Would you race for money?

Would you race in gt7 for small money?

• Total voters
25 Euro? I can make more money than that having mop bucket races around the McDonalds.
Idea is to have fun, not to get rich. And I think most people would probably prefer to play Gran Turismo over mop bucket around McDonald's, but what do I know?

No, that isn't allowed. That's straight up gambling.
You mean it's not allowed here on forum or where is that not allowed? I don't know how is it gambling? Isn't it competition?

Idea is to have fun, not to get rich. And I think most people would probably prefer to play Gran Turismo over mop bucket around McDonald's, but what do I know?
Daily Race A is for fun. That race doesn't impact your SR or DR in anyway, taking away any pressure, leaving it just fun.

Racing for money, regardless of the amount, actually increases stress, which does not always add fun.

Well people using the forum would prefer GT, but overall populace would probably find the mop bucket idea more entertaining. Me? I think both ideas are fun. But I'm stuck on leave from work at the moment due to injury, so I can barely afford 1 euro. :indiff:

Well people using the forum would prefer GT, but overall populace would probably find the mop bucket idea more entertaining. Me? I think both ideas are fun. But I'm stuck on leave from work at the moment due to injury, so I can barely afford 1 euro. :indiff:
Sorry to hear that mate, I know how it feels, I was on sick leave for some time myself. Anyhow, right now I can cover fee for you, if there would be any race, its just one euro we are talking about.

Daily Race A is for fun. That race doesn't impact your SR or DR in anyway, taking away any pressure, leaving it just fun.

Racing for money, regardless of the amount, actually increases stress, which does not always add fun.
I thought to race offline. Online can also create stress when you do all properly and do good and then get hit by someone and end up in the grass outside. So for those reasons I asked if someone is for offline race and just share printscreens and replays.
Anyhow, I thought that one euro is probably OK for someone who can afford playstation and gran turismo 7, but I hear that it might increase stress for someone 🤔
I myself, pretty average gamer, if there would be such event I would be more than happy to finish in the middle of the field. But I would still pay that euro to have some fun.

Of course I would and I did it.
I was running a League in Project Cars 2 with some Friends and we all paid 5€ in the Pot.
It was just for fun though but at least we felt that there was something we could win so we all were eager to not miss a single Race.
I‘d say as long as the investment is around 5~10€ per Month I’m good with that but I wouldn’t pay or participate if a higher Amount is necessary to be allowed to enter a Series.

You mean it's not allowed here on forum or where is that not allowed? I don't know how is it gambling? Isn't it competition?
I mean it's not allowed in a game rated 3+/everyone. Real gambling would require the game to be rated 18+ or equivalent and that will never happen.

I'm not sure on the rules for every region in the world but I know where I'm at allows qualification for a $250,000 tournament in NBA 2K and the game is rated E for everyone (despite being able to pay real money to get luck based lootboxes, to me this is gambling). So I assume it would be fine to play GT7 with a chance at winning $25 that has way more skill involved than opening a lootbox. I would race for money, especially if the event is allowed to be put into my own video and if somehow that's illegal then I would donate the money to charity.

My dad was in a league with a good group of guys and the one guy gave out prizes for 1st place in points. My dad managed to win himself a t300. And $100 another league. People didn’t chip in, the guy that hosted the league just does or did prizes out of his own pocket. That’s a pretty generous thing to do. I’m sure everyone took their turns winning stuff.

But no I’d never chip in for a jackpot win. I don’t race enough to ever win it back. But if you want to host races and give out prizes from funding by your own money count me in. I’ll chance it. Haha

Sure, as long as the racing is clean, and neeners wouldn't be keen to rat on us for no good reason. I sincerely doubt I'd win most races, and I sincerely doubt contributing a Euro to as much as a 16E pot constitutes GAMBLING.

Is buying tickets to use at fairs gambling?? Good Lord, this is part of the reason the Earth sucks lately...

Last edited:
Sure, as long as the racing is clean, and neeners wouldn't be keen to rat on us for no good reason. I sincerely doubt I'd win most races, and I sincerely doubt contributing a Euro to as much as a 16E pot constitutes GAMBLING.
Can you stake money and potentially lose it or win more? Yes, so it's gambling. In the OPs example, 47 people are losing a euro.

If it's not possible for you to lose, then it's not gambling. It's pretty straight forward.
Is buying tickets to use at fairs gambling??
Not if they're exchanged for a service, i.e a go on a ride, no. Which Is what I assume you mean. I'm not sure why this is a tough concept.
Good Lord, this is part of the reason the Earth sucks lately...
The earth sucks because obvious gambling is defined as gambling? Right.

Last edited:
The remote and offline stuff will dilute it a bit I think. But can imagine there could be some fallouts if any cars come together , costing someone the race... although it's only a euro at stake :D.

I used to take part in fifa tournaments 10 years or so ago and they were good fun, 5 tvs, PlayStations setup and 20 odd of us taking part in a world Cup type format. Winner took all.

Anyone here up for hosting a GT event at their house? :D

@Samus I'm glad I'm an American (with slightly less nanny state). Though that's increasingly losing its value after 2020...

Back