WRC 8 Coming September 2019: New Dynamic Weather System Promises More Realism

Discussion in 'Console & PC Gaming' started by GTPNewsWire, Jan 24, 2019.

1. GTPNewsWire

GTPNewsWire Contributing Writer

2. doblocruiser

doblocruiser

Very much looking forward to this :tup:

Gr4ndy likes this.
  3. SlipZtrEm

SlipZtrEm Administrator

@MrCrynox nearly spoiled the surprise. :p

I was really glad to hear this. WRC7 remains the highlight of my E3 2017 visit, simply because it surpassed all expectations. It's such a fun title, and was such a big jump over 6. With twice the time between that and 8, I have high hopes for this. :tup:

4. Brend

Brend Premium

...I’m pretty sure everyone knows how much I’m screaming like a loony over here.

I couldn’t be more here for this. I’m already there. They already have my goddamn wallet. :drool:

5. mcleeve

mcleeve

This Sounds promising with the extra development time and the Dynamic Weather, however, let's hope they can improve on the frame rate issues (30FPS) from WRC 7, and the FFB on the Thrustmaster T300 on the PS4 Pro. Would love to have this running at 60 FPS and more FFB feeling.

6. MrCrynox

MrCrynox

I think I did spoil the surprise, well at least for some :)

Anyway I'm really hyped for this, I really enjoyed WRC7, I'm so looking forward to this, (much more than DR2), the changeable weather is a nice addition and after witnessing the evolution of the KT graphics engine from WRC7 to V Rally 4, is gonna be a looker as well.

Excited is an understatement :)

@SlipZtrEm I understand your comment from the WRC7 thread now :)

Last edited: Jan 24, 2019
  7. PzR Slim

PzR Slim Premium

Woot! WRC7 was a real surprise and and I can’t imagine this not being better on all levels. And we’ll have Dirt 2.0 to tide us over until September.

8. Scaff

Scaff Staff Emeritus

Good, I hope they now put the mess that is V-Rally 4 well behind them.

Brend likes this.
  9. cjr3559

cjr3559 Premium

Dynamic weather. Sold!

10. ColinNZ

ColinNZ

This is great news. WRC7 was so much fun to play, especially on a wheel. I hope the epic stages will be returning.

11. Calmlity

Calmlity

Kylotonn again. They should stop making racing games.

12. GTPVenomZombie

GTPVenomZombie

Yessssss I’m so happy for this announcement! Will be pre ordering it as soon as it’s available for pre order :)

Scaff likes this.
  13. TokoTurismo

TokoTurismo

I'm tempted to get this game after hearing it will have dynamic weather. I love racing games that have it and day/night cycle, heck, even Forza jumped on the same boat.

Looking forward to both WRC 8 and Dirt 2.0. :)

pg33 and Scaff like this.
  14. Nowax

Nowax

why do i still have wrc 5

15. McRae555

McRae555

I'm happy that they included Turkey on the trailer. It looks fine. And also they did not forget to add those rocks, LOL.

Scaff likes this.
  16. Scaff

Scaff Staff Emeritus

No idea , its horrible in comparison to 6, and particular 7 (which is a great title).

That said, I still technically own it, as I bought it digitally, its just not downloaded onto my PS4.

Why? The progress they made on the WRC series between 5 and 7 was fantastic, with WRC 7 being a solid title with some the best stage design of any rally title around.

Cowboy, Nowax, paulpg87 and 7 others like this.
  17. VBR

VBR Premium

The graphics look gorgeous, & it's nice to see stages that are realistically narrow. However, the physics don't look quite right imho, the way the cars are moving.

Dynamic weather is seriously tempting though!

:D

Quattro20v, MrCrynox and Scaff like this.
  18. Serious seb

Serious seb

I hope they will give us real external replay , it's one of the waste in WRC 7, nice and fun to play but no possibility to appreciate the good modelisation !!! I can't understand why lot of devlopers put internal view on the replays , because we can switch manually this type of view when we want ??? (maybe graphics bugs on the environments ??)

GregOr1971 and perja55 like this.
  19. MrCrynox

MrCrynox

If they go with the style of replay in VR4 then expect an improvement. It's not perfect but definitely better than WRC7. You see a lot more external shots of the car.

Pfei likes this.
  20. LeGeNd-1

LeGeNd-1 Premium

@MeanElf your game of the year is here :D

I have WRC 7 sitting on my Steam account which I still haven't got around to playing :lol: Here's hoping they keep the ultra long stages as that was the main feature that led to my purchase of 7 (the first in the series that I bought).

Scaff likes this.
  21. 305Michael305

305Michael305

Thus looks better then Wrc 7 and that game was amazing

paulpg87 likes this.
  22. MagpieRacer

MagpieRacer Premium

I must have played a different WRC7 to everyone else. Horrible on a pad, horrible on a wheel, dull stages. I mean this trailer looks good but I'm taking it with a huge pinch of salt.

23. Scaff

Scaff Staff Emeritus

Keeping the epic stages is a must.

I restarted a career at the weekend, and ran the Monte, the 18km stage on that is a workout an a half. Physically and mentally.

24. PzR Slim

PzR Slim Premium

Clearly you must have. One of the nice surprises of 2018 IMO.

25. Pfei

Pfei Premium

MrCrynox and Scaff like this.
  26. PzR Slim

PzR Slim Premium

Time flies when your are having fun or should that be all years seem to roll into one when you get as old as me! Thanks for the correction.

MrCrynox, Pfei and Scaff like this.
  27. MrCrynox

MrCrynox

My experience is the complete opposite. Easy to play on a controller and the best stages seen so far in a rally game.

28. MagpieRacer

MagpieRacer Premium

So I keep hearing. :indiff:

I'm clearly in a minority. Don't get me wrong I have given it a go, put around 22 hours into it so I can't say I haven't given it a fair crack. Just couldn't get on with it on pad, maybe someone could share their pad settings and I'll try again.

Stage wise, whilst I appreciate a long stage and clearly effort has gone into making each rally feel unique and feel like the country it's representing, for me they just feel some way off SLRE and Dirt Rally in terms of character, I haven't done a stage in it that makes me thing, ooh I need to go back and do that one again like in the other games I've mentioned. Maybe dull was a harsh term but they don't quite excited me enough. Again perhaps my experience on the control for the game has hampered the enjoyment but hopefully someone can help me out there and maybe improve it's standing.

29. MrCrynox

MrCrynox

@MagpieRacer I checked my controller settings. TBH everything is stock except steering sensitivity, I reduced it from 35% to 25%. Apart from this I set the cars up to oversteer under power & braking & adjust the gear final drive to suit the stage. That's about it. Personally I've had as much enjoyment out of WRC7 as I've had out of SLRE & DR, from this perspective I like them all about the same, but I absolutely love the fact WRC7 has the up to date cars and all the rounds.

30. Wolfe

Wolfe Premium

Between the apparent pivot-steer in gameplay videos of WRC7 and V-Rally 4, the mixed reception of VR4, and some mixed comments on WRC7 like from @MagpieRacer, I don't know what I could expect from this game. Meanwhile, I am tired of the twitchy nonsensical handling of Codemasters games, and I am flat uninterested in DR2.0 since Codemasters opted to give up on the best redeeming quality of Dirt 4, the underdeveloped Your Stage feature.

I'm also kinda tired of the repeated inadequacies in Milestone's games, which turns me off from Gravel and tempers my enthusiasm for the possibility of an SLRE2.

As with VR4, I would love to support a game like this on the Switch, at the very least. The promise of "a few historic models" in the car list gives me hope that it could add a few cars more to my interest than contemporary WRC competitors that are more-or-less irrelevant to me as someone who doesn't follow the WRC, or any motorsport, really. At least since Subaru bowed out from factory-backed competition.