Would You Prefer if FIA Races Switched to Once a Week?

• Thread starter Pigems
  • 46 comments

Would You Prefer FIA Races to Only be Once a Week?

• Yes

Votes: 39 60.0%
  • No

Votes: 26 40.0%

• Total voters
The new season's time range is listed as 17:00 - 23:19, so it looks like there will be more than 3 slots per night.

Not a big fan of a 5pm start as many people still have work at that time. If your country has daylight saving that will become even earlier as well.

I’m pleased Manufacturers has changed from Saturday to Sunday’s as it’s always hard to find the time on a Saturday night when you have family commitments. I rarely do Nations so it doesn’t affect me.

In regards to number or attempts, it’s hard to decide what’s best. I did want only one chance as it annoyed me that if you could only join the 3rd slot, some people have already had nearly 2 hours of race practice earlier that evening. But as others had said, when it was one chance in the past, it was infuriating to spend a couple of hours practicing in the week to then either be taken out in lap 1 or get disconnected. Happy to keep it as multiple attempts and try to get on the first slot each time so no one has an advantage of more practice :)

I'd prefer they not have both Manufacturers and Nations on the same day. It really irritated me when they announced the Supra Cup (I'm all for even more competitions, for variety sake) and then had the races on a Saturday on top of the two existing competitions.

When we're in the middle of a proper season, twice a week racing even when only doing one of the competitions does feel like a significant time commitment. I'm not sure how some people manage both.

I guess one of the benefits of twice a week racing is that if you can only commit to one of the days then that can still work out. If it's only once a week on day you can't do, then the FIA's are not an option for you.

Not sure where that leaves my vote! I'd just like to see races spread out through the week a bit more :)

This post aged well, like a fine wine.

So now I need to play and practice four times a week instead of two. Great.
No. You were still practicing for 4 races every week and you still will. You just have to focus on one race per day this time.
Can anyone here actually be ok with ONE change that Polyphony does? Every time that they change something there are people complaining. Then they go back and there still are people complaining.

This post aged well, like a fine wine.

PD did something I suggested......

I'm scared :nervous:

I do also get that there are some who dedicate 2 days a week to GT Sport doing both competitions, and from their point of view this isn't a good change. Only time and player counts for the next season will tell who the happier group is.

No. You were still practicing for 4 races every week and you still will. You just have to focus on one race per day this time.
Can anyone here actually be ok with ONE change that Polyphony does? Every time that they change something there are people complaining. Then they go back and there still are people complaining.
Yes, but now I'll spend four days doing it rather than two.

Do we know why it is set up the way it is?

If it's switched to one race per week do you then expect to only be able to race 1 or 2 time per day?

There has to be away of stopped people race every session to get extra points?
If the system going to be fair with points we must have a limit on the amount of races per session you can do.

Back