of your choice.

Regards,
doblocruiser

They do have PSN cards and you can use debit cards aswell.

After being used like guinea pigs and having to cope with some of the rather lame updates we have had, we should not have to pay for any car, and i would not pay for any car, it's only certain people who can get away with using the same car after each update, why would you pay for a car which you would garage after the next update. As for tracks i could be only tempted by one pretty long track and even then only if RBE was no where in sight and to use online would incorporate some restrictions to limit the riff raff that frequent these events

I voted pay for all, if i did not buy all cars and tracks i would feel as though i was missing out on some great races, there could be for example an event at the nurburgring with extra cars that i had not bought, so if i did not buy this track and cars i would be missing out on a lot of good races.

This forum contains a lot of members who are young or students and are on a tight budget and therefore may not be able to afford these downloads, why should these people be excluded from these downloads? they did pay the full price for the game after all?

This forum contains a lot of members who are young or students and are on a tight budget and therefore may not be able to afford these downloads, why should these people be excluded from these downloads? they did pay the full price for the game after all?

Because modelling the cars and tracks wont be cheap but im sure we will see atleast 20 free cars and a few tracks after GT5 is released since we have already had over 30 cars (since release in japan) added in GT5P.

Last edited:
I voted pay for all, if i did not buy all cars and tracks i would feel as though i was missing out on some great races, there could be for example an event at the nurburgring with extra cars that i had not bought, so if i did not buy this track and cars i would be missing out on a lot of good races.

I feel same sympathy ofcourse. I've had my tight times too, believe me.

I dont think this hypothetic poll means tenths of tracks, and hundreds of cars. I assume it's more like few tracks more, and maybe 20-30 cars max. It's only Prologue in the end... but it really needs some new spirit in it. And those extra cars what you could buy, would not anyhow be better than these what we already have. Everybody could buy few of them, if there really is want.

DLC is BS if you have to pay for it... get it right the first time for heaven's sake! They're gonna make a good chunk of coin off this game... they can afford to give us free tracks and cars at $60 a pop for the damn thing.

Back