Would You Prefer if FIA Races Switched to Once a Week?

• Thread starter Pigems
  • 46 comments

Would You Prefer FIA Races to Only be Once a Week?

• Yes

Votes: 39 60.0%
  • No

Votes: 26 40.0%

• Total voters

Pigems

Premium
Canada
Canada
TT_Pigems
Just a quick question for everyone. Would anyone else like it if FIA races switched to once a week instead of twice a week? Twice a week doesn’t leave much time to practice, especially for Nations races where the combos vary a lot more. Just curious as to what everyone thinks. Have a great day and thanks for voting. :cheers:

I'd prefer they not have both Manufacturers and Nations on the same day. It really irritated me when they announced the Supra Cup (I'm all for even more competitions, for variety sake) and then had the races on a Saturday on top of the two existing competitions.

When we're in the middle of a proper season, twice a week racing even when only doing one of the competitions does feel like a significant time commitment. I'm not sure how some people manage both.

I guess one of the benefits of twice a week racing is that if you can only commit to one of the days then that can still work out. If it's only once a week on day you can't do, then the FIA's are not an option for you.

Not sure where that leaves my vote! I'd just like to see races spread out through the week a bit more :)

For me two days a week is a lot, I've been able to participate this time due to it being the winter months but during the
main event it's not possible for me to compete in the full season during the summer.

I don't think there's a win win situation for anyone when it comes to these races but I think the way forward with it should be Manufacturers
on a weekday and Nations Cup on a Saturday that way if you can only elect to do one of the FIA championships you can still partake in
all the races.

Also the times at the moment, whilst the change seemed a good idea it's not so practical now that I've experienced them as I can usually
only participate in the 22:20 race and 23:40 whereas if the times were better spaced but still allow you to participate in both championships
that'd be good though again it won't fit everyone.

Am thinking I will probably not participate in 2020 but that's not due to game or the time issues just other things happening in life.

on the contrary, I would have preferred a session a day! alternating between nation X3 and manufacturer X3! Monday: nation Tuesday: manufacturer Wednesday: nation .......... then Sunday rest for everyone

I like the two races a week since the dailies are weeklies. I just wish they moved the Saturday races to Sunday.

FIA Races once or twice a Week, well let me answer it my way.
I‘d prefer them fair and equal.
What that means?
First of all, get rid of Car/Track Announcement. You enter an FIA Race-Random Car/Track Screen, something like Daily Prize Cars. You never know what you get. I‘d like that very much.
Secondly, definitely back to one Slot only.
No more multiple attempts, it was already like that a long time ago.
The Way it works now, it only prefers the People who have too much free time( mostly Teens)experimenting in lobbies what the best strategy is.
If they than fail, they simply try again as often as possible until they are satisfied (or not:D)
Adults with real lifes and families and Kids who still love these FIA Races are clearly disadvantaged, honestly, but let’s face it, that’s how it is.
At the end of the day, it’s still PDs‘ choice, and that they are known for making questionable decisions,well,that stands out of question ;)

First of all, get rid of Car/Track Announcement. You enter an FIA Race-Random Car/Track Screen, something like Daily Prize Cars. You never know what you get. I‘d like that very much.
The Way it works now, it only prefers the People who have too much free time( mostly Teens)experimenting in lobbies what the best strategy is.
If they than fail, they simply try again as often as possible until they are satisfied (or not:D)
Adults with real lifes and families and Kids who still love these FIA Races are clearly disadvantaged, honestly, but let’s face it, that’s how it is.
What you suggest wouldn't achieve what you think it would. Forza Horizon 4 is like you're suggesting, you can be racing any of many classes of car on any track, you don't know in advance. This swings things totally in favour of those who play the game all day every day, because they're the only ones who can be presented with any car and track combination with no warning and drive it perfectly. If you're a busy adult who can only get an hour of practice in, you're far better off knowing what is coming up, so you can at least spend that hour practising what you'll be racing, rather than being presented with something that you last drove 6 months ago, but the people who play 100 hours a week have practised for 10 hours in the last few weeks.

FIA Races once or twice a Week, well let me answer it my way.
I‘d prefer them fair and equal.
What that means?
Secondly, definitely back to one Slot only.
No more multiple attempts, it was already like that a long time ago.
At the end of the day, it’s still PDs‘ choice, and that they are known for making questionable decisions,well,that stands out of question ;)

It very much suits younger generations, and many older players are being eliminated because they don't have the time to be competitive in one championship, never mind two. 3-4 major championship races of varying classes once per week would give the chance for older players to be competitive in at least one of these championships. I believe from a friend that some players put it ridiculous hours to be competitive in FIAs as well, and this is another reason why I dislike the easy conditions and handling of almost all the cars because it rewards those putting in many extra hours learning tracks and conditions through muscle memory rather than driving by the seat of their pants and with abandon.

I also disagree with only have one time slot. Having three time slots gives someone (like me) a chance to race. If 17:00 was the only option, then I can’t race. My gaming time starts at 9pm est weeknights. I even make arrangements to get into the 9pm manufacturer race. If it wasn’t for 3 time slots, I wouldn’t be able to race.

I also disagree with only have one time slot. Having three time slots gives someone (like me) a chance to race. If 17:00 was the only option, then I can’t race. My gaming time starts at 9pm est weeknights. I even make arrangements to get into the 9pm manufacturer race. If it wasn’t for 3 time slots, I wouldn’t be able to race.
Sorry, I didn’t meant to only be able to race 1 specific time-slot.
I meant that u only get 1 chance whatever timeslot it may be.
It was like that in the beginning days of GTS.
This multiple tries took away so much pressure and focus, worst is that it’s not fair and equal.
And again, it prefers the ones with...yes exactly :boggled:

What you suggest wouldn't achieve what you think it would. Forza Horizon 4 is like you're suggesting, you can be racing any of many classes of car on any track, you don't know in advance. This swings things totally in favour of those who play the game all day every day, because they're the only ones who can be presented with any car and track combination with no warning and drive it perfectly. If you're a busy adult who can only get an hour of practice in, you're far better off knowing what is coming up, so you can at least spend that hour practising what you'll be racing, rather than being presented with something that you last drove 6 months ago, but the people who play 100 hours a week have practised for 10 hours in the last few weeks.
Well maybe you might be right, but I have my doubts.
I mean we have more than 80 track layouts with over 400? Cars?!
Ok now let’s add multiple tire compounds and on top of that even various tire/fuel multipliers and if we now still have some people who, like you said, „drive it perfectly, well than they are either some SuperHuman AlienHybrids, or we just simply must admit that these are the best.
I‘d not have a problem with that.
But like I said for the vast majority it would be an equal fair and square game :)
But I get what you say, a bit practice is better than being thrown in the Ring getting your Booty Whooped :D

The problem with the 1 shot FIA race was the fact that if you get taken out early then that is it. I remember practising for the Nurburgring race for a couple of hours in the days running up to the race. Qualified 3rd and got taken out at the 1st corner in an AS race and dumped back to 15th. I kept going and on the first fast right corner on the old track a guy in front of me touched the grass, hit the wall and bounced across the track taking me out again. With the heavy damage they were using at the time, that was my race done. 2-3 hours practice, 10 mins qualifying, 3 minute race, no chance to try again.

You're right that it does favour the guys with the time to enter 3 races, but then that is always the way. People who have time to practice loads on anything generally do better than people who don't. I play golf once a week against guys who play 4 or 5 times, but it doesn't stop me from enjoying it.

As to the original question, I like the twice a week FIA thing because I don't do daily races anymore, I just can't be bothered lapping for ages on my own to get a decent starting position, and starting at the back of an A+ field is just pointless as even in a good race I will very rarely make the top 10.

Note that for the official 2019 season, only your best 10 of 40 results counted for Nations, and your best 5 of 20 for Manufacturers.

It is not perfect by any means, but there already is some margin for people who (understandably) cannot enter every round.

Last edited:
Well maybe you might be right, but I have my doubts.
I mean we have more than 80 track layouts with over 400? Cars?!
Ok now let’s add multiple tire compounds and on top of that even various tire/fuel multipliers and if we now still have some people who, like you said, „drive it perfectly, well than they are either some SuperHuman AlienHybrids, or we just simply must admit that these are the best.
There's more tracks than that in FH4, considerably more if you include the freeroam rush routes you also need to learn to perfection. If the races in GTS were limited to Gr.1/2/3/4 that would be similar to the number of classes in FH4, but if you were to have one make races with any car, yes, that would be a lot more combinations. But as an example of how it plays out in FH4, YouTuber Johnson is the equivalent of a world tour standard player in GTS, but when he tried the solo ranked racing in a live stream he didn't do well at all, it was as if someone like Lightning were performing at the standard of a B rated driver, because he hadn't put in the massive time investment required to learn every track and freeroam rush route, his ranking ended up lower than mine. His ranking gradually went up over the following months as he started to acquire the vast amount of knowledge required to do well. I wouldn't have any objection to the game providing what you ask for as an additional mode, but if it were the only way to play the game, I'd just give up as I'd have no desire to invest that amount of time to become competitive at it.

Voted no.

I can race Wednesdays nations and manufactures, Saturdays only nations if I make it in time. And that is in wintertime.
Come summertime and only nations on Wednesdays is possible.
So what I would like to see the nations/manu to alternate timeslots, as I would like to race more manufacturer races

I'm fine with two races a week, I have a tendency to show up on a Wednesday when the race isn't on as it is!

What I would like though is if they ran on different days, such as Nations on Tuesday/Friday and Manufacturers on Wednesday/Saturday. You could pick a Championship that's on at times more suited to your life/work routines and schedules rather than hope you're not busy on a day when your best combo comes up!

I have an idea that will 99% never happen, but what if dailies switch back to changing every day, and you can race FIAs whenever you want, all week? I don't know if that will impact on the racing quality though. Or maybe have the usual three slots but you can do them all week.

I have an idea that will 99% never happen, but what if dailies switch back to changing every day, and you can race FIAs whenever you want, all week? I don't know if that will impact on the racing quality though. Or maybe have the usual three slots but you can do them all week.
Maybe the points tallies have something to do with it. Say, you finish your first race with 150 points. You do another race, 75 points, another, 200 points, you go back at the end of the week and get 75 points. Something happens where you don't race for the rest of the week. You end the week with the least points after all that racing. May not be important to some, but it seems a bit too much to gamble with. Some gamble with the three races as is.
I don't know, maybe some would like racing FIA every day.

Definitely yes. Would be even better if you could pick 2 days in a week to do the same race. Say you want to go out at Saturday, so you can do the race prior on Wednesday. Or you are super busy in the week, so you do the race on Saturday.
And as someone noted, Sunday would be a lot better than Saturday. If you have any work obligations for Monday, you can always do it earlier.

I think having the Nations Cup and Manufacturers Cup on different days might help the majority with regards to getting a decent amount of practice in for the race conditions.

However one thing I'd like to see implemented is to have a set allowable car list for the N300, etc races.

So in other words no longer allowing a de-tuned N500 class car to run in an N300 spec race.

I know that I've done this as to be honest it's impossible to compete against a KTM in a Lancer Evo even with the BoP settings being applied.

Always like to properly practice for a race, but real life (work, family and sport) just don't allow me to do that twice a week, so just had to stop racing in FIA races. Once a week would allow me to do them again, so once a week was my vote.

Always like to properly practice for a race, but real life (work, family and sport) just don't allow me to do that twice a week, so just had to stop racing in FIA races. Once a week would allow me to do them again, so once a week was my vote.
Technically you still can. In manufacturer series, points from top 5 races count. In the current stage, 6 out of 10 races were/will be held on Saturday. So if you could race on Saturday, you can do 6 races and still have one extra worst performance to not count.

Technically you still can. In manufacturer series, points from top 5 races count. In the current stage, 6 out of 10 races were/will be held on Saturday. So if you could race on Saturday, you can do 6 races and still have one extra worst performance to not count.
No dog in this fight as this does not affect me at all but in reality the person that can only race in 6 out of the 10 races will still be a disadvantage as they have fewer chances to do well and less throw away races than someone that can do all 10 races.

Yes they can still do enough to qualify but have a smaller margin of error to still do well.

I don't mind two days a week, as I only participate in one of the two championships usually. I get how two could be strenuous on those that do both. I would however like to see it go back to one attempt per round basis again though, but include a 2 or 3 retry system per season, incase of disconnects and such.

Back