Wow The Graphics, Eugh The Physics

Not true at all. Judging from YouTube videos at least, the McLaren F1 sounds very similiar to the real deal. Not perfect, and could be a bit louder, but still quite close.
I'll give it another look, but from what I remember it was poor

Edit: yep. I was right. Sounds nothing like an f1. It's not even a v12 sound

I think the main problem with DriveClub is the online... MAN!!

I tried it again today and the kidds in the game just throw their cars at you for no freaking reason!! I was so frustated that i exited the game and played some BF4.

About the physics... yes, in the fastests cars i do have a better feeling and have some fun. But man... hope PCars is what everyone is saying that it is. And want so bad a good racing game. =X

Well, like has been said; pCars is a full sim and DC is a lot more arcade - a surprising one for me, ie: better than I thought it could be.

What I'm saying is, there should really be no comparison between the two - one is aimed in the one direction, whilst the other aims for something new.

I think the main problem with DriveClub is the online... MAN!!

I tried it again today and the kidds in the game just throw their cars at you for no freaking reason!! I was so frustated that i exited the game and played some BF4.

About the physics... yes, in the fastests cars i do have a better feeling and have some fun. But man... hope PCars is what everyone is saying that it is. And want so bad a good racing game. =X
Not played online yet but i knew this would be the case due to 3 reasons...

1: Invisible walls everywhere and most of the time just 2ft off the track
2: No Run off's at corners meaning no need for kids to slow down
3: Narrow Tracks

Yeah, meant to say that online is mostly a bad place, though you can get lucky a lot more nowadays...certainly more than back at the start.

If you think the crashing is too much in online, you could play the time trial mode instead.
I do play, everytime someone make a challenge to my club in Time Trial i'm so happy!! Until now, i'm on the top in every single challenge. :cheers:

But to race others people is a awesome thing. But to do it on this game is almost impossible.

I do play, everytime someone make a challenge to my club in Time Trial i'm so happy!! Until now, i'm on the top in every single challenge. :cheers:

But to race others people is a awesome thing. But to do it on this game is almost impossible.

I meant time trial mode in multiplayer. I guess I wasn't clear enough.

Yeah, meant to say that online is mostly a bad place, though you can get lucky a lot more nowadays...certainly more than back at the start.

as long as you survive the first corner (just slow down and pass the carnage) it's usually pretty good after if you are battling for the lead, as much as the latest patch has made the penalties for offroading too low it's still fastest to drive properly.

The only annoying thing with online is to not being able to know how many people are in the lobby before it starts, which is annoying when you wait and there's only 2-3 of you and then 1-2 drop right away, I soooo wish it was possible to see how many people are in the lobby before joining.

Anyways these days after finishing the stars I am spending all my time in challenge time trials which is a ton of fun especially if you do the evolutionstudios ones (they tend to be tough to place well)

The horrible online community is the same in every single racing game, be it a sim or not. Pcars will offer the same online experience, when not racing people who have agreed to certain rules. Every online game has more idiots than competent people.

Last edited:
The horrible online community is the same in every single racing game, be it a sim or not. pcars will offer the same online experience, when not racing people who have agreed to certain rules. Every online game has more idiots then competent people.
True indeed. I think it tends to be an underappreciated situation, with a gulf between the developers and players as to what is possible and what is wanted.

Milestone hit it right, but in a way they went for the easy route (being a small studio) and just ghosted everyone, plain and simple. It worked fine for rally (something Codemasters didn't work out) but obviously took a lot of the excitement away from online racing - I mean there was no close battling or interplay with a ghost.

This new patch apparently will be changing the ghosting boundaries. If it's in the right direction, I suppose that depends on what is meant exactly by "Implements ghosting under certain conditions in Multiplayer races to prevent track blocking." Is that blocking tactics, or simply pile-ups?

Anyway, for me online isn't so important. I love it when there is a consensus for clean racing, but as that is so rare, I tend not to bother much...only when I feel the need for some aggravation therapy.

funny after this topic last night I decided to go online and had the best race ever, the whole 5 laps me and another player went for the lead without ever touching each other, super close racing, clean passes, he was a bit faster in the beginning of the lap, I was a lot faster in the second to last corner so I could catch up, it was amazing and wished it could last 50 laps instead of 5, wish it was always like this!

Something needs to be said I have this game and the audio is very low, not sure what that is about but all my games and even my PS3 games run through my Home Theater system and I never go above 15 and that already is pushing it for daytime, Drive Club I had to go to 22 and I drive in hood cam view. In the options the sound is maxed and music is off but I dislike having such low audio for cars it's weird having to turn the volume up. I do love the engine sound reproduction though sounds very nice Audi RS6 sounds so much like the 2008 BMW M5 a V10 diesel like grumble. Although the ambient noise is nothing to sneeze at, it's incredible and the visuals especially with rain are just unreal you get sucked in as if you've even been out in those conditions you'll instantly recognize yea this is how it looks outdoors when it rains and the dirt gets turned into mud.
Sound patch is needed to adjust sound output level at least 8-10dB. Fun game though just can't handle that weird forced on you drifting it seem so artificial that I can't jive with it at all. Also the game seems to have no snap oversteer at all, intriguing as the suspension seems to realistically convey issues when you perform things like leaving the road at high speeds and having the wheel angle move inbetween when you left the road and when you came back into contact. That's cool but it the sliding that many times occurs because of that ugh my biggest gripe so far aside from the sound.
Favorite things is the sense of speed, it destroys every console driving game i ever played, even the slowest cars in the game the hot hatches feel amply fast. If GT had this sense of speed, omg I would be in heaven. I wonder how Evolution pulled that off, these guys I got to hand it to them, this is some game despite is flaws. Hope they bring another with off road and performance trucks and mud!!!!! :D

i keep trying to 'get into this game' and its just not working for me

i'm ok with GT5/6 and forza horizon2/forza 5 but i keep firing this game up every 2nd week or so and try to get in and the cars just dont seem to handle like gran turismo or forza

you can transition between gt6 and forza 5 no issue but it seems like as if evolution have never bothered to drive the car before making the actual game

you drive a Ferrari 458 in GT6 and you go, yep, feels like they actually did some work on making it realistic but it feels like Evolution dont have any idea how a 458 drives in real and tried to make a simcade out of it

Playground actually tried hard to simulate how a car drives on rough road and they come the closest yet, even over Forza 5 and GT6... Driveclub has a clumsy generic rumble

Worse is its hard to read what the car is actually doing in its drive model. It gives you very little idea what the transition is from understeer oversteer or weight transfer or anything you expect from a real car.

Let me put it like this, I just finished all the career races in Forza 5 in all aids off mode and that game has a great model and its recognised to be hard however it communicates to the drive what the car is doing. Driveclub doesnt.

Back