Would you welcome more RPG elements in the cars?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Bluez_Freak
  • 56 comments
  • 4,143 views
Messages
308
-Car service history
-Ownership history
-Chassis condition indicator
-Engine condition indicator
-Suspensions/filters/exhausts and other parts wearing out over mileage/time and need replacement
-Damage on track to be carried over and stay with the car until repaired at GT Auto

Especially the damage thing would make us all drive more cautiously/cleaner if repair costs are proportional to the extent of damage.
 
YES! i would love all those, AND a wonderbaum(airfreshner) dangling from the rear wiev mirror!

Would realy like the:
-Damage on track to be carried over and stay with the car until repaired at GT Auto

Maybe the buggers online tink twice before crashing into another person.
 
Unfortunately I don't think people would learn not to crash into other people, no matter how devestating the consequeneces are.

IMO, these aspects just seem like needless clutter and could seem potentially costly, not good since there isn't much of a viable means of revenue to keep up with the maitenance on some cars...

More "RPGness" seems like a pain in the ass to me personally. Past GT games didn't need so why "fix" something that isn't broken to begin with.
 
Anything that adds more personalisation would be good.
Even a history log for when you trade a car, that keeps a record of who owned the car at what dates, added parts at what dates and whatnot.
 
Even a history log for when you trade a car, that keeps a record of who owned the car at what dates, added parts at what dates and whatnot.


Oh wow I remember that was in GT3 AND GT4 :( :(
 
Would I welcome more RPG elements in cars? Yes, but only if PD will expand the game this way:

- Arcade mode for time trials, single races and a shorter career-like mode (similar to Enthusia "Enthusia Life" mode) where you don't have to care about these RPG elements*.
- Once you obtain a car in any mode, you can use it in stock conditions in time trials, 2 players battles and online
- Online game mode where you only drive cars you have unlocked/obtained, in a purely stock form.

Many people don't want to deal with all the RPG aspects of the game. I think the arcade mode especially could be expanded (let's admit it, it's very limited and pretty much useless as of now) to cope with this.


* If you have not played Enthusia that would also imply:
- No credits system
- No mechanical damage
- No fuel/tire consumption
- No licences
- Simplified car acquirement system (win cars you don't have in each race)
- Simplified suspension/drivetrain tuning
- Simplified automatic performance improvement system
- Simple xp/score system (the better you drive, the faster your car performance gets improved, and the higher score you obtain)
- Selectable pool of random races based on PP and race type (one-make, rallyes, category, etc)
 
How many people thought this was a Modern Warfare thread?
 
-Car service history
-Ownership history
-Chassis condition indicator
-Engine condition indicator
-Suspensions/filters/exhausts and other parts wearing out over mileage/time and need replacement
-Damage on track to be carried over and stay with the car until repaired at GT Auto

Especially the damage thing would make us all drive more cautiously/cleaner if repair costs are proportional to the extent of damage.

Yes to all of the above, especially damage carry over.

Anything that adds more personalisation would be good.
Even a history log for when you trade a car, that keeps a record of who owned the car at what dates, added parts at what dates and whatnot.

And that.

Also, a 'stock mode' would be good as a setting for any car in the garage.
 
Unfortunately I don't think people would learn not to crash into other people, no matter how devestating the consequeneces are.

Why do you say that?

Think of online car selection without the "recommeded" but only with your cars. If they start crashing all the time and being reckless that would cost them a fortune to their cars.

I think the damage being carried over after the race as the most fair way to punish stupid reckless drivers.
 
Even a history log for when you trade a car, that keeps a record of who owned the car at what dates, added parts at what dates and whatnot.

That's what I meant by "ownership history" in my OP.
 
I'm all for damage on track to be carried over until repaired especially in a race series you could get so long to repair between races like Colin McRae. But not online, whats to stop me buying a cheap old Volvo and writing off 5 Super cars in the first bend just for fun?

I like the RPG element, it would definitely add more character to the cars.
 
I'd like more RPG elements, as long as it doesn't turn into World Of Warcraft.

"Hey guys, lets go raid Indy for some rares!" :lol:
 
What do you mean?
RPG = Role Playing Game?
And then there's the "car" bit of the title...


RPG, in military parlance, is "Rocket-Propelled Grenade".

And I definitely wish there were more RPGs in GT5, especially when the AI Bobs are clogging up the turns and spinning my Bob into the wall. RPG would be very handy indeed... :D
 
Some good ideas but no for me. Fix the amount of A spec events and cash payouts 1st. Not interested in doing doughnuts with my time
 
-Car service history
-Ownership history
-Chassis condition indicator
-Engine condition indicator
-Suspensions/filters/exhausts and other parts wearing out over mileage/time and need replacement
-Damage on track to be carried over and stay with the car until repaired at GT Auto

Especially the damage thing would make us all drive more cautiously/cleaner if repair costs are proportional to the extent of damage.

I would love these too...
 
-Car service history
-Ownership history
-Chassis condition indicator
-Engine condition indicator
I like these four. They would take a lot of guesswork out of some of the car maintenance process (especially the Chassis Condition one), and wouldn't be that much of a hassle to implement.

-Suspensions/filters/exhausts and other parts wearing out over mileage/time and need replacement
-Damage on track to be carried over and stay with the car until repaired at GT Auto
I also really like these two. NFS Porsche Unleashed had a similar system that I absolutely loved. But my problem with implementing it into GT5 is that I have zero hope that PD would implement it in a way that wouldn't be terrible.
 
No to all of it. All cars should be constant. None of this goofy HP going up and down stuff. I know that happens to cars in the real world, but is just a freaking annoyance in a video game.

This game needs more RACING features. More goofy CARPG gimmicks are not needed at all.
 
I want to train my Civic to evolve into an HSV010 Race Car.

What? Civic is evolving?

honda-civic.jpg


Tum tum tum tum tum...

Your Civic evolved into an HSV010 Race Car!! Nice!!

video-honda-hsv-010-caught-testing-at-suzuka.jpg


HSV learned sequential shifter and downforce.
 
RPG, in military parlance, is "Rocket-Propelled Grenade".

And I definitely wish there were more RPGs in GT5, especially when the AI Bobs are clogging up the turns and spinning my Bob into the wall. RPG would be very handy indeed... :D

Clever Bob would drive into the rocket instead and save the other AI :)
 
No to all of it. All cars should be constant. None of this goofy HP going up and down stuff. I know that happens to cars in the real world, but is just a freaking annoyance in a video game.

This game needs more RACING features. More goofy CARPG gimmicks are not needed at all.

Yep. I don't want or need real life annoyances in a video game, because it's just that, a video game. I don't want to change a dirty air filter or rusty exhaust in a game.
 
Yep. I don't want or need real life annoyances in a video game, because it's just that, a video game. I don't want to change a dirty air filter or rusty exhaust in a game.

Yep, I want racing heaven.
I don't want my engine to let me down on the final straight for example.
Or have to MOT my car...
 
-Car service history
-Ownership history
-Chassis condition indicator
-Engine condition indicator
-Suspensions/filters/exhausts and other parts wearing out over mileage/time and need replacement
-Damage on track to be carried over and stay with the car until repaired at GT Auto

Especially the damage thing would make us all drive more cautiously/cleaner if repair costs are proportional to the extent of damage.

I would love to have all these in the game.
 
I want to train my Civic to evolve into an HSV010 Race Car.

What? Civic is evolving?

honda-civic.jpg


Tum tum tum tum tum...

Your Civic evolved into an HSV010 Race Car!! Nice!!

video-honda-hsv-010-caught-testing-at-suzuka.jpg


HSV learned sequential shifter and downforce.

👍 I love Pokémon.
 
-Car service history
-Ownership history
-Chassis condition indicator
-Engine condition indicator
-Damage on track to be carried over and stay with the car until repaired at GT Auto

Yeah, would like to be able to repair engine ect. leaving the bodywork battered, the 91 civic would look awsome knackered
 
Absolutely not unless it was completely optional. There's too much of it already.
 
People seriously need to get in their heads what RPG means and what RPG elements are!

GT is NOT an RPG and does not have RPG elements!

Leveling up, gaining abilities (upgrades and car), and game progression are NOT RPG elements!

They are only gameplay elements that are common in RPGs. That is all!

Get it right people!
 
Back