Wow call me slow but..........

United States
The U.S
Blu_Subaru22
I can't believe they did not include 2 big things in this game.

special stage R5: one of PD's original tracks.....forgotten!??

Aston Martin: I can't believe they did not put this car dealership! But no they put Vauxhall. A useless car dealership that has the same exact cars as Opel. Outrageous!

Is Polyphony Digital planning on putting a download availiable on the playstation store like they did with the gift cars? They can't be serious about these 2 missing things!

I'll say, seemed like they just quickly made this game and put it out immediately. And the biggest content they missed was simulation mode (career mode). Maybe this is why IGN gave GT PSP a poor 6.

Yea it looks like they did. I actually thought it was going to be extremely entertaining. But no simulation mode and no special stage R5 made my 2nd game i got for christmas more appealing since im a tad bit bored with it.

I don't know why Aston Martin didn't make the cut, but I think that all night tracks are gone because it would have been too much for the PSP to handle, running it is already a load of work to do.

This game has the talent, but it is wasted. After completing all driving challenges, getting S rank on all tracks and getting all cars that you want, there's nothing to do. It would have been so much better if it had a simulation mode. I don't, in any shape of form, regret buying it, it's the best racing game i've ever played on any handheld, and one of the best racing games ever, but it's like a cake without icing(is that a good comparison?), it's missing something, something that really would make it much better.

I don't know why Aston Martin didn't make the cut, but I think that all night tracks are gone because it would have been too much for the PSP to handle, running it is already a load of work to do.

This game has the talent, but it is wasted. After completing all driving challenges, getting S rank on all tracks and getting all cars that you want, there's nothing to do. It would have been so much better if it had a simulation mode. I don't, in any shape of form, regret buying it, it's the best racing game i've ever played on any handheld, and one of the best racing games ever, but it's like a cake without icing(is that a good comparison?), it's missing something, something that really would make it much better.

Great cake camparison heh heh.

I totally think that the psp can handle night tracks. I mean if games like ace combat X can work in night mission and the psp can handle it, i'm sure it can handle it also.

But aston martin???? Whhhhhhhyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!

but it's like a cake without icing

Actually I think its more like all icing and no cake.

I can understand though, its meant to be played in small bursts, not a prolonged campaign. I think of it as something to do when away from the PS3 and a way to collect cars for GT5.

And don't expect any DLC, the special cars were already there, just needed to be unlocked.

As far as I am aware, the reason why some cars/tracks are not in the game is because it was released for PSPGo, there is a 1GB size limit for PSPGo games IIRC for easy downloads.

As far as I am aware, the reason why some cars/tracks are not in the game is because it was released for PSPGo, there is a 1GB size limit for PSPGo games IIRC for easy downloads.

There are plenty of recent games that are well over 1 gig in size. Cars and tracks are pretty small and don't take up much space - audio and video do though.

Night tracks would easily run on the PSP. If anything, it would be easier as there would be less to render in the dark environment. Wet tracks would be a different story as all the reflections on the road would require more processing power.

Night tracks would easily run on the PSP. If anything, it would be easier as there would be less to render in the dark environment.

Don't think so, buddy. You have to render all the street lights, and the lights of the surrounding buildings, and reflections of the lights on the car, and the car's headlights as well. If you ask me, that's a lot for a PSP to handle.

Don't think so, buddy. You have to render all the street lights, and the lights of the surrounding buildings, and reflections of the lights on the car, and the car's headlights as well. If you ask me, that's a lot for a PSP to handle.

I don't mean to pop your bubble, but the PSP is more powerful thank you think.
There's plenty of games that have night time, of course each one has their tricks to recreate night time, but is still good.

I mean; the recent Metal Gear Solid game does not only recreates night time, but also adds rain at the same time.
If our GT PSP can have clear day time (Opera Paris), sun set (Swiss Alps, Montegi), afternoon (Laguna Seca)...why not night time?

Whatever the reason is, we'll never know, but one thing is not knowing why, and the other is saying that the PSP can't handle it, when it clearly can.
Now, if we put it this way; 60fps, 4 cars in the track (including shading, reflections, movement), textures of the road, buildings, objects, light of the current hour of the day time...then we realize that PD really did pushed PSP to it's limit, by throwing a night track the PSP would probably run all the previous factors in a slow speed, it would be possible if the game wasn't at 60fps, but then again, I rather have the game as it is instead of night tracks.

As for the missing cars, again it can be for many reasons, manufactures not agreeing in putting their cars in the game, a decision by PD to make way to new cars, or even because the missing cars will be a prize car.
There's so many cars in GT PSP that will make life in GT5 almost boring...so I guess only the shareable cars will be able to be transfered.

Aston Martin probably won't even make it into GT5.
I believe there was some things in a contract with Microsoft that gave Microsoft an exclusive license. Don't know the details though.

Well GTPSP already does not run at a full 60FPS full time, about 80% of the time its running considerably slower, on Time Trial Mountain it averages at 45-55FPS, though i do believe they could render night tracks at this speed i feel they were just lazy.

Nothing to do? How about drive the multitude of cars around the multitude of tracks?

Lifespan is not determined by how much stuff there is to unlock, or how many AI races you have to complete to get 100% in a "career mode". Those things delay the judgment call you make, which is (when all is said and done) "Do I like playing this game?".

If you don't keep playing it after doing the driving challenges, and getting S rank, then you never really liked it anyway and should have stopped much sooner. What you were doing, in simply trying attain a level of completion, was work, not fun.

I enjoy GTPSP for what it is, the cars behave, look like and sound like real cars, and the tracks are great and diverse. Sure I got Gold in all the challenges, but I would still be playing it if it didn't have those and it had no progression in terms of credits or AI ranking.

I don't play loads, and I can't imagine I will tire of it too soon.

I seem to have this desire to take every car around the 'ring at least once. I haven't gotten all golds or all S rank yet, so I am working on those, but I seem to take a break from it every time I get a new car to take around the 'ring. The Fiat 500 took a long long time, but I had to do it.

Nothing to do? How about drive the multitude of cars around the multitude of tracks?

Lifespan is not determined by how much stuff there is to unlock, or how many AI races you have to complete to get 100% in a "career mode". Those things delay the judgment call you make, which is (when all is said and done) "Do I like playing this game?".

If you don't keep playing it after doing the driving challenges, and getting S rank, then you never really liked it anyway and should have stopped much sooner. What you were doing, in simply trying attain a level of completion, was work, not fun.

I enjoy GTPSP for what it is, the cars behave, look like and sound like real cars, and the tracks are great and diverse. Sure I got Gold in all the challenges, but I would still be playing it if it didn't have those and it had no progression in terms of credits or AI ranking.

I don't play loads, and I can't imagine I will tire of it too soon.
+100000000

This game doesn't have a story, path, or goal. It's a PSP game that you play when you have some free time or are bored, not one you take time out of your day or procrastinate on things to play (that's the full version of GT4 or 5).
The point is that you are rarely ever playing nonstop. If it had a career mode, especially with long races, or hard races that you would keep restarting, it would feel totally disconnected and scattered, and you would never know what you were aiming for the last time you played.

As a result, the one goal of this game is obvious every time you play:
Have fun.

+100000000

This game doesn't have a story, path, or goal. It's a PSP game that you play when you have some free time or are bored, not one you take time out of your day or procrastinate on things to play (that's the full version of GT4 or 5).
The point is that you are rarely ever playing nonstop. If it had a career mode, especially with long races, or hard races that you would keep restarting, it would feel totally disconnected and scattered, and you would never know what you were aiming for the last time you played.

Have fun.

Well, they can have both the single player mode alnog with this whole simulation mode. I mean I was really hoping for more challenges to come and more cars to tune. But since they didn't include that.......👎

I still like the game very much but it really wasn't the style PD had always made this beloved racing game series.

+100000000

Have fun.

Finally someone gets it!
Just stop moaning about GT mode, honestly, it's suppose to be that way.
I'm sorry if I sound meanl...but I just had enough

Its a game lets not get a heart attack over a discussion now....

Point taken.
Another thing that's missing is tuning the gear box. I understand that this was left aside to make races more even, but adjusting the gear box it's fun, and improves the car performance a lot! And it would come handy when tuning a drift car...

I think its because its a standard gear box. The car needs to be a full customized version. But since parts aren't available, the gear box cant be adjusted. That could really help out my Mazda furai concept to go above 200mph.

I'd say there is two points of this game.

1.Collecting cars for GT5.
2.Having fun while you're doing it.

Is this whole thing about Astons not getting into GT5 true? It'll be a big disappointment if that's so, especially since they've been in the game since GT1 :grumpy:. Why do car manufacturers give out exclusive license anyway? Isn't it better to have your cars in as many games as possible, so you gain more advertising? *shakes head*

As for missing night tracks, you know PD's style. If they can't get a thing perfect, they won't include it ;). It may be possible to run night tracks on the PSP, but not up to the standards KY wanted.

As another user mentioned something about making shadows being too much for the PSP,
I noticed while I was racing in (lets see was it either twin ring montegi or midfield racing.) i did see the car's shadow. So now i'm thinking, just apply the shadows under the street lights and turn the sky dark. Shouldn't be too much for a PSP to handle considering night time missions in my video games.

Back