Wouldn't GT5 Stunts (Gymkhana) be cool?

  • Thread starter Thread starter MowTin
  • 34 comments
  • 4,486 views
I wonder how man takes (and dead old guys) it took around 3.20...
I don't give a F... if they are multi take clips. Movies use more then one take....

As for the OP's question, i have designed a Gymkhana track in GT5...

Skip to 1.30 for the fun stuff ;)

I think a "Ken Block Gymkhana challenge would be brilliant. Forza 4 has however confirmed Gymkhana & being an american game and driver i think we will see your idea in spring this year ;)

Oh and FYI i am working on a multi-take video with my impreza and various tracks. Should be pretty sweet :)


That looks fun, definitely gets better some way in...i'm not so crazy about the taking out cones, but each to their own. I think the TGTT is the best arena for this for sure, layout could get confusing but just needs to be learned. I may well try this but with more reverse parking up, narrow lanes marked out with cones to slide thru etc and perhaps a little less donutting around things. Good work though!
 
They're gonna need to start making wheels with handbrakes to take advantage of this, there's no valid way to do this with a G27 for example, short of remapping the clutch pedal to the handbrake, though that is far from a realistic experience.

Would be nice to see it in a GT game, though i don't think the physics model is quite ready for it, enough to pull it off. Dirt 3 are doing it by following the route of a more arcade/casual friendly physics model, but doing it in a simulation and getting the physics model to not have a heart attack is hard.

Oh trust me the Physics model is up to it!

I just bought the Ford wrc car and with a little tweaking I was doing sweet turns on the top gear track. I can slide with great accuracy and control.

The car only breaks loose with imput from the e-brake ( which I have put on the gear lever of my DFGT) It works amazingly well.

I will make some videos of my Gymkhana course soon but It kicks the crap out of that other video. Faster more controlled slides and betterr tricks!
 
Ken Block made everybody think gymkhana = stunts :dopey:
 
they barely had gymkhana in GT4,if anybody remembers...
 
TakeshiSkunk
Yes. Watching a Ken Block vid is like watching a skate vid. :)

That would probably be because DC shoes is one of his main sponsors and Rob Dyrdek is on of his best friends.. I could care less how many times it took him to get that right... Me and probably 99% of the rest of us reading and posting here could not do it. It is pretty amazing the control people like Ken and the other drivers mentioned in this thread have with the vehicles! Just my 2 cents.
 
Back