Would you prefer Gran Turismo 7 or an updated GT Sport for PS5?

• Thread starter Magog
  • 328 comments

GT7 or GT Sport?

• Total voters
I'd like to see full support for offline vents- full Gr.1/2/3/4 seasons, endurance events, and so on. Same for the N-series cars. I'd like to see competitive, rational AI. For Sport Mode, I'd like to see more variety in the "weeklies", and better officiating. (Meaningful penalties, and none of this "SR down" crap for hard, no-contact racing.) I understand PD wants to keep penalties light to keep player counts up, but in my case, it keeps me away unless it is an event I really like.

Pay for half a game, and get the other half released monthly over the course of 2+ years... Nope!

The main reason I got a PS4 was for this game, and for the most part it's been disappointing. Too many minor issues. But I'll take the L for that one.

Not sure I feel like going through this again with PS5, especially if none of the existing steering wheels work for it.

In terms of marketing, the title "Gran turismo 7" has much more impact than "GTSport 2".

Gtsport is probably the most polished game of Polyphony Digital this decade but it still miss many features loved by players like career mode, classic tracks...
Gtsport is the perfect foundation, GT7 the next logical step. (Not a single classic GT track in two years of GTSport... it's pretty obvious. Oh and Pikes Peak too, we won't see it on PS4 I think.)
The next game is GT7.

I want them to continue GT Sport, mostly because as soon as they move onto the next thing GT Sport is doomed. Once the servers go down the game is crippled, and I've put too much effort in to want that to ever happen.

It has to though, PD are not a charity.

I want them to continue GT Sport, mostly because as soon as they move onto the next thing GT Sport is doomed.

Sport Mode will continue. It has been too successful.

...and what good does it do anyone to have the servers for old games left up? It just splinters the community.

You're the one who said the idea of it doesn't have appeal in the first place.

I said the idea of "GT7" has no appeal as long as they're adding free content to GT Sport, because it's my opinion. It's the things you read into my opinion I don't follow.

This thread asks what people would prefer, and I said what I would prefer. Nothing more nothing less. Can we move on now?

I said the idea of "GT7" has no appeal as long as they're adding free content to GT Sport, because it's my opinion. It's the things you read into my opinion I don't follow.

This thread asks what people would prefer, and I said what I would prefer. Nothing more nothing less. Can we move on now?
Yeah, it is your opinion. But you could have indicated it earlier so it shouldn't have been confusing.

Not in a rush to buy PS5, I just hope what ever PD do they make sure all the decal that people have made go across to the new game.
I want dynamic weather with tyre & track condition to suite.
I would love a better driver view from inside may be Bigger view so I can see when going up hill etc.
The full use off my wheel buttons, so I can change the car settings with out the MFD being up, car dashboarddisplay should show everything.
All the settings online should be offline so we can practice correctly.
And off course better penalty system so rammers get punished & not the clean drivers.

Yeah, it is your opinion. But you could have indicated it earlier so it shouldn't have been confusing.

You can't be serious... Not sure why you wouldn't read my comment as my opinion, when the thread specifically asks for opinions.

I think the premise of this thread is a bit weird... we all know that they are moving to a "GT Sport on PS5" thing anyway where i guess you continue your career on a new console (???) - the problem I have with this is that it doesnt 'incentivise' me to get a new console if I'm good with 1,080p@60... if the content is the same across both then why?

Also most of us realise that we're unlikely to ever go back to a GT6 model where 75% of the content is on the disc.

What kind of question is that?! I mean, who wouldn't want GT7 instead of an updated GTS? That's my honest opinion.

Not in a rush to buy PS5, I just hope what ever PD do they make sure all the decal that people have made go across to the new game.
I want dynamic weather with tyre & track condition to suite.
I would love a better driver view from inside may be Bigger view so I can see when going up hill etc.
The full use off my wheel buttons, so I can change the car settings with out the MFD being up, car dashboarddisplay should show everything.
All the settings online should be offline so we can practice correctly.
And off course better penalty system so rammers get punished & not the clean drivers.

i remember reading somewhere that the content/progress and save file from GTS would be able to port over onto the next GT game (whatever that will be, and hopefully it will be GT7), and that the next GT game can be played both on PS4 and PS5 (as Sony doesn't want to force people onto the PS5 just yet)...

did i read or understood correctly ? wouldn't you all agree ? Or was that just all my wishful thinking ?

If i was Kaz, that's what i would push for to support my fanbase and give the fans the option to transition to the PS5 on their own terms... (unless the PS5 will be relatively cheap).

Let's make this happen ...

What kind of question is that?! I mean, who wouldn't want GT7 instead of an updated GTS? That's my honest opinion.
I don't want GT7 instead of GTS. I don't want GTS instead of GT7. Whatever Kaz and PDI decide to create and bring out for sale, is a game. Whether it has a number or letter at the end, makes no difference. It's the content inside.

Past experiences with GT successors are a cause for concern. GT5 moved away from the open-ended progression system many players loved in GT4. GT6 spent ages reinventing several GT5 features for the worse. GTS launched almost completely reimagined, only to become reverse-engineered back on track.

The creative direction for the next game isn't something that can be taken for granted.

I think also some people like this thing where they drip feed content month by month.

The question would be how was the longevity for Gt5/6 compared to current.

They will port GTS over and add content like tracks and cars. That’d be perfect with me!
I don’t think I’ve ever used GT League much myself.
Better quality GTS with more tracks, more racecars, and better pen system and I’d be in heaven.

Gran Turismo The Complete Saga will do:tup:

Every car, track and events from previous GT games in one game. Along with race car modifications and upgrades.

Nah in all seriousness, I’d prefer GT7. Just like the old formula. Used car dealership would be nice too, was a huge part of GT2, GT4 & GT5 for me. Along with winning a fixed prize car after you complete an event. Even the ticket system, I didn’t mind the ticket system in GT5. Just my opinion though, I’d love the next GT to be a traditional one *with all the traditional tracks such as Deep Forest, High Speed Ring, Grand Valley, Apricot Hill, Stage Route 7, Midfield Raceway, Test Course etc. It’d be nice.

I would like GT7 on PS4, not purchasing another console just for a GT title again. PD use to do 2 titles per console, they are just to greedy now. GT sport is where It ends for me I don't care how good the next GT is.

Well they have traditionally done two titles per generation... with the ps4 being the most successful ever it does seem strange that there will only be one title and some would say, not a mainstream numbered title.

Past experiences with GT successors are a cause for concern. GT5 moved away from the open-ended progression system many players loved in GT4. GT6 spent ages reinventing several GT5 features for the worse. GTS launched almost completely reimagined, only to become reverse-engineered back on track.

The creative direction for the next game isn't something that can be taken for granted.

The way you describe the changes seems so pessimistic, and as if there was only one way to do GT games, even if we all would like to think so...

Although we all know each GT is different from its preceding version, AND we don't necessarily agree with the changes, BUT in retrospective, i for one, think that the evolution between GT games were the natural and only progression... it's destiny....those are the ways for Kaz and PD to try different things before they will bring everything back together in a coherent way, hopefully in the next GT game, which I REALLY HOPE will be offered on both PS4 and PS5 (so to NOT force people to upgrade the hardware, the same way that Zelda Breath of the Wild was available both on the Wii AND Switch !!)

Just my 2 cents

Last edited:
I would like GT7 on PS4, not purchasing another console just for a GT title again. PD use to do 2 titles per console, they are just to greedy now. GT sport is where It ends for me I don't care how good the next GT is.
Would you say the same thing if GT6 was released for PS4 instead?

They way you describe the changes seems so pessimistic, and as if there was only one way to do GT game, even if we all would like to think so...

Although we all know each GT is different from its preceding version, AND we don't necessarily agree with the changes, BUT in retrospective i for one, think that the evolution between games were the natural and only progression....those are Ways for Kaz and PD to try different things before they will bring everything back together in a coherent ways, hopefully in the next GT game, which I REALLY HOPE will be offered on both PS4 and PS5 (that way not forcing people to upgrade the hardware, the same way that Zelda Breath of the Wild was available both on the Wii AND Switch !!)

Just my 2 cents

I'm just trying not to set myself up for disappointment. Many people seem to have invested a lot of vivid expectations in Yamauchi's remark that the next GT will be a combination of past, present and future (not necessarily saying you have). However, it's a very vague statement considering GT Sport already fits that description.

GT sport is where It ends for me I don't care how good the next GT is.
Well you are going to the miss something that is going to be bigger and better than GT Sport, the next GT game in 8K resolution and on PS5 and how good is that going to be :).

Are you ignoring the 2 years of continuous free DLCs and the FIA live events? That was all free for the players to get / qualify to.

I don’t see the greed aspect. The fact that they did two titles for the PS3 is probably the reason why they only had time for one this time around. If GT7 (or whatever it’s called) is a PS5 launch title they might be able to get back to the two-titles-per-generation pace.

Well you are going to the miss something that is going to be bigger and better than GT Sport, the next GT game in 8K resolution and on PS5 and how good is that going to be :).

I don't need that, I just need trees that don't suddenly blink into existence at the end of Monza's main straight.

Back