Wouldn't be nice to be able to sell our Gifted cars?

• Thread starter isamu
  • 37 comments
I would want to sell all the Cars that I don't care anything about them. Probably that never happen...:banghead:
But I think it can happen :rolleyes:

I mean like, it's to the point where I've got several duplicate cars in my garage, and they're just sitting there. It's starting to remind me of the Forza Horizon 4 fiasco. Can we persuade PD to allow us to sell our gifted cars? What do you think?
Honestly I don't think they're gonna do anything at this point. If I were to remove all my duplicates (I wouldn't, sometimes it's nice to keep 1 or 2 extra cars for photo shoots or extra setup space) I would cut my owned cars by half.

Please make this happen im sick of getting duplicates. With racecars im burnt out even putting new liveries when it comes to duplicates.

Lets us sell them and getbus credits please PD it would at least stop people from complaining how grindy this game is.

If PD were to set a modest maximum payout (I'm thinking something like Cr.20,000) I wouldn't disagree.
Otherwise, so that it is fair for all (ie. 'I just earned Cr. 1.2mill. in 5 mins. because I spun up a P1'), I would rather see it stay as it is.

*Edit*
And then there's the Mileage Points 'Gift' cars to consider.
They would need to be separated or it becomes a MP for Cr. scenario, which I don't think PD is interested in doing.

Last edited:
Agreed, at a certain point receiving prize cars actually detracts from the gameplay for most people as duplicates bring no value, with roulette being active hindrance and cluttered garage management being a chore.

I'm glad you can't sell them, it means those who put the most effort in get the largest rewards. You have to work if you want the best things.

For me they must reinvate the used car market. In there we must have the freedom to sell all the duplicates and for better they must work an "auction house" like Forza for unicorn models...

For me they must reinvate the used car market. In there we must have the freedom to sell all the duplicates and for better they must work an "auction house" like Forza for unicorn models...

GT Sport doesn't need pointless gimmicks like the used car dealership, car wash, oil change etc. It's perfectly easy enough to earn credits. The only problem i see, and it's a pattern with modern day living, is everyone wants everything now without actually putting in any effort for it. Sure it may be a game but games are there for you to be the best and gain the rewards that come with that. For example, if i'm waiting for a daily race to cycle and there's enough time, i will do a quick race before it to earn a few credits. It's amazing how fast your balance will build just by filling in dead time with a quick race.

Too bad there's no UCD in the game for these transactions to be possible.

You don't need a UCD to make it possible, the mechanism is already there to sell cars - you just can't do it with gift cars. The other week I sold a bunch of cars that I'd bought from Brand Central and then consequently over time won on the Daily wheel, I raised nearly 4 million credits doing that.

GT Sport doesn't need pointless gimmicks like the used car dealership, car wash, oil change etc. It's perfectly easy enough to earn credits. The only problem i see, and it's a pattern with modern day living, is everyone wants everything now without actually putting in any effort for it. Sure it may be a game but games are there for you to be the best and gain the rewards that come with that. For example, if i'm waiting for a daily race to cycle and there's enough time, i will do a quick race before it to earn a few credits. It's amazing how fast your balance will build just by filling in dead time with a quick race.

It´s just like a desease..., but it´s even worsth in other genres like MMORpg´s or looter shooter´s, people just whant more for less the good thing about racing it´s that if you don´t pratice you´ll be puted in your place according to your effort, someday people will ask for boost like extra grip and nitro charges according the time their offline :lol:

You don't need a UCD to make it possible, the mechanism is already there to sell cars - you just can't do it with gift cars. The other week I sold a bunch of cars that I'd bought from Brand Central and then consequently over time won on the Daily wheel, I raised nearly 4 million credits doing that.
Bummer it is then. What's PD's logic behind this one?

Better ideal PD should just limit the wheel to cars we don't already own instead of the ones we have deleted 30 times already, even if you only get weekly spins instead of daily.

I own every car in the game & by now, only a small amount aren't gifts. I copy tunes (if applicable) from purchased cars, apply them to the gift cars & then sell the originals.

I own every car in the game & by now, only a small amount aren't gifts. I copy tunes (if applicable) from purchased cars, apply them to the gift cars & then sell the originals.

I have a few of the most expensive still to get, but other than that I have them all. There are approx. 90 cars that I've not received via the wheel so far.

I have a few of the most expensive still to get, but other than that I have them all. There are approx. 90 cars that I've not received via the wheel so far.

I got the XJ13 a gift. All of the other expensive cars I purchased. (Had a good run last week, receiving the Dino & old Porsche...)

I own 271 unique models in game out of the 300+. This includes most of the high rollers by grinding to get them.

If I receive a duplicate, (which happens more often than not if you have a high portion of the car list), I then go into that manufacturer and sell the original if I bought it with in game credits.

It's as close as you can get to selling your duplicates. Makes no sense to have cars just sitting there that you have 2 of and not be profiting in any way.

Eventually you could say i'll have 90%+ of all my cars being gift cars and free money to boot. So this is definitely the way to go for me to have even more money as every little bit adds up :cheers:

Agreed, at a certain point receiving prize cars actually detracts from the gameplay for most people as duplicates bring no value, with roulette being active hindrance and cluttered garage management being a chore.
The game as a whole is quite good at not being a chore, but one thing I'd like to see changes to, related to this, is the mileage points. It would be good if it showed you in the garage view which cars have had mileage points applied so you know to delete the copy that hasn't had them applied. And it's a huge chore to go through all the cars applying mileage points to them in the first place, same for buying things in the mileage exchange. It needs a button for "Spend my mileage points" that just buys everything you don't already have, prioritising time-locked content first, i.e. the mileage exchange, then spending the rest on upgrading some cars that haven't been upgraded yet.

They'd need to remove that stupid $20 million cap on the wallet while they were at it. I don't buy cars just for the sake of having them (hello "unicorn" collectors) so I'm damn near always at the $20m limit.

Would be nice.

I still do the daily workout for the car. The car is a bonus even if it's a duplicate. Haven't got a "new" one in a long time. But once in a while I get an interesting livery on it. Also have 2 cars tied with 9 each and want to see which one hits 10 first. :lol:

I was wondering how I would park all my cars. So I looked up "Worlds biggest car parking lot". West Edmonton Mall in Canada can take 20,000 cars. :eek:

Sure it may be a game but games are there for you to be the best and gain the rewards that come with that.

Totally agree, that's why I think rationally ask a car or credits. Personally have a very little collection of cars, and bought 20 mil car only to reset credits and get achievement, and still think that money are rewarding and random car is just out of place usually.

I think you're conflating "being the best" with "doing chores". Squeezing a race in like that is doing a chore. Being the best is winning the final at the world tour. Nobody wins the final at a world tour without putting the effort in, nor do they expect to be simply given a result like that. But what many people do expect is for a game to be fun, rather than a chore. For a lot of people, the motivator for playing the game is getting better results, like being higher up on the daily race QT leaderboard, or having a higher DR, or being higher up in an FIA table. They are happy to put the effort in to get these better results because they enjoy that challenge. Simply completing a race against AI to earn credits is not a challenge for many people, and therefore is a chore rather than an enjoyable activity. There's nothing wrong with a game containing a chore-based reward system like that for those who want it, but the people who prefer to get their rewards from becoming better at driving shouldn't be made to take part in that chore-based system. It isn't that they want things for free, they are just focused on putting in their effort to achieving a different type of reward.

Back