Wow

  • Thread starter Thread starter Boyd12
  • 11 comments
  • 1,633 views
Status
Not open for further replies.
Messages
79
Messages
Boyd45
I own a PS3 and love GT5

But I then found these pictures of a Certain Competitor of GT

FM4_2011_AlfaRomeo_Giulietta_Poster.jpg


FM4_2011_Subaru_ImprezaWrxSti_poster.jpg


This may be the wrong section but im seriously impressed
 
It's impressive graphics, but not impressive on Turn 10's part. It took two 360 Forza arcade racers to get to that. Meanwhile, their fans are thinking, "Yea, graphics! Now what GT fanboys!"

In actuality, the physics will still have an arcadey feel to it. That's what Forza fans don't get. Why would we buy GT5 when we can have the better game FM3? Because GT5 is actually a Sim. FM3 is just a body customizer and "fun" racing game. It's not fun at all, in my opinion, for so many reasons. I'll give FM4 a chance as a rental, but I know what to expect.

The whole FM4 package is just gimmick after gimmick. We'll see by next Tuesday when they show off more of FM4.

I really don't understand the lighting and shadows of those pictures. There's gotta be more than one light bulb in that warehouse. More than a shadow should be visible, if you get what I'm saying. It looks awkwardly clear. Maybe because those models aren't in-game models.

I know GT5 has it's rendering, but FM4 is/will be taking it to the next level in terms of gameplay and photomode. I don't like how they "switched" the models in FM3. I expect nothing different this time.
 
Last edited:
Turn 10 are famous for their bullshots.

I guarantee it won't look like that in game.
 
Exactly. Gameplay is going to be shady, like Shift2 tracks look foggy all the time.

I'm definitely not trying to hate on it for no reason. I have my reasons. One being the true Forza fanboys. How can they believe FM3 has better physics than even GT4? I saw a gameplay video where the Veyron looked like it might as well have been RWD. And of course, I played Fm3 before GT5 came out and wasn't liking it after a few days.
 
Last edited:
Recently I went to a friends house and played Forza 3, jeez it has horrible physics.
 
Exactly. Gameplay is going to be shady, like Shift2 tracks look foggy all the time.

I'm definitely not trying to hate on it for no reason. I have my reasons. One being the true Forza fanboys. How can they believe FM3 has better physics than even GT4? I saw a gameplay video where the Veyron looked like it might as well have been RWD. And of course, I played Fm3 before GT5 came out and wasn't liking it after a few days.

It probably was RWD, with Forza's drivetrain swaps and all. But I do agree, Forza 3's 4WD handling seems a lot easier to drive than in GT5 and also what we've seen from 4WD cars in real life. I wouldnt say it's horrible but it's not what I'd call an accurate representation of real life.

I have both GT5 and FM3 and I can appreciate both games. The only thing that turns me off about both games though is the fanboys who defend them to no end and make us normal people look bad. 👎
 
It was actually an official Turn 10 video on the making of the Veyron. It was almost unbearable to watch.
I get that FM3 isn't horrible; it's more along the lines of not being close to a Sim. It's definitely more arcadey in many aspects.
 
I think Forza3 was all right, not great, but the same with gt5. Gt5 was way better physic wise, but to me forza had cars i wanted to drive, and some modern day racecars, and a better track list. The racing in both games were dry, but back to forza4, the trailer that was leaked about a mouth or so ago, the graphic didnt look nothing like that.

Sorry for my nonsense.
 
Completely agree (about the trailer graphics and other statements), except GT5 will be exceptional soon (my faith in PD is telling me lol).

It's really sad that Forza has so many great cars, but Turn 10 obviously can't utilize them like they should. Sim-wise. That's all I really care about.

I completely dislike FM3 career and gameplay, the most - not just the physics.
 
But I then found these pictures of a Certain Competitor of GT

You mean Forza Motorsport. Don't ever be ashamed or afraid of mentioning it by name.

It's impressive graphics, but not impressive on Turn 10's part. It took two 360 Forza sim racers to get to that.

Yeah, it is impressive on Turn 10's part. Every two years they've put out a new game and every two years they've increased the graphics dramatically. That's noteworthy for just two years. In contrast, GT5 came out five years after the last console iteration of GT, and GT5 really doesn't reflect five years of improvement over the last game. 80% of GT5's cars look last-gen, as does many of the tracks, and that's just not acceptable after all this time.

In actuality, the physics will still have an arcadey feel to it. That's what Forza fans don't get. Why would we buy GT5 when we can have the better game FM3? Because GT5 is actually a Sim.

GT5 isn't actually a sim. That's what GT fanboys don't get. Sure, it seems like a sim compared to Burnout, but compared to some PC offerings GT is arcadey. If you could gauge how much more arcadey FM is relative to GT, GT is at least that much more arcadey relative to PC racing sims. So, if that makes FM an arcade racer, then so is GT. Relative to 99% of console racing games, FM is much more simulationy. It's all relative, but there aren't just two extremes with nothing in the middle. FM is somewhere in the middle, leaning closer to sim, just as GT is somewhere in the middle and not quite a full sim.

Find one of the PC racing sim purists to go into an elaborate rant on just how GT isn't a sim.

Completely agree (about the trailer graphics and other statements), except GT5 will be exceptional soon (my faith in PD is telling me lol).

Your faith is misplaced. Polyphony won't be fixing all or even half of GT5's shortcomings. They're never going to make 100% of the game's content look like it's a game from 2010. It will be a full year from the game's release by the time they figure out how to enable mid-race saves.
 
I really don't want to go through this again.

Turn 10 said FM3 was a sim. Fans said it was a better sim than GT5. Did you miss the part when I said the fans thought it was a better sim than GT5?

Turn 10 had ****** graphics for the 2nd and 3rd forza. Now that GT5 comes out, they spend their time working on the graphics, with the Forza 3 engine already in place.

Obviously, GT5 isn't comparable to iRacer in terms of physics, but it's close enough to even have a reputable competition, called GT Academy. I really don't care what you say more than anyone else on this forum because I've seen you post how much you hyped GT5 to be and then, were crushed because PD "didn't deliver" you your dream game. 👎
 
Odd, I'm certain the Forza forums are that way.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back