Wreckfest - General Discussion

• Thread starter AKps3
  • 1,601 comments
It took me about 45 minutes of restarts before I finally got a good lap in on the Rally Stage today. I had a 7:21 best with 7:06 needed for a bronze. I managed a 6:19 which puts me solidly in the middle of the silver medal times. 6:07 is needed for a gold which I think I can get. Despite putting in about 90 minutes of work overall in trying to set times in this challenge, this is still only the second complete lap I’ve made.
Same, I only completed 2 laps and that took a few hours. I found learning which jumps to go easy over was the hardest part, and then driving at 98% for the rest saw me through. Not overdriving is key.

Roo
Same, I only completed 2 laps and that took a few hours. I found learning which jumps to go easy over was the hardest part, and then driving at 98% for the rest saw me through. Not overdriving is key.
This! My first hour (after a reccy run) wasn't very productive simply because I was attacking the more severe bumps/crests too aggressively. Case in point is about half way around the course after a downhill flat-out section, taking the crest at the bottom without braking sends the nose straight into the following crest, and 7 times out of ten it chucks the car way off-line into the grass/trees... Caution is definitely the better part of valour for this one overall.

Between that and keeping power slides to a minimum, I managed to get from a 5:35 to a mid 5:23, which was quite a shock as I was only aiming to get under 5:30! It was good enough for a top 20 time on PC a couple days ago, but soon after I saw #1 was in the 90 second mark, so that killed any motivation to try to go even quicker... :irked:

Having said that, it's tempting to go back, record a clean run and go over the tricky spots + where you can gain time, although I imagine there's probably a dozen videos (at least!) covering that already. :P

I managed to get a low 6 min and get the gold after many attempts. My problem is that I keep using the mini map to try and judge the upcoming corner severity, because it all looks so similar. To progress I need to to turn it off and learn the stage inside out like other rally games, but tbh I think I've done enough I'm happy just to get the gold :)

And having not played for a while I forgot just how great and fun this game is.
I had the mini map change while I was doing it. When I started, it was super zoomed in and nigh on useless, but at some point it started showing me much more of the track on the mini map. I wondered if it was hurting my performance for it to be more useful, as I was looking at it more, but I think it was helpful once I got the hang of looking the right distance ahead.

I don't know why the mini map changed in this way. I have a mod installed that claims to show more of the track on the mini map, but I was running with mods disabled. I can't see that there's any control you can bind to zoom in/out on the mini map.

How I went about learning it was to note the time on the clock each place where I went flying off the track, so I ended up with a list of times where I knew there was something likely to catch me out. After a while, with the clock alerting me to the pending danger, I started to get used to the visuals for each of those danger spots.

Your low 6 min might not be enough any more, gold was 5:47 when I did it, and having got it, it no longer shows me the time needed for gold so I don't know what it is now. It might be slower on your platform (I'm playing on PC).

Incidentally, are the challenges bugged when more than 10k players have done them? The player count never goes above 10k, so the top 10% needed for gold stays at needing top 1000, no matter how many players have set a time. So you might actually need e.g. top 5% if the real player count is 20k. Or is it intentional that you should always need top 1000 for gold, regardless of how many players have set a time?

I don't know the answers to your questions but I now need to go back and check that my time is still relevant for 'gold'. I'm playing on Xbox. Interested to see if the map has zoomed out like you say. 👍

This is what the mini map looks like for me now. It's very strange, it was like this straight away now, whereas before it was showing much less and changed to this for no obvious reason.

wreckfestrallytrophyminimap_.jpg

Edit: it randomly had it more zoomed in again, this is what that looks like. I have no idea how to choose which it shows me.

wreckfestrallytrophyminimapzoomedin_.jpg

Also, I see it tells you the bronze, silver and gold times when you end an attempt, so I can see gold is down to 5:46 now. I think this is because of it capping the reported players at 10k, so it's becoming a smaller percentage rather than staying at 10%.

Last edited:
Is the PS5 version the only version with audio issues?
I've heard of this but I've been lucky enough not to have any audio issues on either the PS4 or PS5 version on my PS5. I use headphones and speakers on different occasions (quiet don't annoy the wife mode and home alone rowdy mode :sly:).

I paid the £10 PS5 upgrade for Wreckfest last night. Still one of the most satisfying gaming experiences and now looking better than ever. A true successor to, and an even better experience than, Destruction Derby 2, which has always been my reference point for this genre of racing.

Last edited:
Got to be honest, I legitimately forgot Stadia was still a thing. :lol:

Hopefully there's not too much storm activity around tonight. Planning on playing a bit after not having touched this in a few weeks. Interested to see how my time in the monthly challenge has stood up. Must be getting close to a new tournament update?

You are correct, sir. Not seeing new cars or tracks in this short video. Hopefully there will be a new paint or parts bundle in the store. I guess I'll know in about an hour when I get home from work.
Hmm. According to the interwebs. No new car again this month, just a couple of livery bundles for the Dominator and Big Rig. Shame the Cup Mode is PC only. That's by far the most interesting part of this update.

Got the platinum trophy last night, after finally getting the multiplayer trophy (only the third game I've ever platinumed). Admittingly despite how much time I have poured into this game over the last couple of years. I never bothered with multiplayer at all until a couple of months ago.

Only complaint I really have about it. Is that I wish there were decent sized B or C class racing lobbies more often. Everyone seems to go for A class. Just don't find those are fun or interesting as B or C, especially when half of the lobby is using the same car.

Last edited:
Only complaint I really have about it. Is that I wish there were decent sized B or C class racing lobbies more often. Everyone seems to go for A class. Just don't find those are fun or interesting as B or C, especially when half of the lobby is using the same car.
Agreed. The only time I race A lobbies are when there are no B or C lobbies available.

I've got over 100k fame now, and am wondering which car to get next from the tournament store. I already have the Super Venom and Hammerhead RS. Are any of the other cars particularly good?

I've got over 100k fame now, and am wondering which car to get next from the tournament store. I already have the Super Venom and Hammerhead RS. Are any of the other cars particularly good?
Rocket RX. Starbeast SS. Superbird GT.

Think you've already got the two best cars. After that they are all pretty similar to each other.

I just sold my PS4 disc version to get the Deluxe from PSN for 10 bucks on top which is on sale at the moment at PSN for 25 €. Now I have it on PS4/5, Xbox and Steam. Should be safe if one platform isn't working. At the moment on my third playthrough 😆

Upgraded to the ps5 version yesterday.

Wow, they did a good job making it actually worth it. Also first actual ps5 game I've played. The ds5 controller is a crazy cool piece of tech. Gonna level the playing field in a lot of racing games i think, in the pad vs wheel discussion

Is there a way to reset the career without just deleting my save..... don't want to loose all my cars and tournament cash, but i kinda want to play through the single player again

Last edited:
Is there a way to reset the career without just deleting my save..... don't want to loose all my cars and tournament cash, but i kinda want to play through the single player again
You could add a new profile to your PS5 and start fresh on that. I'm currently playing through the single player again this way... and I do it like this with many games. I keep all my main career saves on one profile, my mess around and restarts on another one, and my third is for using when friends come round (I don't want them tainting my rep :sly:).

Latest Posts

Back