WRC 10 Free Demo Available on Steam From June 16

Does anybody know, after June 22nd, will I still be able to play the demo if I have it downloaded already, or will that end too?

Last edited:
Can you guys get a steady image? It's very jittery and juttery despite Nvidia performance panel reporting a steady 100 fps and 99%-fps in the 80s on a VRR screen in real full screen. Perf panel also says render latency is low 8-14ms.

Can you guys get a steady image? It's very jittery and juttery despite Nvidia performance panel reporting a steady 100 fps and 99%-fps in the 80s on a VRR screen in real full screen. Perf panel also says render latency is low 8-14ms.

Mine isn't that smooth, keep getting micro stutters. I did investigate the problem and followed sometimes suggestion of going into the Nvidia app settings and turning performance from optimal to maximum, it helped but didn't fully cure it. Also I can see the graphics drawn in fields and bushes in the distance ! It's not like this on any of the previous games on my PS4 or XB1X or SX. I get that this is a demo but I'm not particularly impressed with it. I don't like the feeling on gravel either, it feels somewhat lacking and basic compared to WRC9. And really twitchy on tarmac, this is from a controller perspective. I'm sure the final product will be amazing, it's just this demo isn't great, imo.

Edit: what does everybody else think ?

Last edited:
Mine isn't that smooth, keep getting micro stutters. I did investigate the problem and followed sometimes suggestion of going into the Nvidia app settings and turning performance from optimal to maximum, it helped but didn't fully cure it. Also I can see the graphics drawn in fields and bushes in the distance ! It's not like this on any of the previous games on my PS4 or XB1X or SX. I get that this is a demo but I'm not particularly impressed with it. I don't like the feeling on gravel either, it feels somewhat lacking and basic compared to WRC9. And really twitchy on tarmac, this is from a controller perspective. I'm sure the final product will be amazing, it's just this demo isn't great, imo.

Edit: what does everybody else think ?

I tried this on my laptop and it is graphically simply broken. I spent some time tweaking video and graphic options with no success to fix this mess (motion blur applied to just a portion of the screen, 3D viewport constantly stretching and shrinking). Performances level is also very low, around 30 fps at 1920x1080 even with reduced details on a RTX 3060 GPU.

Last edited:
I've had a couple of micro stutters in my hour of gameplay, but the experience has been smooth, otherwise. Well, except for that time I got a Fiesta stuck in the narrow section of the Spanish stage, but that had more to do with a misjudged application of the handbrake than anything else.

I've had a couple of micro stutters in my hour of gameplay, but the experience has been smooth, otherwise. Well, except for that time I got a Fiesta stuck in the narrow section of the Spanish stage, but that had more to do with a misjudged application of the handbrake than anything else.

Please elaborate, what hardware are you running and what settings are you using?

I’m on a RTX3080 and 5900X and haven’t found a smooth set of settings yet… It’s nauseating to play because I sit close to the screen.

There was initially a lot of flickering in the image, but I think disabling one of the reflection settings in Post Process fixed that btw…

Last edited by a moderator:
Please elaborate, what hardware are you running and what settings are you using?

I’m on a RTX3080 and 5900X and haven’t found a smooth set of settings yet… It’s nauseating to play because I sit close to the screen.

My very modest system is R5 2400g, GTX 1060, 8g of ram. But I'm only asking it to run at 1366 X 768 at 60 fps.

I can't log in to download. I mean I can but my Steam account is probably hacked. Two years ago, I had the same problem but didn't know and someone else took over my account.

I get this message to log in but I was logged in and I didn't clear my cache, history and stuff so I must be logged in all the time. I can't risk logging in and lose my account again. The only option is to reinstall Windows or remove Steam entirely, even in the register but I don't have the knowledge to remove Steam entirely from this computer.

Tried the demo, runs beautifully. Controls with a controller are utter trash though, even at lowest sensitivity it's way too twitchy. Skipping this one.

With some fiddling and copying my DS4 settings from WRC9 I had some fun. Runs nicely on close to max with rare microstutters though. Hopefully they can get ironed out. The Physics are very similar to WRC9 which is good as that was a great game but just with a bit more weightyness to the cars. As long as those stutters get ironed out I'll be happy. Cant wait to see the livery/team creation, The only thing that annoyed me with WRC9 was having no control over what livery or drivers car you would take over. Worst was signing with ford in the hope of getting one of the M-Sport cars only to get that ghastly Chrome Fiesta😆

Last edited:
For the stutters maybe you could try to set the fps to fixed 60 or 120. The engine of WRC 9 was programmed to run best in 60 fps even if you could choose what you want.

Last edited:
I tried that, made no difference for me. I don't think it's a fps problem, something else causing it.

Back