Would you prefer Gran Turismo 7 or an updated GT Sport for PS5?

• Thread starter Magog
  • 328 comments

GT7 or GT Sport?

• Total voters
0fc.gif

I'm leaning towards GT7 though, if it's indeed, the combination of "Past, Present & Future", though I still have some doubts about that. :sly::lol:

GTS is not GT7 despite what is written...

They cannoy just skip a number...

Makes no sense...

Kaz still owe us a GT7...

Edit: here is what might have happened:

PD were working on getting GT7 on the PS4
But the plans and goal were so ambitious, Kaz decided to scratch and postpone that effort, instead
Kaz decided to do what we now know as GTS, a "sidestep" from the regular series...

So Kaz is now working on GT7 for the PS5 and playable on PS4 with downgraded graphics...

Last edited:
The idea of "GT7" has no appeal as long as PD keeps adding free content to GT Sport. Sure, a new game could probably improve in various ways that GT Sport cannot, but I don't need those improvements until PD showcases something that has next-generation written all over it.

The idea of "GT7" has no appeal as long as PD keeps adding free content to GT Sport. Sure, a new game could probably improve in various ways that GT Sport cannot, but I don't need those improvements until PD showcases something that has next-generation written all over it.
I'm not sure if everyone can agree with that. This sounds the equivalent of saying, "why fix if it ain't broke". And how can PD make a successor that can be more innovative and thrilling at the same time if they'll just keep on continuing to support GT Sport via these free updates? I'm not sure how but for GT Sport, maybe they can reach up to a thousand cars if they can sustain doing that for the next few years. Therefore, many people who follow the game will say it's fine because it might be enough to satisfy them, I suppose.

PS4 slim + 720p & 1080p, 30 & 60 fps

PS4 pro + 720p, 1080p & 4K 30 & 60 fps

PS5 + 720p, 1080p & 4K 30 & 60 fps

GT sport like

ps: support 8K HD (4k TV) & PS4 & VR to PS5

GTS is not GT7 despite what is written...

They cannoy just skip a number...

Makes no sense...

Kaz still owe us a GT7...

Edit: here is what might have happened:

PD were working on getting GT7 on the PS4
But the plans and goal were so ambitious, Kaz decided to scratch and postpone that effort, instead
Kaz decided to do what we now know as GTS, a "sidestep" from the regular series...

So Kaz is now working on GT7 for the PS5 and playable on PS4 with downgraded graphics...

That sounds like mad denial dude. But, sure they can. They're a company. If Polyphony was okay with releasing GTS in such an anemic state, skipping over a number is just a minor bump in the road.

"as long as PD keeps adding free content..."

You just answered your own question.

As much as we would like for them to keep going that way, but PD is in this business to make profit primarily...
there will be a point when they will stop doing that... and the next game will most definitely have some next gen feature...

The idea of GT7 may not appeal to you, but they certainly cannot risk to not to cater to some of us...

That sounds like mad denial dude. But, sure they can. They're a company. If Polyphony was okay with releasing GTS in such an anemic state, skipping over a number is just a minor bump in the road.

i am fine being in denial...

... that's because i am confident PD will give us a GT7.

how is GTS anemic ? compare to what ?
it is not a full blown GT game, but that's why it is called GT Sport ...

Last edited:
I voted for GTsport
Bring back GT5 24hr endurance races with the ability to condense to 24 mins with dynamic rain and day night cycle.
Also the ability to save race progress when driving into pits

You just answered your own question.

As much as we would like for them to keep going that way, but PD is in this business to make profit primarily...
there will be a point when they will stop doing that... and the next game will most definitely have some next gen feature...

The idea of GT7 may not appeal to you, but they certainly cannot risk to not to cater to some of us...

i am fine being in denial...

... that's because i am confident PD will give us a GT7.

how is GTS anemic ? compare to what ?
it is not a full blown GT game, but that's why it is called GT Sport ...

I should've explained myself, I meant when the game was first released. It had barely any content in the game whatsoever. Either way, PD expects this to be our GT7, so we gotta be happy with what we got.

GT7 of course, wanting the contents to come back which is more effective in starting over (look at GT League), like performance parts, car info, extended career mode, GT Auto, etc. But also bring the GTS' online content intact. Best of both worlds.

But just be 100% generous and let GT7 transfer anything you have in GT Sport completely there (all cars, profile, stats, etc.).

I voted for GTsport
Bring back GT5 24hr endurance races with the ability to condense to 24 mins with dynamic rain and day night cycle.
Also the ability to save race progress when driving into pits
That will never happen in GT Sport but it might happen in GT7, and we just have to wait and see if PD puts that in the next real game, and I would like it to a save race progress when driving into pits.

I voted for Gran Turismo 7 because we do need a fresh new Racing game by this time next year, and PD needs to release it as a PS5 launch title. There is nothing wrong having a GT Sport and the real GT7 on PS5 and they can both work together.
GT7 will have more offline content while GT Sport will still have online content, but around July 2021 GT7 will takeover GT Sport as an online game.

I think the future could be bright with a GT Sport 2. You could implement the offline content of a GT7 and continue to move the brand forward with the Sport side. Or just build on what's been done with GT Sport.

My biggest wish for GT7, or whatever the name will be, is that they get the penalty system sorted out. If the reason for the issues of the current game are because of the lack of PS4-CPU Power, then I have hope, but if not, then I don't know if the sportmode will survive in long term.

In the moment, if you start from the mid or the rear of the grid, its pure luck to survive. It has nothing to do with racing instincts or whatever. If you're at the wrong place at the wrong time, its done with you. 1 of 3 races is compromised because you get divebombed or rammed or whatever if you don't start in the front, and I'm talking about A,A+/ S grids, don't want to know how it is on the lower grids. How can A/ A+ Drivers brake like there was no slipstream or no cold tyres?

Anyway, hopefully they focus on this matter, and not waste their recources on all the unnecessary VGT/ Group X - cars, which I can't imagine anybody uses more than once and even that Maybe only out of couriosity.

Thank you for your judgement on my imagination, but I can speak of what all of my GTS-friends think, and it is the very same what I've mentioned.

So put your statement in context of that small group of people then, instead of saying stuff like...

I can't imagine anybody

... because it's really not hard to imagine that out of 8 million or so players that at least somebody does that thing you don't think anybody does.

I will never ever understand the VGT criticism of "nobody will ever even drive them more than once" or stuff along those lines. I can almost guarantee that there's multiple race cars you've never used in your garage as well as road cars. Tell me, how many times have you driven the Aston Martin V8 Vantage S or Citroen DS3 Racing since release? Frankly, the VGTs are a lot more fun than the majority of cars in the game and also offer insight into future directions of brands.

So put your statement in context of that small group of people then, instead of saying stuff like...

... because it's really not hard to imagine that out of 8 million or so players that at least somebody does that thing you don't think anybody does.

Look mate, as I said before, I can talk from my impressions, but I'm wondering right now why you react so like thin-skinned onto it. With "anybody" I meant obviously a to small amount of People, to justify that much effort for fantasy cars and not fix penalty system, point system and so on in the same time.

Since you're mentioning the 8M accounts, according to the statistics in Kudosprime, 87% of them didn't even play more then 5.000 km, so either the big majority did put the game aside or all of them are doing liveries. So talking about about how many drivers do this and this doesn't make much sense since we are not collecting their data, do we? So what is left over is to take the impressions from your friends, your racing community, the live-chats in the streams and so on.

And btw, who are you again to give me commands how I should make my statements? Keep your respect, please.

Last edited:
I'm not sure if everyone can agree with that.

Has everyone ever agreed?

This sounds the equivalent of saying, "why fix if it ain't broke".

Then you're not getting my point. All I said was that GT Sport serves me well as long as PD is adding free content to it. It's not like I'm expecting them to do that forever just because GT Sport isn't broken.

And how can PD make a successor that can be more innovative and thrilling at the same time if they'll just keep on continuing to support GT Sport via these free updates?

Adding cars and tracks to GT Sport doesn't prevent PD from developing a new game behind the scenes.

You just answered your own question..

I didn't ask any question.

there will be a point when they will stop doing that...

As I elaborated above, my post wasn't trying to say that PD should just continue supporting GT Sport for all eternity. However, while they are doing so and haven't showcased a successor, then I don't need another game personally.

Whatever PD produces next I will likely buy. I’d like GT7 with expanded offline content.

Starting over with an empty garage doesn’t bother me. I like having to earn cars rather than having everything available off the bat, however I do understand those that don’t want to purchase everything again.

I do wonder though if GT Sport will be around for some time yet and just continue to grow as apposed to a new title.

Has everyone ever agreed?

Then you're not getting my point. All I said was that GT Sport serves me well as long as PD is adding free content to it. It's not like I'm expecting them to do that forever just because GT Sport isn't broken.

Adding cars and tracks to GT Sport doesn't prevent PD from developing a new game behind the scenes.
Well, the only reason why I said them is because you're making it sound like producing a next GT title isn't ideal at all, just because PD is not charging for free content in GT Sport yet... :rolleyes:

The idea of "GT7" has no appeal as long as PD keeps adding free content to GT Sport.

Well, the only reason why I said them is because you're making it sound like producing a next GT title isn't ideal at all, just because PD is not charging for free content in GT Sport yet... :rolleyes:

I fail to see how I make it sound like that.

No doubt a new GT title for numerous reasons.., GT sport it´s just a kind of prologue.

Gt sport it´s lacking in so many things and hardware limited that makes no sense to update it and offcourse people will have to pay for the new game.

Since the natural thing in this area it´s to evolve.., in my opinion a new game it´s needed so it can have full advantage of the hardware capabilities.

Don´t really know how PD will do in future but they could launch a GT7 title and than instead of launch a brande new one in ps5 live cicle they could just update GT7 like they did in GT sport..., the thing is that the new game need to have all the singleplayer and sport mode feature in the same game. It´s the most simple way and the cheapest way i guess..

People that don´t play sport mode could just play the singleplayer mode offline, probably will be the way they´ll go.

Last edited:
Why do people ask these questions? Especially after an announcement is made? It's not like PD is going to change their plans.

Wow, no one appreciates GT Sport. :indiff:

It's pretty obvious that GT Sport is stop gap. For whatever reason, they didn't have the ability to put the effort into a "full" GT iteration, so we got "Sport" which is their way of saying it's a pared down version.

The question itself is a little strange. It's not an either or thing. Sport Mode will 100% be in GT7, just evolved.

Sport Mode is built on the GT6 quick race with the penalty system and rankings added on.

If you check GT6, you will see 5 races, just like we have in Sport Mode. We have Races A, B, C and the 2 FIA races. It's the same thing.

What Sport lacks are the other features, which they have slowly added and a proper compliment of cars.

For the next iteration, GT7 should have FAR more ranked usage for the rest of the garage. Those campaign events need to become tweaked for multiplayer and they need to become ranked, otherwise the whole garage becomes a bit of a waste, as it is now.

And it is....I went back to lobbies the other night and was reminded of how bad lobbies are. Almost all lobbies are set up to be need for speed with no weight reduction limits, no power limits, no tire limits..I just don't understand. Why have an N300 room (for instance) and the let everyone max their cars out? And then, give me a laundry list of cars that can't be used.

Then I have to wait 15-20 minutes to race for 5-8 minutes, assuming no one enters the lobby, because at that point we all have to quit and start over for the new guy.

Ya - F that noise.

Last edited:
Back