WRC 9 December Update to Add Toyota GR Yaris Rally Concept

Once I get my hands on WRC 9 on a PS5 I'll be allover that. Such a pity the real car's development was impacted by current circumstances as early feedback was positive.

Once I get my hands on WRC 9 on a PS5 I'll be allover that. Such a pity the real car's development was impacted by current circumstances as early feedback was positive.

It didn't get impacted by Covid though, (I assume that's what you mean ?), It was the new hybrid car regulations. No point developing a car to the old regs. Unless I'm wrong ?

It didn't get impacted by Covid though, (I assume that's what you mean ?), It was the new hybrid car regulations. No point developing a car to the old regs. Unless I'm wrong ?

Toyota didn't specifically said Covid is the reason but Toyota seems to plan it for 2021 initially: https://www.wrc.com/en/news/season-2020/wrc/toyota-excited-by-pace-of-2021-gr-yaris/

Months later they just announce they decide to shelve it and improve on the current car for 2021: https://www.autosport.com/wrc/news/149976/toyota-will-not-debut-gr-yaris-in-wrc-2021

But I think it makes more sense to keep the new car for 2022 with hybrid regulation, looking forward to try the concept car in WRC 9.

Can we get a WRC section on the forum? It's a bit mental that The Crew has a forum but not WRC haha

100% this. Always baffled me that the WRC series doesn’t have its own section. I’m curious to see what the consensus is on how WRC 9 is running on next gen as it’s currently on sale at the mo but a pain having to try and find posts without its own section on the forums.

100% this. Always baffled me that the WRC series doesn’t have its own section. I’m curious to see what the consensus is on how WRC 9 is running on next gen as it’s currently on sale at the mo but a pain having to try and find posts without its own section on the forums.

It works great on PS5.

It works great on PS5.

From what footage I’ve seen of the game running on PS5 on YouTube it does look really decent, better fps vs the PS4 version, ...curious to know how playable the game is on the DualSense with the haptic feedback etc?

It runs fantastic on Series X. Solid 60fps without hiccups, looks really great at all times and superb when track + dynamic weather + gameplay come together at times. The presentation is very solid, much better than Dirt Rally 2.0. To me, it is the one and only true Collin McRae Rally successor.

I am already deeply saddened that (Take 2) Codemasters is getting this license in 2023. Hope to see an even more solid WRC 10 and 11 before that from Kylotonn.

I’m really hoping that Kylotonn and Codies basically swap places; Codemasters do the official WRC stuff, and Kylotonn can focus on national/club level rallying.

Unpopular opinion, I think KT will stop making Rally games after WRC11. I've got no facts to back this up, I just think that having the official license has brought them a guaranteed level of profit & success with their games and once it's gone, well..

Unpopular opinion, I think KT will stop making Rally games after WRC11. I've got no facts to back this up, I just think that having the official license has brought them a guaranteed level of profit & success with their games and once it's gone, well..
Sad but likely true. Hope they go out with a bang... not looking forward to the Codemasters games. I don't like Dirt Rally 2.0 and F1 2020 in terms of presentations and they're moving fast to MTX galore.

Sad but likely true. Hope they go out with a bang... not looking forward to the Codemasters games. I don't like Dirt Rally 2.0 and F1 2020 in terms of presentations and they're moving fast to MTX galore.

I'm not either and even less so since they have been bought by Take 2. I'm sure the next two KT games are going to be ace, I've really enjoyed every one since 7, let's enjoy them whilst we can :)

Last edited:
Nacon & Take Two now control the rally game market.I'm going to go glass half full and say that the giving rally access to the resources that these 2 have can't be bad.Codie's must be well into development of WRC 2023 so that might get a influx of new talent in a bigger team.KT is in the same position with several unreleased projects.
Imagine GTA # with Codies rally stable available.

Back