*WOW* Dodge Viper ACR

  • Thread starter Thread starter Enzo_P1_GTR
  • 36 comments
  • 3,546 views
My only complaint is it doesn't come with downforce unless you replace the wing.

True but at least unlike the vast majority of cars in GT5 the huge wing looks very attractive attached to the back of a Viper! I replaced mine and it looks pretty much like it did before.

On topic, I completely agree that the Viper is an exceptional car both in straight line and cornering performance!:sly: With ~800 hp like mine has you have to do some suspension work to iron out understeer but it is a very rewarding drive for sure! One of the best cars of all time, bar none!👍👍👍
 
Yes, the Z06 Carbon is the greatest Corvette ever. I like it more than the ZR1.



Well to be fair, the Corvette had a few weeks at the Ring. The Viper broke the record after only one day. But you're right, the ACR doesn't hold as huge a gap as one would think. The ZR1 always manages to keep up somehow, maybe the Supercharger blows some air upwards to make downforce lol. It's a shame that Viper vs Corvette doesn't happen in professional racing anymore. Those will forever be my favorite years in motorsports.

And yeah, getting into a Viper is like a sort of right of passage to drive the thing. You need to hop over the pipes, while putting your legs under the wheel without getting footprints on the center console/transmission tunnel (I messed up the footprint part once lol, I don't know why my shoes were so dusty).
Not only did the ACR have only 4 track runs at the nurb, it also had the horrible 5th gear ratio. So if they brought the 2010 Viper Acr (revised gearing), the Viper ACR (owners would agree) would lap the nurb in sub 7:20. I'm guessing maybe 7:15's.

I love Viper's and Corvette's, in a couple of years I can finally purchase a C6 Z06, although I originally planned to get an '08+ Viper. My heart belongs to the Vipers but I can only afford a z06!
 
The Viper also had really bad headwinds on the long straight and a driver who liked bouncing off the rev limiter instead of taking advantage of the torque that it provides. I'd agree with the thought that the viper could shave 5 seconds off the time.
 
Dont know if you guys follow Car and Drivers Lightning Lap but if you look for the results you will notice the Viper ACR trounces the ZR1 easily by about 4 seconds at Virginia International Raceway. Its a 4.2 mile circuit. Other cars it also dominated at VIR include the Nissan GTR by 7 seconds and the Ferrari F430 by 6 seconds a lap.

The ZR1 is quite a bit faster after 150mph however as the ACR's down force hinders it big time as the speed rises. Not a problem for the ACR unless its a highway race. Then its lights out for the ACR vs the ZR1. A few mags had them running equal 0-150mph times in the 16-17 sec range. Both nasty cars.
 
Well considering the barely street legal ACR shaved 4 seconds from the Vettes time after multiple attempts and suspension changes, R compound tires, huge wing it is a pretty impressive Viper. And yes it pleases me to no end that the Vette and Viper can put the hammer to cars that cost 4 to 5 times as much. Also the HURR DURR American cars can only go straight is so over used and basically dumb these days I am surprised it still is said. Big ups to the Viper, Vette and Ford GT I love three equally...even though I cant fit comfortably in a viper lol.

I never understand when people say its barely street legal. It has the same interior as a standard coupe with AC, audio etc if they buyer chooses. All they added was aerodynamics, suspension and tires. Its the same thing people do to their cars except, in this case, the MFG did it for you and it actually works.:sly:

Only running the adjustable front splitter out too far would make the "front splitter" illegal. Otherwise its a full on street car just like the normal Viper except with a more focused for the track mission a la GT2 and GT3 Porsches. No one says they are barely street legal and they come with roll cages. Not getting at ya my dude. I love both cars equally but for different reasons.
 
If we are talking about GT5 cars Viper is slightly better than the ZR1, the handling is better and the car feels much more like a race car
 
Back