WRC 9 Coming in September 2020, Will Hit PlayStation 5 & Xbox Series X Later

I'm quite intrigued to hear this depressing music..

At 2:30 and then again at 15:00. The first is a downer, and the second is eerie. Seems out of place while working on your career objectives, but it’s really no big deal. I’ll probably turn the soundtrack audio down eventually.

Does anyone know the list of fixes that this update addresses? Apart from the contrast/brightness issue in cockpit view on some stages, I've also experienced certain audio sounds cutting out mid-stage from time to time and was hoping these are some of the fixes.

Does anyone know the list of fixes that this update addresses? Apart from the contrast/brightness issue in cockpit view on some stages, I've also experienced certain audio sounds cutting out mid-stage from time to time and was hoping these are some of the fixes.

What is new and fixed in WRC 9 1.03 patch notes?
  • Fixed the issue that would make invisible some Clubs
  • Addressed crashing issues.
  • Added fixes for a few glitches.
  • Added matchmaking improvements.
  • AI improvements.
  • Other under the hood improvements.

Yeah, i was hoping they fixed the sound issues as well. It's really annoying...

The addition of the R5 Iriz and the C3 from last year point towards a missed opportunity to have your own team like in milestones WRC4. Be cool to have your own team and choose one of these cars for career mode in WRC2/3or the top class respectively.

I went back to give DR 2.0 a go again and after WRC 9, I just cannot deal with the floaty driving anymore. It almost feels like two different sports being simulated. :lol:
I love both but yeah, I hope Codemasters do a bit more work for 3.0 - especially as far as tarmac physics are concerned.

This game deserve its own topic in the main section. This is really solid Rally Game, maybe the best in the market at least in PC platform. Consoles are 30fps for now and will jump 60 in nextgen platforms.
Yup, best rally game on the market right now but I can’t see it happening unfortunately

What is new and fixed in WRC 9 1.03 patch notes?
  • Fixed the issue that would make invisible some Clubs
  • Addressed crashing issues.
  • Added fixes for a few glitches.
  • Added matchmaking improvements.
  • AI improvements.
  • Other under the hood improvements.

Fake patch note.

This is official patch note.

Attachments

• 79CCF6FD-ADD9-4237-A336-BEC0AF2AD9BD.png
    79CCF6FD-ADD9-4237-A336-BEC0AF2AD9BD.png
    38.8 KB · Views: 30
I went back to give DR 2.0 a go again and after WRC 9, I just cannot deal with the floaty driving anymore. It almost feels like two different sports being simulated. :lol:
I love both but yeah, I hope Codemasters do a bit more work for 3.0 - especially as far as tarmac physics are concerned.

I just redownloaded DR2.0 because some friends are running a club league thing on it, and I feel the same even though I'm still on WRC8. The driving feel on DR2.0 is just so... artificial. Then you add in the super bland stages and I find that every minute that I'm driving it I wish I was on WRC8 instead.

I've always thought it odd that the Dirt series gets its own section but the WRC series doesn't. Feels like it's not being taken seriously, shame really.

The series definitely isn't being taken seriously, I see people in various places ripping on the series constantly. The Xbox promo stuff they post is always filled with "wrc seres iz trash jus pley dirt ralley" comments, organized leagues don't even consider the series and just run on DR2.0 all the time instead, and discussions always come up about how DR2.0 is the "true sim" and WRC series is just "arcade garbage" and so on.

I just redownloaded DR2.0 because some friends are running a club league thing on it, and I feel the same even though I'm still on WRC8. The driving feel on DR2.0 is just so... artificial. Then you add in the super bland stages and I find that every minute that I'm driving it I wish I was on WRC8 instead.

The series definitely isn't being taken seriously, I see people in various places ripping on the series constantly. The Xbox promo stuff they post is always filled with "wrc seres iz trash jus pley dirt ralley" comments, organized leagues don't even consider the series and just run on DR2.0 all the time instead, and discussions always come up about how DR2.0 is the "true sim" and WRC series is just "arcade garbage" and so on.

Yeah it's like a flock of sheep. I don't get it at all. I like both series but it seems a lot of people only want to choose DR & then go out of their way to put down the WRC series. Personally I prefer WRC, especially after 8.

The DR vs WRC internet troll comment war is cognitive dissonance at its maximum expression. I imagine somewhere, someone, on the internet said back in 2015 "DiRT Rally is a sim" and it was re-Tweeted, re-posted and re-commented so much that a lot of people took DR being a sim because "everyone else was saying it". Neither are sims which immediately discredits anyone who says DR is a sim and WRC is arcade. They are both sim lites and enjoyable in their own light. I personally prefer WRC 9 as do many people in my DR league but we still have many members that call WRC arcade garbage. The best thing is, those that trash WRC have never even played it. They get their opinions and feelings spoon-fed to them through intolerant and elitist YouTubers.

I might add that I am an RBR fan which blows both DR and WRC out of the water but that's not going to stop me from playing an enjoyable and convincing rally game like WRC 9.

Last edited:
The DR vs WRC internet troll comment war is cognitive dissonance at its maximum expression. I imagine somewhere, someone, on the internet said back in 2015 "DiRT Rally is a sim" and it was re-Tweeted, re-posted and re-commented so much that a lot of people took DR being a sim because "everyone else was saying it". Neither are sims which immediately discredits anyone who says DR is a sim and WRC is arcade. They are both sim lites and enjoyable in their own light. I personally prefer WRC 9 as do many people in my DR league but we still have many members that call WRC arcade garbage. The best thing is, those that trash WRC have never even played it. They get their opinions and feelings spoon-fed to them through intolerant and elitist YouTubers.

I might add that I am an RBR fan which blows both DR and WRC out of the water but that's not going to stop me from playing an enjoyable and convincing rally game like WRC 9.

I don't understand why we go to war like this. We have 2 great rally games to choose from. It wasn't that long ago we had none. But I agree with everything in your post.

THANK YOU! The elitist sim racing crowd is completely runing the racing genre. We used to have great variety, now everything has to be a sim or it's garbage.

I noticed that when driving in semi-auto (yes, yes I know, but I am terrible at driving manual with a gamepad in rally games) the cars sometimes won't downshift when you would expect them to. For example, after a hairpin it may still be in 3rd gear so I manually downshift to 2nd so I am not so bogged down accelerating. Happens with any car. Not a big deal, just odd, and definitely impacts stage times if I let it shift automatically the whole race.

Also, I encountered this funny glitch at the start line....
50333488047_d2319482f4_b.jpg

... and I realized I had a very similar glitch occur for me in DR 2.0. :lol:
50332637958_206664bb08_b.jpg

Japan is fast becoming one of my top favorite rallies from rally game history. What a fantastic event and route KT have created. The scenery, the routes, the flow and feel. Stunning.

I've been rather impressed by how nice all the stages I've tried look, but even compared to them Japan looks amazing.

It really will be a shame if KT gives up on rally games once the WRC license goes to Codies. Hopefully they do what Codemasters has done with DR and just make a game including what they can, sort of a rally version of a GT style game using the V-Rally name.

I've been rather impressed by how nice all the stages I've tried look, but even compared to them Japan looks amazing.

It really will be a shame if KT gives up on rally games once the WRC license goes to Codies. Hopefully they do what Codemasters has done with DR and just make a game including what they can, sort of a rally version of a GT style game using the V-Rally name.

Let's hope so otherwise it will a complete loss for us gamers. If I were KT I would be concentrating on getting as many classic cars as possible into the next couple of games, concentrating hard on the different handling between them to ensure that when they lose the license they can confidently continue. They have already proven to us that they can make the best stages, all they need now for a viable future is cars, lots of cars & classes other than full fat WRC.

Last edited:
I’m actually preferring the classic cars in this franchise more and more as KT seems to have kicked them into stride with WRC9.

To me the especially noteworthy cars are the Audi, the ‘99 Toyota, the Delta seems improved, and both the 037 and Alpine are much friendlier handling than Codies versions.

Once I get my fill of career mode I see myself running seasons in the classic cars. Should be pretty awesome.

Does anyone know how to claim the free 3-months of WRC+?

getting as many classic cars as possible into the next couple of games, concentrating hard on the different handling between them to ensure that when they lose the license they can confidently continue.

I would like to see them put some focus on the other R classes as well. Looking at the approved models there's quite a nice variety that would form a very solid base game when coupled with a healthy roster of classics.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Group_R

THANK YOU! The elitist sim racing crowd is completely runing the racing genre. We used to have great variety, now everything has to be a sim or it's garbage.
I would argue that neither arcade racers or sim racers are ruining the genre, it's the combative "filthy casuals" vs "sim elitist" nonsense that is doing more damage, but I suppose that's a topic for another thread...

The weekly event at Sweden is fantastic fun, the WRC cars are an absolute joy and the handling is sublime, feels weird to say they are so planted on a snow stage but, hey ho :lol: currently 171 in the world but determined to crack the top 100 which would be more than acceptable..it’s crack like addictive
Edit: I’ve moved up a mahoosive 4 places to 167 :cheers:

Last edited:
Driving Physics is a little bit too forgiving in the WRC 9. It’s too easy to fix driving mistakes on a gravel. Just lift the throttle off and the car’s side slide stops really fast. Don’t get me wrong, I like this game and it’s fun to play, but it could be even better.

Back