Would you want to see Ridge Racer cars in GT6?

• Thread starter J24681357
  • 46 comments

Ridge Racer Cars for GT6

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
United States
United States
J24681357-
I would be great to see these:
street-racer-ridge-racer-7-ps3-racing-car-ridge-racer-ridge-racer-7-sport-car.jpg

I think it would be a nice little "spinoff" feel with those cars 👍

I'm all for it, just as long as the physics for them aren't silly :gtpflag:

Naaah. As much as I love Ridge Racer, I'd feel like those cars wouldn't belong.

That being said, I recall a tuner building a Soldat Raggio over a NSX chassis and powerplant. So...

P.S: stop mocking Ridge Racer, you sim-maniacs. It's still funnier that you may ever be at a party. ; P

f40
Next up, the ships from WipEout.

Heh, a Wipeout HD Venom-class AG ship has a maximum speed of 487 kph, which is slower than my modded C7 Stingray by a fair 15 kph margin.

It has a plasma cannon, tho...

Aether_and_the_ECUREUIL_car_by_PsuC.jpg

Having the X1 and so many stupid concepts is bad enough, imagine having to race against the almighty Agesolo Ecureuil! This thing accelerated from 0 to 195 MPH in seconds, had one gear and, most amazingly, cornered without losing more than one or two MPH. It's the definition of cornering on rails, it's ABSURD.

Ecureille.jpg

I thought we already had them?

Oh wait, that's called vision something.

Technically speaking, VGT cars are designer by IRL manifacturers and designers to close-to-realistic specs. Ostensibly the only known VGT so far will be built in limited numbers. Therefore, they are "real" cars.

As for the X cars, the only thing that's unrealistic in that is how your driver isn't wearing a g-suit. And their top speed, but then that seems to be a weak point / ascended glitch of GT.

But I guess bawwwling because PD added cars that took some creative effort and that you're in no way forced to drive for long is GTPlanet's favorite past-time.

As for the Ecureuil, it wasn't THAT absurd by Ridge Racer standards.

Please no Ridge Racer cars, pleeease!

....but could we get back some of the cars that have been missing since GT2???? no???

uh ohh, does this mean they ARE going to include the Ridge Racer cars in the next update???

Maybe Namco would pay them to include the RR cars to help promote the next RR game?

Interesting to see some people comparing Vision Gran Turismo cars to Ridge Racer cars. It's like comparing a fine wine to Coke Zero - only thing it does is to prove that you haven't got any taste.

To get a job at a Mercedes-Benz design studio, you need to have a degree from one of the best design schools around the world and you had to be a top student. Design studios doesn't do mass employment, they only take the best of the best. Those guys has studied form and function at master level, they are professional automotive designers and they are led by directors with decades of experience.

In a way they're all imaginary cars, just like Coke Zero and a fine wine are both beverages. But the VGT cars are based on a rigid foundation of knowledge, experience and artistic skill, while Ridge Racer cars are based on nothing but thin air and artificial sweeteners.

* Message from my lawyers: Any comparison between The Coca-Cola Company products and Namco Ltd. products is completely unintentional. I promise. Pinky swear?

Last edited:
But I guess bawwwling because PD added cars that took some creative effort and that you're in no way forced to drive for long is GTPlanet's favorite past-time

Maybe if the game's car list as it was didn't have such issues with keeping up with the industry people wouldn't take any issue with PD's publicity stunts.

Back