WRS VLN ENDURANCE and Parity Racing

• Thread starter GTP_Nail
  • 423 comments
United States
Tennessee
nail-27
The VLN and RING RATS Endurance Parity Series.

SUNDAY AFTERNOONS AT 1300 CENTRAL.

First, a word about how we achieve parity. In another league we spent about four months trying to concieve the ultimate parity formula that would allow all to race in close proximity....no matter what we tried it was either too complicated, easy to circumvent, or just ineffective. One of the very respected moderators in that league said,"try boost". We did. It worked.

Forget what you thought you knew about boost. The current algorythims work this way: the further you are physically behind the leader the more assistance you get....as you get closer to the leader it decreases untill you reach your true speed ( the speed that you actually can achieve). If you fall off....your race is not over....the boost will return you to the pack...but,it will not help you pass....it will not make you faster...it just gets you back into the fight.

Races will go from a couple of laps to 45 minutes depending and what we feel
like.
We start from a random grid with starting lights. We do not keep score. We do not publish finishing order. There is no winner. It is all about the racing, passing, moves, and the sheer exuberance of co-speed racing. Please bring your mikes...we chat , laugh, and, occasionally caution each other about moves that were over exuberant.

We do,however, strictly adhere to the WRS OLR. If you have some body "off" or you run wide(out of bounds)you MUST conciede. But here is the twist. Since we know you can catch up, the concession is standard....you go to the back of the field...all the way....no exceptions. And ...if you are directed to got to the back by an in-race steward or host...you do it. Period.

No one cares who wins so it ceases being important. What is important is that we have fun and learn from each other and treat each other with respect.

Occasional touches are ok, but if your touch is really a big bump or it causes the car you were following to go off line or lose time...fess up and concede.

You need not attend the entire afternoon unless we are doing a single long event.

The Cars:
GT300 SUBARU BRZ
No tuning.

1969 Camaro Race car with tuning allowed except for power. Tyres will be SS.

JAGUAR XJ13
No tuning.

BMW M3 '07
No Tuning. SS

We run time set at 60 so you will be running both day and night so please pick a high visibility color.

if you want to set up a room do the following.

Practice/Race
Boost Strong or weak... we race both.
Draft:Strong if you select Weak Boost
Normal if you select Strong boost
Fuel Tyres: Very Fast for 4 lap races
Fast for long races.

anyone having good pix of either car please post here

Last edited:
Guys, if you are planning on joining us tomorrow night please let us know here just to let us know how many to expect in order to have a second room ready if necessary. We will make sure everybody gets to race.

Remember you DO NOT have to race all night. There are four 20 minute races every night with breaks between for pit stops and you may join or leave at any time

Looks good Ned. It's a bit late in the night for me though. Maybe you should alert some regulars by tagging them in a post.

Deleted

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    46.8 KB · Views: 34
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 32
Last edited:
@Nail-27 this is great news, one of the few races that fits my schedule. Once my sons basketball season is over I will have Tuesday nights open and look forward to joining you.

Last edited:
We will try to have a us daytime race for EU a bit later....how about some time suggestions

I'm afraid other EU players wont like my suggestions :), because my country time GMT+2 and WRS events are a bit late for me (EU - 22.00, WW - 23.00). But I would like 19.00-20.00 GMT on Monday, Tuesday or Thursday, or 19.00-22.00 GMT on Friday.

I will try and do the races Ned, are you doing any tonite? Not sure I can stay for all 4, but will try and give it a go.

I had wondered how the WRS crew would "handle the freedom" of boost racing. Well...it was an interesting evening with guys comming and going all night. Fun was had by all including the incursion of a Range Rover into our second race which led to a pack of Miatas effectivly herding said Rover into the wall on numerous occasions..amid racuous laughter. ( we had an open room due to new WRS and DART driver Lars from Denmark not yet being a WRS club member).

Personally I had a hoot actually racing with or in close proximity with the likes of Renn, Lucas, Patrick, Max, Eric, Tex, Lars, and Macca (others too but my antique memory has just dumped...:lol:)...which is the whole point of the exercise.

How did they handle it....welll it went from stretching the rules of contact ( while laughing) to getting way to serious about the win...but you really can't expect racing drivers not to want to win ,now can you:boggled:. I'd call it a hoot.

I'll be back...oh wait...I have to come back.

Someone post some pix...hopefully including our Range Rover Herding experiments.

Last edited:
Thanks Ned for putting this on, I had a great time. I will never forget the race with a pack of Miatas hunting down the stray Range Rover. I was laughing so hard, it was hard to concentrate, in hindsight very glad we did not kick him from the event. Even without the comedy of that race, the others were good too. Anyone who is a bit intimidated about racing on line, this is a fun event, where due to the boost, you will stay in the hunt. Very good practice for learning how to race close to other drivers. You may make a mistake and hit someone which is not ideal, but it will help your race craft in the long run.

Some of the pictures from the race with the Range Rover against the Miatas. We had visible damage on, thus all the cars looked pretty ragged by the end. Once the Range Rover took some of us out, the Miatas started retaliating, resulting in some pretty epic take downs of the Range Rover.

Edit This is not the norm for how we race in the WRS, if anyone gets that idea. This was due to having to leave the lobby public to accomodate some drivers who were new to WRS. Well someone not affiliated with WRS joined the room, and we decided to just go on with the race. It resulted in what you see below.
Grand Valley East_1.jpg
Grand Valley East_2.jpg
Grand Valley East_3.jpg
Grand Valley East_4.jpg
Grand Valley East_5.jpg
Grand Valley East_6.jpg
Grand Valley East_7.jpg
Grand Valley East_8.jpg
Grand Valley East_9.jpg

Last edited:
@Nail-27 Ned, I take it from the pics that paint and custom wheels are ok?

Edit: I have stock a Subaru and Toyota (with oil change) both have more than 192 hp (413pp, 208hp and 1230kg). I did not see anything about using the PL, any idea what my problem is?

Last edited:
I have stock a Subaru and Toyota (with oil change) both have more than 192 hp (413pp, 208hp and 1230kg). I did not see anything about using the PL, any idea what my problem is?
The OP had pre-oil specs for those cars. Corrected now. 👍

Like it matters. :lol: I might let my BRZ go down with mileage just to mess with the boost algorithm. :P

racing tonight @ 9-9:30 central...bring your Miata....BRZ...AND a Miata Touring CAR.....

here are the SNAIL guys on Monday....

Daytona International Speedway_2.jpg

Back