*WOW* Dodge Viper ACR

  • Thread starter Thread starter Enzo_P1_GTR
  • 36 comments
  • 3,546 views

Enzo_P1_GTR

Premium
Messages
8,384
United States
Heaven
As anyone driven this car with a Semi-Racing muffler and Soft Racing Tires as the only mods on :) Just WOW

the Sound is gorgeous and the Handlanding is top notch

it has the Sound of The Dodge Viper ACR-X
 
everyone knows American cars by nature cannot corner, the viper however is an exception

great car
 
My only complaint is it doesn't come with downforce unless you replace the wing.
 
Anything will handle well on racing softs... use sport hards or racing hards and come back.
 
I agree,I eventually fully tuned mine,its a beast 1030hp at 1200(ish)kg's.Not to expensive at 100,000$ either
 
As anyone driven this car with a Semi-Racing muffler and Soft Racing Tires as the only mods on :) Just WOW

the Sound is gorgeous and the Handlanding is top notch

..............................

Anything will handle well on racing softs... use sport hards or racing hards and come back.

👍

everyone knows American cars by nature cannot corner, the viper however is an exception

Spoken like a true non-American that doesn't know what they are talking about. And if you are an American.....get out more.
 
Spoken like a true non-American that doesn't know what they are talking about. And if you are an American.....get out more.

Do you mean to tell me that stereotypes are outdated?

Good sir, I intend to challenge you to a duel once I've finished my cup of tea and written a letter to the Queen about how horrible my teeth are.
 
Do you mean to tell me that stereotypes are outdated?

Good sir, I intend to challenge you to a duel once I've finished my cup of tea and written a letter to the Queen about how horrible my teeth are.

👍 hahahaha made my day,truly you did -walks out of igloo to warm up polar bear before work-
 
And the Corvette, and probably more so than the Viper.

Not a chance. There probably isn't a review that has put the Corvette ahead of the Viper in the corners since 2006.

Good sir, I intend to challenge you to a duel once I've finished my cup of tea and written a letter to the Queen about how horrible my teeth are.

Not surprising. Didn't Clarkson make a quip about Cheshire being behind the times in the Top Gear Viper review lol.
 
Do you mean to tell me that stereotypes are outdated?

Good sir, I intend to challenge you to a duel once I've finished my cup of tea and written a letter to the Queen about how horrible my teeth are.

LOL, now that was funny.:)
 
IBTL-Crocodile.jpg
 
Not a chance. There probably isn't a review that has put the Corvette ahead of the Viper in the corners since 2006.

This is news to me. Sources?
 
This is news to me. Sources?

I googled and couldnt find anything worth while, good reviews for the zr1 and acr but the zr1 would edge it out in the reviews. And for the z06 and srt10 it was a coin flip on the reviews.
 
Not a chance. There probably isn't a review that has put the Corvette ahead of the Viper in the corners since 2006.

Well, I've got about as much ambition to actually go verify this claim as you, but I'm going to guess that at least a few magazines prefer the predictable, never-ending grip of the ZR1 over the Viper. As far as I've ever read (wish I was lucky enough to say "as far as I've experienced!) its six one way, half a dozen the other. Both the Viper and Vette put up unbelievable performance.
 
I know of a few examples off hand

C&D
http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews...omparison_tests/2006_dodge_viper_srt10_page_2
Viper
Highs: A terrifically sorted chassis, not one ounce of mediocrity.

Corvette
Lows: A chassis that doesn't know how to communicate and snap-oversteers at will, inexcusably flimsy seats

C&D on the 08 Viper vs Z06

http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews...omparison_tests/2008_dodge_viper_srt10_page_3

" but the Viper wins on the track. It's easier to drive around the road course as well, thanks to great feel from the quick steering and solid brake pedal. The Viper is more benign than you would think. There's so much rear-end grip that it's difficult to get a little back-end slide using the gas pedal, although the Viper is harder to manage once it does go sideways. We still prefer the Viper's mild understeer to the Corvette's tank-slapping oversteer."

MotorTrend

http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests...coupes_comparison/handling.html#ixzz1CMakxtAX

Viper
"but, despite having the highest torque-to-rear-axle-weight rating of the three, the Viper seldom threatened to break loose its 345/35R19 rear tires and wag its tail."

He used T/C on the Vette

InsideLine
http://www.insideline.com/dodge/vip...-10-coupe-vs-2007-chevrolet-corvette-z06.html

"Viper Handles Better, Too
Drive the Viper hard in a series of corners and you won't settle into a smooth rhythm like you might in a less powerful, lighter Porsche 911, Ferrari F430 or even a Z06 Corvette. Rather, its power delivery, weight and high-effort controls make the driving experience more World of Outlaws than Formula 1.

Still, its steering is direct and immediate when precision and placing the car matter, yet it never feels nervous in a straight line, even at triple-digit speeds. It might force its way down a twisty road like a parade of Nextel Cup cars, but manhandle it properly, and it does so faster than all of the above. Subtle? No. Effective? Yes.

At 74.3 mph, the Viper is among the three fastest cars we've ever driven through the slalom — an impressive feat for a car this large. Its 0.99g skid pad performance reinforces the Snake's abilities.

At 70.8 mph through the slalom and 0.93g on the skid pad, the Z06 isn't really in the same league as the Viper, and we have to lay some of the blame at the Corvette's Goodyear Eagle F1 tires, which perform like all-season rubber compared to the Viper's larger Michelin Pilot Sport PS2 rubber. In the slalom, the Corvette's balance tends toward oversteer, and its tail-wagging is disconcerting and keeps its pace down. At lower speeds, however, in a constant-radius turn, the Z06 is easily controlled. We could still be driving it in huge power-induced slides around the skid pad if we wanted to."


I don't recall ZR1 vs SRT-10 match ups. Though for the record now that I think about it, the ZR1 may have beat the ACR in MT's Best Handling car competition.

I should also say, that a lot of Viper/Vette tests were done near the Z06's release. Unlike the Viper, the Vette saw suspesnion upgrades pretty much every year.


Both the Viper and Vette put up unbelievable performance.

So true.
 
ZR1 has been laying the smack down on vipers and many other cars in many areas. I like Vettes but I think the price of the ZR1 is way too high for my bowtie beast.
 
ZR1 has been laying the smack down on vipers and many other cars in many areas. I like Vettes but I think the price of the ZR1 is way too high for my bowtie beast.

Didn't the ACR beat the ZR1's 'ring time? I prefer the Vette slightly, but let's be honest about the facts here. Again, I think trying to say one of these is better than the other is pretty fruitless. And while $100,000 does seem high for a Vette, you have to keep in mind that it absolutely slays cars that cost 4 to 5 times as much.
 
ZR1 has been laying the smack down on vipers and many other cars in many areas. I like Vettes but I think the price of the ZR1 is way too high for my bowtie beast.

The ZR1 trumps the SRT-10 hands down, yeah, though I think it's still a bit loose handling wise. A good driver will get around it though, the ZR1 was right behind the ACR at VIR and Laguna Seca. It destroyed not only the SRT-10, but the F430 Scuderia as well (well, the Scud did manage a win at Spa).

Incidentally, I've seen this emulated in GT. I tried to get a ACR, LP670, Scuderia race going online. On Indy, The Viper just ran away from the Scuderia, be it the chicanes or the oval section. I wonder how the ZR1 would have done.
 
I know of a few examples off hand...

Touche with the verification :D



I don't recall ZR1 vs SRT-10 match ups. Though for the record now that I think about it, the ZR1 may have beat the ACR in MT's Best Handling car competition.

I should also say, that a lot of Viper/Vette tests were done near the Z06's release. Unlike the Viper, the Vette saw suspesnion upgrades pretty much every year.

The early C6 Z06 was a disappointing handler, and got its rear handed to it by the Viper as a result. The ZR1 is TONS better, and gives any Viper all it can handle. I'm most excited that the Z06 can be ordered with the ZR1's suspension and widebody kit now. That would be an amazing car 👍
 
Didn't the ACR beat the ZR1's 'ring time? I prefer the Vette slightly, but let's be honest about the facts here. Again, I think trying to say one of these is better than the other is pretty fruitless. And while $100,000 does seem high for a Vette, you have to keep in mind that it absolutely slays cars that cost 4 to 5 times as much.

Well considering the barely street legal ACR shaved 4 seconds from the Vettes time after multiple attempts and suspension changes, R compound tires, huge wing it is a pretty impressive Viper. And yes it pleases me to no end that the Vette and Viper can put the hammer to cars that cost 4 to 5 times as much. Also the HURR DURR American cars can only go straight is so over used and basically dumb these days I am surprised it still is said. Big ups to the Viper, Vette and Ford GT I love three equally...even though I cant fit comfortably in a viper lol.
 
Do you mean to tell me that stereotypes are outdated?

Good sir, I intend to challenge you to a duel once I've finished my cup of tea and written a letter to the Queen about how horrible my teeth are.

Yeah, I'm fat and stupid too. : (


edit: to tha' ladies - not really ;-P
 
I'm most excited that the Z06 can be ordered with the ZR1's suspension and widebody kit now. That would be an amazing car 👍

Yes, the Z06 Carbon is the greatest Corvette ever. I like it more than the ZR1.

Well considering the barely street legal ACR shaved 4 seconds from the Vettes time after multiple attempts and suspension changes, R compound tires, huge wing it is a pretty impressive Viper. And yes it pleases me to no end that the Vette and Viper can put the hammer to cars that cost 4 to 5 times as much. Also the HURR DURR American cars can only go straight is so over used and basically dumb these days I am surprised it still is said. Big ups to the Viper, Vette and Ford GT I love three equally...even though I cant fit comfortably in a viper lol.

Well to be fair, the Corvette had a few weeks at the Ring. The Viper broke the record after only one day. But you're right, the ACR doesn't hold as huge a gap as one would think. The ZR1 always manages to keep up somehow, maybe the Supercharger blows some air upwards to make downforce lol. It's a shame that Viper vs Corvette doesn't happen in professional racing anymore. Those will forever be my favorite years in motorsports.

And yeah, getting into a Viper is like a sort of right of passage to drive the thing. You need to hop over the pipes, while putting your legs under the wheel without getting footprints on the center console/transmission tunnel (I messed up the footprint part once lol, I don't know why my shoes were so dusty).
 
Yes, the Z06 Carbon is the greatest Corvette ever. I like it more than the ZR1.



Well to be fair, the Corvette had a few weeks at the Ring. The Viper broke the record after only one day. But you're right, the ACR doesn't hold as huge a gap as one would think. The ZR1 always manages to keep up somehow, maybe the Supercharger blows some air upwards to make downforce lol. It's a shame that Viper vs Corvette doesn't happen in professional racing anymore. Those will forever be my favorite years in motorsports.

And yeah, getting into a Viper is like a sort of right of passage to drive the thing. You need to hop over the pipes, while putting your legs under the wheel without getting footprints on the center console/transmission tunnel (I messed up the footprint part once lol, I don't know why my shoes were so dusty).

6'4" 268lbs reporting here...that still wouldn't work, I did manage to uncomfortably get into a roadster SRT10 because the top was off, I can honestly say I felt claustrophobic in it. The thought of that V10 impaling me cast some fear in me....the car was parked with no key in the ignition lol. For some reason the Vette feels good sitting in it despite being tall. Never got a chance to sit in the sexy Ford GT. I love corvettes but I really think if my funds ever get to the point I would really consider buying the GT over a ZR1.

EDIT: I must say however, something I always liked about the Viper is the nasty look of it, like it just wants to rip your face off. In Houston there are a fair share of sport cars ranging from F430s to GTRs riding around but a Viper of GT always makes me turn around.
 

In that case, I have a tip for you. If you see a Murcielago, forget it. Makes the Viper feel like a Bentley. I don't even remember how long it took me to get inside.

EDIT: I must say however, something I always liked about the Viper is the nasty look of it, like it just wants to rip your face off. In Houston there are a fair share of sport cars ranging from F430s to GTRs riding around but a Viper of GT always makes me turn around.

Yeah, the Viper looks nice, especially from certain angles. It's the DB9 of mean cars. I just wish they went with the old NACA intake on the hood, I've never gotten used to the new one that bulges out, though the 08 Viper's hood is a bit better. Oddly enough, I don't have a problem with the Corvette's hood scope. That looks really nice.
 
In that case, I have a tip for you. If you see a Murcielago, forget it. Makes the Viper feel like a Bentley. I don't even remember how long it took me to get inside.

I am now shattered after reading that about the Lambo:guilty:
 
The edgier look of the late Vipers are OK but I miss the smoother design from the 98 GTS. Cobra esque.. I wish GT had Blue with White stripes like the official pace car.
 
Aswesome i love how this thread turned into a Viper Vs Vette

Remember is ok to love both.
as i do
 
Back