WOW Logitech driving force pro!!

  • Thread starter Thread starter HUDSONJONES
  • 41 comments
  • 3,243 views
Messages
441
i have just bought this wheel, it is amazing, totaly changes gt into the real driving simulator!! i have always been a bit of a doubter about these wheels actualy being any good(after only trying cheap ones) but i must say it was well worth the £83!! if you haven't bought this wheel yet and are thinking about it then you should definately get one.
the only trouble is i now need a bucket seat/wheel holder, now i could make one but i like the lazy idea of buying one, does anyone know of companies apart from ashdesign who make the gamepod??
cheers for any help
 
yeah its a pretty good wheel.

Its even better when you got the BMW Demo disc! you can really feel the bumps through the steering wheel. And 900 degrees makes it a miracle.
 
Of course, the one question that hasn't been asked is also the one that went completely ignored when I asked it in the PS2 forum:

How big are the "clamps" used to lock it onto a tabletop? How far do they extend? Three inches? Four? Eight? I need at least a 4-5" gap in order to lock it onto my table. I'd be mighty pissed if I spent $150 on it, and then couldn't even use it.
 
I just ordered mine off a Canadian PC retailer. 154$ CDN

*crosses fingers*

I hope it's as good as what I've heard about it. And another thing, what is the easiest, cheapest way to set up a racing cockpit?

Sorry if I'm posting this in the wrong thread, I'll try the other ones listed too.
 
Kinigitt, what canadian retailer? I'm from Canada too (MOntreal City)... still looking for a good place to purchase it.
 
Well, just ordered there too, hoping it works out well, i'll finally have the "thing". Now if i can get my hands on my Toyota demo again... ;)

Damn you Europeens with the BMW disc.. Arg!
 
RedOak
Well, just ordered there too, hoping it works out well, i'll finally have the "thing". Now if i can get my hands on my Toyota demo again... ;)

Damn you Europeens with the BMW disc.. Arg!

Toyota demo?
Where? When? How?
 
err there was this toyota demo released a while back, got me a copy. if i can find it again, i'll let you try it if you want. Its not much really, but its fun for say.... 30mins or somethin'
 
RedOak
err there was this toyota demo released a while back, got me a copy. if i can find it again, i'll let you try it if you want. Its not much really, but its fun for say.... 30mins or somethin'

what cars are available? what tracks?
 
Toyota Prius and one track, I think.
 
sUn
Toyota Prius and one track, I think.

I'll take a pass then. It'll make the full version that much sweeter when it finally arrives.
 
I must be the only person in the world who regrets buying a DFP. So far it's been a complete waste for GT3 and the GT4 Toyota demo. The only two games that I really like using it for are Colin McRae Rally 3 and 989's Formula One 2001. I've decided to keep it long enough to play GT4 but I bet I'll probably sell it sometime in January.
 
mclaren777
I must be the only person in the world who regrets buying a DFP. So far it's been a complete waste for GT3 and the GT4 Toyota demo. The only two games that I really like using it for are Colin McRae Rally 3 and 989's Formula One 2001. I've decided to keep it long enough to play GT4 but I bet I'll probably sell it sometime in January.

what do you find dissapointing about it?
 
The DFP is definitely great...

I'm especially fond of it in Richard Burns Rally at the moment.
 
Jedi2016
Of course, the one question that hasn't been asked is also the one that went completely ignored when I asked it in the PS2 forum:

How big are the "clamps" used to lock it onto a tabletop? How far do they extend? Three inches? Four? Eight? I need at least a 4-5" gap in order to lock it onto my table. I'd be mighty pissed if I spent $150 on it, and then couldn't even use it.
Ths is for the DF Pro

Pedal Unit:
Length 13" x Width 10-3/4" x Max Height 6-1/2"

Clamps:
Max Table Thickness 1-1/8"
Width of Clamp 7/8"
Clamp-to-clamp (centers) 8-1/2"
Max Depth of Clamp under Table 1-1/4"
Size of each Clamp contact patch 1" x 3/4"
Overall Width of Steering Unit 14"
Max Depth onto Table 6-1/4"
Max Depth from Table 5"
Max Height above Table 8-3/4"

Steering Wheel:
Diameter (outside) 10"
Steering Angle relative to horizontal surface @75deg
Wheel Rim Thickness 1-1/2"

:cool:
 
Crap.. I need a new coffee table before I can get it, then.. I guess that answers that question, then. Thanks, Jegato! :)
 
mclaren777
I must be the only person in the world who regrets buying a DFP. So far it's been a complete waste for GT3 and the GT4 Toyota demo. The only two games that I really like using it for are Colin McRae Rally 3 and 989's Formula One 2001. I've decided to keep it long enough to play GT4 but I bet I'll probably sell it sometime in January.

Wait 'til GT4 or get GT4P or the BMW demo and you may well be converted...
 
yeh definately wait for gt4, i couldn't believe how different gt3 and gt4 prologue were...gt4 is gonna rock with the DFP!!!! :)
 
HUDSONJONES
yeh definately wait for gt4, i couldn't believe how different gt3 and gt4 prologue were...gt4 is gonna rock with the DFP!!!! :)


Thats right... 👍

But, i do think GT3 is fun with DFP, because it is much easier to drift with! Driving the Cobra with soft tyres and ASR and TCS switched off, is great fun with the DFP :dopey:
 
I tried GT3 with a cheaper wheel a couple of years back and gave up after a frustrating hour with it. I also gave the wheel and pedal away BTW.

I bought a DFP about a week after GT4P was released here and the difference was enormous. I built a car/tub/cockpit to sit in and when you are in the "zone" and fully concentrating it is awesome the level of immersion that wheel can pass back.

This is especially noticeable on the Grand Canyon course on the straight bit where you go over the three bumps, almost a sense of vertigo.

It's just brilliant, everyone should have one...
 
kinigitt
what do you find dissapointing about it?

I'm disappointed with how inconsistent I am with it. After about 10 hours of play I've got my lap times to within 1/10th of a second of my controller times, but I'm not nearly as accurate lap for lap. With the DS2 I can easily turn 5 consecutive laps within 1/10th of a second of each other but my spread is closer to a full second with the DFP. So basically, I'm pissed that I've lost a considerable degree of performance with the wheel. If GT4 would have had online play there's no freaking way I would have used the wheel. It's one thing to turn quick laps by yourself, but it's completely different to fight someone wheel-to-wheel and actually have rapid enough responses to be competitive.

And I don't even like the wheel with Richard Burns Rally. I've well over 20 second per stage faster with my Logitech Dual Action controller. Seriously, the only two games that my DFP gets used for are CMR3 and Formula One 2001.
 
maxter
I tried GT3 with a cheaper wheel a couple of years back and gave up after a frustrating hour with it. I also gave the wheel and pedal away BTW.

I bought a DFP about a week after GT4P was released here and the difference was enormous. I built a car/tub/cockpit to sit in and when you are in the "zone" and fully concentrating it is awesome the level of immersion that wheel can pass back.

This is especially noticeable on the Grand Canyon course on the straight bit where you go over the three bumps, almost a sense of vertigo.

It's just brilliant, everyone should have one...


Do you have any pictures of the cockpit?
 
mclaren777
I'm disappointed with how inconsistent I am with it. After about 10 hours of play I've got my lap times to within 1/10th of a second of my controller times, but I'm not nearly as accurate lap for lap. With the DS2 I can easily turn 5 consecutive laps within 1/10th of a second of each other but my spread is closer to a full second with the DFP. So basically, I'm pissed that I've lost a considerable degree of performance with the wheel.

but isn't it much more fun?
 
Jedi2016
Crap.. I need a new coffee table before I can get it, then.. I guess that answers that question, then. Thanks, Jegato! :)

Just stick a chunk of wood in between the clamps and the table.
 
mclaren777
So basically, I'm pissed that I've lost a considerable degree of performance with the wheel. If GT4 would have had online play there's no freaking way I would have used the wheel. It's one thing to turn quick laps by yourself, but it's completely different to fight someone wheel-to-wheel and actually have rapid enough responses to be competitive.

Actually that's not true. Precisely when you're battling someone online or in i.Link the wheel is an advantage, as it is easier to take slightly different lines with the wheel. Hugo Boss for instance who was pretty equal with the DS2 compared to jmr with the wheel during one i.Link, noticed that the DS2 was putting him at a disadvantage here. With the DS2 you often need to keep the line and if you let go of the left d-pad button, you'll lose the turn. With the wheel you can adjust the amount of steering ever so slightly. But because of this amount of precision being easily possible it is also easier to be different.

However if you compare the time you put into getting used to the wheel, and then compare it with how much time you've spend driving the DS2, then you should understand it takes a while to get that consistent. And finally, when you drive the DS2 you will always have Professional Steering Assist, where you can use Simulation Mode with the wheel (in GT3 at least). Now most people prefer the latter, because it gives you more feel for the road and car and is more realistic. However, because the driving aids are removed, you cannot so easily correct mistakes as you could in Professional mode. That's something you should be aware of.
 
Hello there, im not really a regulary poster on here but will try and post more when i can.

I got my DFP wheel yesterday and the difference was amazing when i played it with GT4 Prologue, im still trying to source a copy of the BMW demo disc but so far have been un-sucessful.

Ive also tried it with GT3 Concept and Ferrari F355 Challenge and must say it works very well with those titles too, the force feed back is very good indeed.

On GT4 Prologue ive noticed that the 900 degree`s rotation works but i thought that each car in the game had a different lock-to-lock radious and not the full 2.5 turn-to-turn?

At the moment im not really very good using the wheel compared to the gamepad but im getting better all the time.

I would recommend this wheel to anybody who is really after a good solid quality wheel.

Riz :)
 
Back