Would you prefer Gran Turismo 7 or an updated GT Sport for PS5?

• Thread starter Magog
  • 328 comments

GT7 or GT Sport?

• Total voters
I voted for GT7. But I would make a way to load in our liveries, photos - and maybe credits too - from GTS (all of these as as optional). So we will have our liveries in a new game already ready to get in action with.

My spidey senses are telling me we’ll get a PS5-enhanced GT Sport and a GT7 announcement. I cant see Sony making GT7 a launch title with the rumored supply issues and the precarious state of the economy. It’d be better to wait a few years when they can easily ship several million consoles, to people with steady paychecks. Maybe a PS5 Slim GT7 bundle...

I've no idea what the person's saying in this 2 week old video but this looks a hell of a lot like GT7...

Has the video been debunked without me knowing?

Gran Turismo 7 all the way. I would love to see GT Auto again like back in Gran Turismo 6. Some of the cars from the game never appeared in other games than the Gran Turismo Franchises. I would love to see the old customization and career modes return in the new game. I would love to see the car limit get raised as well.

GT7.

Updates to GT Sport could work in theory, but they haven't.

GT Sport updates overall have really done nothing for me. Nice cars, but nowhere to use them, BoP updates but nothing to address the game's fundamental lack of variety. The car list is unbalanced, group X is by definition a dumping ground for cars they cant be bothered categorising. N classes are all over the place, sport mode is still 70% Group 3 and 4.

It started as a focused game but with each update they reverted to old habits by masking stale gameplay with new cars that don't fix the problem.

Last edited:
GT sport all the way! I’ve had a lot of fun racing my friends on line.

I really don’t see what the appeal of PD’s single player ever was. It’s simply an applied overtaking, last to first challenge, while trying to avoid appalling AI. Since the release of GT Sport I actually feel like I’m playing a racing game.

If I have to, I’ll buy GT7 in order to keep doing the FIA races, but I hope GT7 will just be an added option built around GT Sport for those who want it.

GT sport all the way! I’ve had a lot of fun racing my friends on line.

I really don’t see what the appeal of PD’s single player ever was. It’s simply an applied overtaking, last to first challenge, while trying to avoid appalling AI. Since the release of GT Sport I actually feel like I’m playing a racing game.

If I have to, I’ll buy GT7 in order to keep doing the FIA races, but I hope GT7 will just be an added option built around GT Sport for those who want it.
The single player game, was to experience driving cars, most of us in the west would never experience. There was also a head-to-head feature. So, we could race against our human friends.
With the LAN feature, we could race multiple people.

Single player, is basically to play the game the way any one player wants to play it. I should be able to structure the game by either entering races with my favorite cars or constructing races how I see fit.
Another thing is just driving. Exploring the tracks. See how different cars "feel". That could be cruising or Time Trial.
People do drive around other than racing other people and AI. Could be to save a replay for photoshoot or simply to watch their cars alone on a track.

That's some of the appeal for single players.

The single player game, was to experience driving cars, most of us in the west would never experience. There was also a head-to-head feature. So, we could race against our human friends.

Single player, is basically to play the game the way any one player wants to play it. I should be able to structure the game by either entering races with my favorite cars or constructing races how I see fit.
Another thing is just driving. Exploring the tracks. See how different cars "feel". That could be cruising or Time Trial.
People do drive around other than racing other people and AI. Could be to save a replay for photoshoot or simply to watch their cars alone on a track.

I read somewhere where some people bought the game just to take photos of different cars and never raced with it.

I agree with all that, but unfortunately single players can’t play the game how they want it, they have to play the game the way PD wants them to play.

There’s no reason why all of this can’t be in GT7 For players to enjoy as they see fit. It would just be good if it’s not compulsory to buy, to continue the online aspect of GTS.

I read somewhere where some people bought the game just to take photos of different cars and never raced with it.
Yes. Some profiles show only decals and liveries with no mileage attempted.
I agree with all that, but unfortunately single players can’t play the game how they want it, they have to play the game the way PD wants them to play.

There’s no reason why all of this can’t be in GT7 For players to enjoy as they see fit. It would just be good if it’s not compulsory to buy, to continue the online aspect of GTS.
Definitely. However, I've restarted multiple times just to play different ways: car collecting, FIA only, only having one car in my garage, etc.

Unfortunately, many of us have to be creative with Kaz' own vision for us.

Last edited:
Yes. Some profiles show only decals and liveries with no mileage attempted.

Definitely. However, I've restarted multiple times just to play different ways: car collecting, FIA only, only having one car in my garage, etc.

Unfortunately, many of us have to be creative with Kaz' own vision for us.
I have a profile dedicated solely to the Henry Ford philosophy - all the cars only in black. 😎

It’s simply an applied overtaking, last to first challenge, while trying to avoid appalling AI.
It was only that way from a late GT5 patch onwards. In GT1-4 it was traditional racing, albeit with still pretty slow AI. But at least they started on an even keel and wanted to win.

GT7 has to revert to proper racing and improve their AI, it should be their number 1 priority if they really are returning to a focus on single player again.

GT7 has to revert to proper racing and improve their AI, it should be their number 1 priority if they really are returning to a focus on single player again.
If it is on PS4 as well don't put too much money on AI improvements. 🙄

PD are not going to fix the AI because in their eyes, it’s not broken. This is how GT games have always been. This is Kaz’s vision for his players! lol. They’ve had 25years to improve the AI and they aren’t gonna start now.

GT will be released with minor graphical improvements and that’s it. If it turns out to be cross platform, then doubtless people will be up in arms saying that the game could have been so much better if it were PS5 exclusive, which is totally true, but certainly not for that reason.

People have been saying that if the new game goes to PS4, then we can forget about dynamic weather and time of day, as if these features were guaranteed however PD has given no indication that we were originally gonna get it. The PS4 can certainly deliver on this, we even had it back on the PS3. Anything that is or isn’t put in the game will be because those in charge at PD know exactly what the players want already, and have no need to ask us.

PD are not going to fix the AI because in their eyes, it’s not broken. This is how GT games have always been. This is Kaz’s vision for his players! lol. They’ve had 25years to improve the AI and they aren’t gonna start now.

GT will be released with minor graphical improvements and that’s it. If it turns out to be cross platform, then doubtless people will be up in arms saying that the game could have been so much better if it were PS5 exclusive, which is totally true, but certainly not for that reason.

People have been saying that if the new game goes to PS4, then we can forget about dynamic weather and time of day, as if these features were guaranteed however PD has given no indication that we were originally gonna get it. The PS4 can certainly deliver on this, we even had it back on the PS3. Anything that is or isn’t put in the game will be because those in charge at PD know exactly what the players want already, and have no need to ask us.
PD fixed the car sounds in GTS after 6 games, so 20 years too for that. Just a reminder. Though it's done by hiring Forza's sound guy and PD also iirc didn't feel wrong for the sounds at first.

It's worth remembering that the AI has changed significantly since GT1. It's never been amazing, and there may be no reason this think it will become amazing in GT7 specifically, but it might change and it could improve. I'd be happy if the races reverted back to proper races and not chase the rabbit and start half a mile behind affairs. But things to get changed and do improve, it might just not be as much or in the way we wanted or expected.

It's worth remembering that the AI has changed significantly since GT1. It's never been amazing, and there may be no reason this think it will become amazing in GT7 specifically, but it might change and it could improve. I'd be happy if the races reverted back to proper races and not chase the rabbit and start half a mile behind affairs. But things to get changed and do improve, it might just not be as much or in the way we wanted or expected.
With them backtracking to a traditional GT with a (hopefully) fleshed out Career/campaign mode, than hopefully that will give them a push in that direction, though.

The AI was also alright in GT5 at first. It was never monstrously fast, but it was reasonably challenging (depending on track, somewhat) without the AI cars being monstrously overpowered to try and pretend it wasn't some of the worst in the genre (like GT4) or rubber banding (most races GT1-GT3). I don't think it was any worse than Forza's, for example, and Turn 10 spent years talking up the Drivatars. This was perhaps best seen in B-Spec, but the AI had decent pace, performed reasonable-ish behavior and even made realistic mistakes when attempting racing maneuvers and showed PD knew how to make AI that was at least decent.

PD then decided to cut it off at the knees to offset the races being a turned into the piss poor chase the rabbit event when they patched out standing starts in GT5 to try and salvage the game framerate; then in GT6 they made it so it actively slows down to not pass you if you won't have a chance to pass it again yourself.

The AI was also alright in GT5 at first. It was never monstrously fast, but it was reasonably challenging (depending on track, somewhat) without the AI cars being monstrously overpowered to try and pretend it wasn't some of the worst in the genre (like GT4) or rubber banding (most races GT1-GT3). I don't think it was any worse than Forza's, for example, and Turn 10 spent years talking up the Drivatars. This was perhaps best seen in B-Spec, but the AI had decent pace, performed reasonable-ish behavior and even made realistic mistakes when attempting racing maneuvers and showed PD knew how to make AI that was at least decent.

PD then decided to cut it off at the knees to offset the races being a turned into the piss poor chase the rabbit event when they patched out standing starts in GT5 to try and salvage the game framerate; then in GT6 they made it so it actively slows down to not pass you if you won't have a chance to pass it again yourself.
Somehow I feel PD likely purposely cut it off to make it 'more difficult' to the player, adding more challenge, instead of improving the AI. I feel that's also why they removed Qualifying too which existed in GT1 and GT3 (and some part in GT4).

Back