WRC 8: General Discussion (Release: september 2019)

Wrc9 1st gameplay video, not too convincing for me, just seems same, and flat track. No sim quality subtlety of handling and control with steering not needing constant little adjustments while racing, i don't know.
To me looks arcade too much still, only have wrc7 and find it fun of course with a controller and still waiting for a big discount on 8. I tried 7 with a wheel and it was more immersive and feel, but lag in steering.
Just hoping for bit more in control detail.

I don't think that this trailer is very flattering, whoever is driving is very slow, plodding, added to the fact that it's New Zealand which is flat & flowing in its nature which means that the car movement is even more limited, also it doesn't seem to look like New Zealand to me, I think CM has it right on DR2. One thing to note is the sound is going to change in the final game, it's something they said they are seeking to improve. Still nice to see something though.

Edit: Although I love these WRC games I'm concerned about WRC9 being released just one year later, I think it would have been better for another 2 year development period, A. to keep it fresh & B. to provide more time for developement, however I'm still happy to have another one of these titles on the old gen hardware as it means I won't be tempted to make an early hardware purchase to play it.

Last edited:
I don't think that this trailer is very flattering, whoever is driving is very slow, plodding, added to the fact that it's New Zealand which is flat & flowing in its nature which means that the car movement is even more limited, also it doesn't seem to look like New Zealand to me, I think CM has it right on DR2. One thing to note is the sound is going to change in the final game, it's something they said they are seeking to improve. Still nice to see something though.

Edit: Although I love these WRC games I'm concerned about WRC9 being released just one year later, I think it would have been better for another 2 year development period, A. to keep it fresh & B. to provide more time for developement, however I'm still happy to have another one of these titles on the old gen hardware as it means I won't be tempted to make an early hardware purchase to play it.

Hi mrcrynox, yeah they seem to rush out games a little instead of making sure all is complete and perfectly done.

They're doing also the next Test Drive open game i think.

Also hard to know what aids they use etc. But i did see vids of wrc8 like ones from a guy who shows his wheel movement and just uses abs, he runs perfectly smooth lines but you can see barely any struggle to need constant small adjustment on steering which seems to me would have been a sign of more sim controls and handling.
Oh well, just wishing, still fun of course, and will surely try wrc8 at some point unless 9 proves to be so much better by the time 8 is on a big enough discount for me.

EVtwyb7XYAAYrPa

EWC96IkXkAAzSFd

A couple of WRC8 Photos [PC] -I look forward to WRC9 :cheers:

Last edited:
EVtwyb7XYAAYrPa

EWC96IkXkAAzSFd

A couple of WRC8 Photos [PC] -I look forward to WRC9 :cheers:

Wow looks fantastic on these, is that from a replay of wrc8? Oh its pc yh, maybe why it looks so good too.
Nice dust particles on 2nd pic.
What's on the 1st pic, just smoke from shredding the tires on asphalt?
Or doing donuts on snow hehe.

Edit: @MrCrynox yeah it was one of the points they mentionned they would focus on. Should wait maybe instead of releasing any unremarkable video of a new game. Sounds ok in the video, hard to tell if its an improvement from 8 for me.

Last edited:
Hi mrcrynox, yeah they seem to rush out games a little instead of making sure all is complete and perfectly done.

Also hard to know what aids they use etc. But i did see vids of wrc8 like ones from a guy who shows his wheel movement and just uses abs, he runs perfectly smooth lines but you can see barely any struggle to need constant small adjustment on steering which seems to me would have been a sign of more sim controls and handling.
Oh well, just wishing, still fun of course, and will surely try wrc8 at some point unless 9 proves to be so much better by the time 8 is on a big enough discount for me.

Hi buddy, hmmm, I know KT's quality can sometimes be hit and miss but I don't think they rush their WRC games out, I think their quite important to them, to be fair I think 6 was good and 7 & 8 were ace. It's probably because I really like the series and the WRC so much in general that I don't want it just to be a quick rehash of 8, which considering they keep making big steps in-between titles it will probably be great.

As for that video you saw, I can't speak for a wheel but it's certainly not smooth on a controller, you feel everything and have to make a lot of adjustments/corrections.

And, 8 is on sale at the moment in the UK store for £15.99, it's worth checking the Canadian store ? This is a good price over here.

@torque99 wicked shots mate:tup:

Hi buddy, hmmm, I know KT's quality can sometimes be hit and miss but I don't think they rush their WRC games out, I think their quite important to them, to be fair I think 6 was good and 7 & 8 were ace. It's probably because I really like the series and the WRC so much in general that I don't want it just to be a quick rehash of 8, which considering they keep making big steps in-between titles it will probably be great.

As for that video you saw, I can't speak for a wheel but it's certainly not smooth on a controller, you feel everything and have to make a lot of adjustments/corrections.

And, 8 is on sale at the moment in the UK store for £15.99, it's worth checking the Canadian store ? This is a good price over here.
Yeah that be a good deal for sure but never saw it at such low price yet, and it's not on sale now. It was just before but not so low at all.

@torque99 wicked shots mate:tup:

Yeah that be a good deal for sure but never saw it at such low price yet, and it's not on sale now. It was just before but not at such low price for sure.

Yes, the dust was just from the replays driving through and pausing in photo mode [PC] Nvidia ansel. I hope they implement a decent photo mode like milestone have done with MotoGP and add shutter speed/motion blur as it makes such a difference to a photo.

It took me a while to get in to WRC7/8 but even on controller it is a great game. The tracks are what draws me in, the graphics and lighting have improved over time as well. If they make the audio better then this will be awesome.

Last edited:
From what I make of it Australia never received new discs due to low player numbers and shipping costs.
Returned/Refunded WRC 8 discs are what being offered as new so any codes are dead.
Downloaded it on pc to see if $90 was justified having it on PS4.It wasn't.

It will be wrc8 with the new countries. Not much more. Right now i have to say i need a generation leap. Can't wait to take a look to the ps5 version. On my ps4 it doesn't look good, especially after many hours with dirt 2.

Last edited:

WRC 8 is an excellent title, they certainly didn't rush it at all.

Personally, it's at least on par with DR2 on gravel and better than it 8n terms of tarmac. It also is leaps and bounds above it in terms of stage design. Add in tyre choice that actually has an impact and dynamic weather, and while it may not look as good, it certainly is a better sim in my view.

WRC 8 is an excellent title, they certainly didn't rush it at all.

Personally, it's at least on par with DR2 on gravel and better than it 8n terms of tarmac. It also is leaps and bounds above it in terms of stage design. Add in tyre choice that actually has an impact and dynamic weather, and while it may not look as good, it certainly is a better sim in my view.

Add to this a proper single player campaign that doesn't rely on a stupid internet connection.

Add to this a proper single player campaign that doesn't rely on a stupid internet connection.
I agree with that but they seemed to need patching more the campaign ai balancing and other different variables like weather report etc from what i read on you guys here.
7 had abysmal wheel support, the prior titles were not optimized enough. So i guess most devs now put out games unfinished but KT don't do much patching.
Still fun little titles.

I agree with that but they seemed to need patching more the campaign ai balancing and other different variables like weather report etc from what i read on you guys here.
7 had abysmal wheel support, the prior titles were not optimized enough. So i guess most devs now put out games unfinished but KT don't do much patching.
Still fun little titles.

I think 8 is currently in a good place. Sure it's harder than 7, but actually that's not necessarily a bad thing. Hard should mean hard, I've managed to beat the lower classes at this level but not WRC yet. It is certainly doable though, you just need to seriously learn and practice the stages beforehand and adjust the car set up a little. I find it less frustrating than DR2's hard difficulty that's for sure. As for the weather, once you get the top level metrologist most of the time it's pretty much spot on, with a little bit of random behaviour, which is probably true to life.
The wheel support in 8 was something they concentrated on so should be good now, although I wouldn't know, it's great on controller :)
Your right they don't patch the games much but in the case of 8 they didn't need to.
I'm interested to hear your thoughts about 8, when you finally get it !

Edit: My past moaning about difficultly is because I didn't understand that the damage level you select is very much an additional factor to consider when choosing difficulty, and I'm used to quickly getting to grips with harder levels and winning everything, I just had to adjust my expectations and realise that isn't possible for me with 8 :)

Last edited:
Still fun little titles.
The weather report is fine, as long as you have a good weather reporter on your team.

Most moaning about it seem to miss that rather basic fact.

It even tells you at the end of each event how accurate they are.

They should add the isle of man tracks in wrc9 as a special dlc, if the game is great I'd get that in a second. I know it's not part of the wrc season but it be alot of fun.

Bought this as it was on sale in the PS Store, started a career and was immediately thrown into some extreme challenge in the pissing rain at night, somewhere in Turkey which was then followed by a rally in the snow as my first event, suffice to say I hit the respawn button rather a lot....talk about easing you in gradually :banghead:

Bought this as it was on sale in the PS Store, started a career and was immediately thrown into some extreme challenge in the pissing rain at night, somewhere in Turkey which was then followed by a rally in the snow as my first event, suffice to say I hit the respawn button rather a lot....talk about easing you in gradually :banghead:

Stick with it mate..

Stick with it mate..

yeah, now I’ve finally settled on a G29 setting I’m comfortable with it’s a joy to drive now, although I must admit, the RPG side of it with all the management needed is just confusing, I have absolutely no idea what I’m doing or what it all means

yeah, now I’ve finally settled on a G29 setting I’m comfortable with it’s a joy to drive now, although I must admit, the RPG side of it with all the management needed is just confusing, I have absolutely no idea what I’m doing or what it all means

If there's anything I can help with just ask ?
I might know the answer..

Last edited:
If there's anything I can help with just ask ?
I might know the answer..

cheers fella, I’m just doing the career without the team management thingy and I must say that I absolutely love this game, I think it’s way better than Dirt2.0 and the way it handles with my G29 is sublime, the Finland rally is absolutely mind blowing, I’m finding myself just running them stages way more than is probably healthy :lol: only thing is though, when I try any online challenges my time never registers and my position is always 1,001...very bizarre

cheers fella, I’m just doing the career without the team management thingy and I must say that I absolutely love this game, I think it’s way better than Dirt2.0 and the way it handles with my G29 is sublime, the Finland rally is absolutely mind blowing, I’m finding myself just running them stages way more than is probably healthy :lol: only thing is though, when I try any online challenges my time never registers and my position is always 1,001...very bizarre

Fair enough about the career mode 👍
Yes it's a brilliant game, I personally prefer it to DR2, it just feels more rewarding to me & sense of advancement/achievement in the career mode is much better.
As for the online trials, I've had that problem, I think it might be that you have to take part in the car shown, (despite the fact that it allows you to choose different classes), or 1001 means you are above this number on the leaderboard.

I don't think Finland is as good as SLRE's version, but I've grown to like it, so fast :)

I agree that the SLRE versions are better, but I love the WRC series recreation of the SSS.

Yes Finland SSS is good fun, and almost correct to the real life stage. Actually most of the SSS are great, I really like Portugal's, Argentina's, & the new Australian one is pure bliss. I think the Australian round changes in general are really good which is surprising considering the effort required & the fact that it was the last year of it being in the championship. KT clearly care about each round/country & seem to target improving them game to game.

Wouldn't it be good if these 'old' rounds could somehow be retained in 9 as part of a custom championship, also including the C3 WRC & 2016 cars, that would be a great feature. I have tweeted this to them via a private message but I got no response.

Last edited:
Is anyone still playing this on PS4? I'm going for all the trophies and the one for winning on authentic is glitched for me. I've done it on a few different stages but no joy.

There's a way of doing it in online, but I need someone to do it with. If you're still playing please feel free to add me and drop me a message. PSN: Senzsation

Back