Wow call me slow but..........

Yeah, I would actually have appreciated a fuller tuning model (outside of hybriding), the ability to cancel the 'rubber-band-effect', and night tracks. Other than that though, I'm pleased with what I've got (especially when you balance it against the delays to GT5). Although it took a while for this effect to kick in, I do now thoroughly enjoy killing fifteen to sixty minutes just ripping up the streets of Seattle in my REAA RX-7.

I couldn't imagine selling it with the amount of mileage it's getting at the moment!

What gets me more than the fact that the GT PSP is missing a true career mode is that PD and Kaz seemed to have missed the point completely. I understand simplifying the game to an extent, as it is a portable title. However, even portable titles have some goal to work towards, some incentive. That simply isn't an excuse. They also intended it as a game to play in short bursts when you're looking to kill time. However, there are fans out there (like myself, and I'm sure, many of you) who have played this game for hours, at home, even when we could have been playing Prologue or GT4.

That said, GT PSP is still easily my favorite game of last year. The physics are perfect, it's beautiful to look at, and has an insane amount of cars and tracks. Collecting cars is incredibly addicting, and I've been playing it consistently since October. I can't even say that for FM3.

On paper, it's incredibly shallow. But just like Prologue, once you get into it, nothing else compares. Still, I can only imagine how great it could have been if they just copy and pasted GT4's career mode into GT PSP. In fact, they could have just done a straight port of GT4 in its entirety over to the PSP and I would've been even happier.

What gets me more than the fact that the GT PSP is missing a true career mode is that PD and Kaz seemed to have missed the point completely. I understand simplifying the game to an extent, as it is a portable title. However, even portable titles have some goal to work towards, some incentive. That simply isn't an excuse. They also intended it as a game to play in short bursts when you're looking to kill time. However, there are fans out there (like myself, and I'm sure, many of you) who have played this game for hours, at home, even when we could have been playing Prologue or GT4.

That said, GT PSP is still easily my favorite game of last year. The physics are perfect, it's beautiful to look at, and has an insane amount of cars and tracks. Collecting cars is incredibly addicting, and I've been playing it consistently since October. I can't even say that for FM3.

On paper, it's incredibly shallow. But just like Prologue, once you get into it, nothing else compares. Still, I can only imagine how great it could have been if they just copy and pasted GT4's career mode into GT PSP. In fact, they could have just done a straight port of GT4 in its entirety over to the PSP and I would've been even happier.

+1

That would of been epic. Thats what I was expecting but all I got was no career mode and 3 opponets.

Considering that people are still complaining about not having a career mode, myself and Glubags have started Time Attack Challenge within GTP community to get the most play out of GTPSP. Either way, people shouldn't complain considering that all of your cars will transfer over when GT5 is released. Plus if you can't find a way to maximize your playtime with GTpsp. Your doing something wrong ;)

Considering that people are still complaining about not having a career mode, myself and Glubags have started Time Attack Challenge within GTP community to get the most play out of GTPSP. Either way, people shouldn't complain considering that all of your cars will transfer over when GT5 is released. Plus if you can't find a way to maximize your playtime with GTpsp. Your doing something wrong ;)

I would agree but sadly I don't have GT5 yet. :indiff:

I would do time attacks but I KNOW I SUCK.

I always play it on my way to school and on the way home. Don't get me wrong i think the game is great but, it wasnt as entirely as I expected.

Good post. A career mode wouldn't make you like it if you didn't already, even if it did make you play it (to achieve completion).

I get the impression that you're like me, spell-bound, almost, by the very novelty of having something so impressive on a little PSP.

Some gloss over the top may have added some variety, but I still think I would be playing it in the same way by now, that is picking a car and track and having a blast, then enjoying the replay.

There are other things I would have preferred they do. The AI is good, but too simplistic. I'd like them to drive with the tyres I choose, I'd like to be able to choose which cars they drive (in a race for no credits). I'd like to turn rubber banding off. Those things alone would improve GTPSP for me much more than any career mode thrown atop the existing game.

I'd like to be able to turn the tyre smoke whilst braking off.

I'd like to be able to create and manage different laptime boards for each circuit. (So I could have a FWD laptime board, and an N3 tyre laptime board, for example).

I'd like to be able to choose which camera set is being used on any replay lap.

These things would add more depth, for me, than a "win this race, win this car" career mode ever could.

I would do time attacks but I KNOW I SUCK.

Trust me after hosting 3 very successful Time Attack Challenges, I have seen members who were in the back of the pack greatly improve again and again after each passing season. Just because you're a slow driver now doesn't mean you should stay that way. Come and join the Time Attack Challenges, learn from your fellow GTP members and improve your driving. Don't just say I suck or I am slow and not do anything about it. Hence why I started TAC, I know our community has so many more drivers who are faster then I am and I wanted to see where I ranked with them. So each season we got new members from Japan, France, China, ETC. I learned a lot and I improved a great deal. You should take some time and run a few challenges, might benefit you in the long run.

I don't know why Aston Martin didn't make the cut, but I think that all night tracks are gone because it would have been too much for the PSP to handle, running it is already a load of work to do.

This game has the talent, but it is wasted. After completing all driving challenges, getting S rank on all tracks and getting all cars that you want, there's nothing to do. It would have been so much better if it had a simulation mode. I don't, in any shape of form, regret buying it, it's the best racing game i've ever played on any handheld, and one of the best racing games ever, but it's like a cake without icing(is that a good comparison?), it's missing something, something that really would make it much better.

I can understand that. there are a few things about GTPSP that I like better actually, the drving line, it's super easy to save money to buy cars, the Top Ten style time trials (even though that's allways been in GT games, & the new car's they put in are cool, ZR1, GT by Citroen, Enzo & my favorite, the Bugatti Veyron. eitherway you're completely right on one thing, it is the best handheld racing game & one of the best racing games ever. It's still my favorite PSP game overall even with it's shortcomings

Aston Martin probably won't even make it into GT5.
I believe there was some things in a contract with Microsoft that gave Microsoft an exclusive license. Don't know the details though.

Is this whole thing about Astons not getting into GT5 true? It'll be a big disappointment if that's so, especially since they've been in the game since GT1 :grumpy:. Why do car manufacturers give out exclusive license anyway? Isn't it better to have your cars in as many games as possible, so you gain more advertising? *shakes head*

Haven't seen anyone clear this up but, there is a db9 in GT5:P.

Haven't seen anyone clear this up but, there is a db9 in GT5:P.
Yes, but GT5 Prologue is not GT5. Prologue was out before the licensing issue reared it's head.

Aston Martin probably won't even make it into GT5.
I believe there was some things in a contract with Microsoft that gave Microsoft an exclusive license. Don't know the details though.

Last edited:
There was a DB9 in a GT5 trailer though :)

Just hoping AM will be included so we can race the LMP1 :drool:
I'm sure that they (AM and PD) are working on getting Astons into GT5, but I wouldn't be too hopeful last I heard.

Christ.... that's a real kick in the teeth, reading about the possibility of AM not featuring in GT5....

Is there a thread discussion on this somewhere?!

Sorry for sidetracking, but in terms of the PSPGT, well... it does have its drawbacks. Then again, the sound effects and the improvement over the GT4 physics are excellent and if you love cars and tracks and just the enjoyment of driving, then this is certainly a game worth buying.

;)

Here is IGN's GT PSP review

He explained exactly what it is. He said we wanted something that we could quickly race, buy a car, and then put down. That's exactly what this is!!!! I feel like people expected too much from this game.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back