WRS Week 11 Results!

• Thread starter CFM
  • 102 comments
Kent
Congrats to all who completed the race.
Maybe I will see you all around.

Later.

i'm confussed here....... nothing new i hear you sigh! but i cant seem to get any of the replays to work. tried vexd & kent but nothing. windows doesnt know what programme created it apparently????
i know i need to look at the pal replays but thats what toffe, vexd and kent are using isnt it?
can someone point me in the right direction?? tvm

EXelero
i'm confussed here....... nothing new i hear you sigh! but i cant seem to get any of the replays to work. tried vexd & kent but nothing. windows doesnt know what programme created it apparently????

can someone point me in the right direction?? tvm

To view a replay you have to have a replay device...

Download the replay to your PC with "save target as"

Then open your replay device program that connects the pc to your ps2 mem card.
(max drive, xport, sharkport, etc.)

Then download the replay to your memory card.
Then watch the replay in the game just as you do with any other replays on your memory card.
===========

If you don't have a replay device and still want to watch the replays ... :indiff:

You will have to wait for someone with real tech skills (like daan) to change a replay over to Mpeg format, then view that file with your media player.

Good luck.

Some great times, well done everyone..

Was unable to make the deadline due to being in hospital the last few days... Be out of action for a few weeks but look forward to racing again soon with you guys.

:grumpy: False hopes abounded this week for me, oh well, maybe next time.

Congrats to all the podium finishers, some nice times and some close divisions this week :cheers:

Wow, OUCH! Did I count right? 23rd? Man o man, not a fan of Monaco. Great times everyone! Incredible! Next week should be fun, now who wants a teammate?!?!

jump_ace

WSSSUP
Some great times, well done everyone..

Was unable to make the deadline due to being in hospital the last few days... Be out of action for a few weeks but look forward to racing again soon with you guys.

Dude?

To quote your name...... Wsssup?

Why in da Lopital?

I hope you'll be back out terrorising in the pulsar soon.

👎 <that would be a thumbs up, but they moved the smilie out of the available box. wait....... 👍

congratz to all the division winners, as well as the promotions~ 👍 👍 👍

this win was only possible because of holl01's perfect settings
me and him were within .010 4-5 times this week
pushing each other right to the limits~

very fun racing, 👍 dan~

Attachments

• 26.598.max
    25 KB · Views: 13
WOOHOO!!! A podium on the Cote' to go with the one from the nurb.
:cheers: :cheers: :bowdown: :bowdown: :D

Need more of these for sure - hopefully get a silver or a gold trophy in the future to put next to the two bronze ones i have now.

Congrats to the other podium finishers and good luck in the "team" races :cheers:

I got what I expected haha last in D1. At least it wasn't by a huge margin, though. I just didn't have as much time to dedicate to this week....

I feel kinda stupid uploading a replay when I didn't win a division or get a podium, but here it is.

Congrats to all the podium getters and particularly to puck and MR8 - joining the big leagues now :) I knew MR8 would be D1 *very* soon!

Now, how did those top 2 guys knock 2 seconds off my time? haha

Attachments

• monaco.max
    21.4 KB · Views: 7
CFM
Yes, I fixed it. That's why I'd appreciate it if everyone included their divisions with their times. I'd prefer not to have to search through a list of 260 drivers every time someone forgets.:crazy:

dont worry dude, i'll slap him round the head for ya when I meet him down the beach this evening. mwahahaha

I'm really confused about my time of 1:38. I pushed hard but couldnt do any better. I guess there was some line I was doing wrong. That hairpin gave me alot trouble.

Androoos
This was a great week, congrats to all.

Puck, look at what you've done...you've gone and got yourself promoted. Jeez. Nice work.

Replay will be posted as soon as I get home from work and transfer it to MaxDrive.

Thanks everyone, this really was a great weak, love this track. Good job beating me out 'Drooos, knew you had the speed, all I have to say is ITS ABOUT TIME! Now keep it up and soon you'll be in D1 too.

Looking forward to going back at it with Z and MR8, good job on your promotion too man. Although I'm a little disappointed, there goes any chance for a podium.....guess I'll just have to get better!

Congrats to the rest of the podium finishers and everyone else who got promoted, heres to another good week of racing!

Great job this week everyone...sorry for all the times I bumped into you all(or got in your way,is more like it), its very tight on this one! Congrats to the podiums,and the Promotions,and to everyone...great job!!

Congrats to the majority of the drivers in showing me just what sort of times should have been put in ... great runs to all of you!!! I'm really not sure what I was doing wrong here, but I raced my heart out and just couldn't break the 1'30 barrier ... it became terribly frustrating in the end.

Yay for me bringing up the rear of D2. *sighs*

TIm, you want to form the "mediocre society"?

I'm more than happy to chime in on this one.

What's so frustrating about tuning these cars is that it really doesn't track true with RL tuning. I've tuned and raced cars for a decade, even designed and fabricated my own suspensions...

At the very least it's clear that PD has the front and rear spring rates reversed. More front rate = more oversteer = backwards to real tuning.

It SEEMS like the swaybars are right, stiffer rear = oversteer.

On my personal setup for this week, for my last session I dropped both front and rear ride height to 55 mm. and went from 4/6 on the bars to 4/MAX (can't remember if that's 7 or 8) with an associated increase in oversteer and an overall best time.

I did run 5/5/5 LSD BTW. Stiff suspension, like 19.1/16.0 or something.

One thing that I did differently from you guys is that I ran a bump damping front and rear of 1 and rebound at 4/6 or so. I'm at work so I don't remember exactly. What I gained from this experience is that it doesn't seem like the dampers affect transient handling like I'd expect in RL. I don't get porpoising or loss of traction (though I am using 1 TCS, 0/0 ASM) but what I DID gain was the ability to ride/hop curbs without overly upsetting the car even with the stiff springs. I though this was an interesting point. I never did try super low rebound damping but I'd be interested to see the results. Also, has anyone done damper effect testing just moving only bump or only rebound to the extreme on one end at a time to characterize the results?

I KNOW what damper adjustments do to handling in RL, it's just I haven't really played with them in the game to see what PD says they do.

I noticed that Kent seemed to go stiff dampers/soft springs a-la Lotus philosophy back in the day of CABC.

I also noticed that Kent ran moderate front camber and more rear. You would EXPECT understeer with this setup since 1.5 negative on the rear is not so extreme as to reduce turning grip. Also, with such moderate camber and soft springs, it would seem that you'd still roll over the tire, however the excellent Honda suspension geometry may have some effect... ;^)

I WISH that PD would come out with the comprehensive tuning guide since real life racecar intuitive tuning doesn't always seem to track true.

Bring on the discussion!

-Scott
Kent
Just to emphasize that I was not kidding about my comments regarding settings...

True, my lap was not the fastest but compared to last week... :mischievous:

My own settings...

8.0/8.0 springs
85/85 ride height
9/9/9/9 bound/rebound
1.3/1.5 camber
0/0 toe
6/6 stabilizers
3/3 brake balance
10/20/5 LSD
0 ASM
1 TCS
Max Downforce

Tranny was custom so I'm not bothering with an explaination for that one.

However, take note of the settings, then take a look at the replay... Specifically, check out the "Middle U turn" after T1 and the final section.

The speed in both of those sections is way faster than the rest of the lap.

Any way,
Later.

BTW, based on the majority of the laps I ran with this set up...
I am definately one of the fastest drifters on the GTP. :sly:

Nooooo! I want another win/podium!! :(

:lol:

Once again, congrats to "those guys". Good job everyone, you've made it through another week. 👍

@MR8 - Good luck in D1, make a good name for us GT4-playing Evo owners! Hopefully I can joint you in a few weeks. Make sure to challenge Puck927 and make him push hard.

And on another topic, I agree, the settings seem quite counter-intuitive if you know how to set up a real race car. I struggle with this daily. I'm not really surprised that PD messed this aspect up...I mean, the first corner I took with a rally car when I bought the game (turned the car 180 degrees and backed it into a wall) I sat in my chair saying "What on earth just happened? This isn't right..." :ouch:

SHigSpeed
At the very least it's clear that PD has the front and rear spring rates reversed. More front rate = more oversteer = backwards to real tuning.

I'm going to respectfully disagree here. I don't remember my exact settings but I was having very nice oversteer with 9.1kgt/mm front and 10.7kgt/mm rear springs, shocks at 3/5 bound and 6/7 rebound, stabs at 3F 4R and the LSD at 5/8/5 if I'm not mistaken. I'll post exact settings and my replay once I get home.

Gratz to all the podiums and promotions.

I was getting sub 1:36's getting close to the final bell, and know I could of done sub 1:35's if had the time, best dirty was 1:35.125 in just 3 hours of running basically. But will give the next run all I can once again.

Kolyana
Congrats to the majority of the drivers in showing me just what sort of times should have been put in ... great runs to all of you!!! I'm really not sure what I was doing wrong here, but I raced my heart out and just couldn't break the 1'30 barrier ... it became terribly frustrating in the end.

Yay for me bringing up the rear of D2. *sighs*

TIm, you want to form the "mediocre society"?

oh yes hun i would love to! although i dont wanna let the side down! heehee :)

contact me on msn, we'll make some devishly witty slogan!

OK, attached is my replay of 1:27.994 - I think.

The MaxDrive naming scheme for files is very messed up. I think I picked the right one. If for some reason I didn't, please let me know by PM that I screwed up and I will get the right file on here.

In the meantime I will go back downstairs and try to make 100% sure that I have attached the correct file.

BTW the replay is NTSC, just in case.

Attachments

• Androoos W11 27.994.max
    21.4 KB · Views: 6
Androoos
@MR8 - Good luck in D1, make a good name for us GT4-playing Evo owners! Hopefully I can joint you in a few weeks. Make sure to challenge Puck927 and make him push hard.

I sure will, fellow GT4-playing, Evo-driving WRS racer! :cheers:

Here's my replay, might as well get used to posting them now.

Attachments

• WRS11_128063.max
    25.1 KB · Views: 5
Did anyone else happen to notice, that the car has different numbers on it?

The sides,back have #30 and the number on the hood is #33?

hhmmm...?

azr|el.RB26
I'm going to respectfully disagree here. I don't remember my exact settings but I was having very nice oversteer with 9.1kgt/mm front and 10.7kgt/mm rear springs, shocks at 3/5 bound and 6/7 rebound, stabs at 3F 4R and the LSD at 5/8/5 if I'm not mistaken. I'll post exact settings and my replay once I get home.

Check out https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=57763&highlight=suspension+tuning+spring+rates for info.

Click on the "Is suspension tuning backwards" or something to that effect thread.

I think it definitely bears out in my testing.

-SHig

SHigSpeed
Check out https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=57763&highlight=suspension+tuning+spring+rates for info.

Click on the "Is suspension tuning backwards" or something to that effect thread.

I think it definitely bears out in my testing.

-SHig

Yes I've read that thread and many others concerning GT4 suspension tuning and I still stand by my personal experience. Perhaps it's something to do with the way PD programmed the suspension settings to interact together, but my video will clearly show oversteer to the point that the last hairpin was an outright drift.

I didn't want to get into a discussion that has been covered elsewhere, but only wanted to give a perspective that did not match up with the experiences others have had. I encounter more oversteer with softer springs in front than in the rear.

Congrats to all the podiums! some of you put down amazing times. MR8 and Puck 927 congats on the promotions.

On the tuning issue I never got the time to tune this week as I wasn't able to race after wednesday. Which shows in my 26th place in D2.
Oh well hopefully I will have more time in the next two weeks.

bogitiman
Congrats to all the podiums! some of you put down amazing times. MR8 and Puck 927 congats on the promotions.

On the tuning issue I never got the time to tune this week as I wasn't able to race after wednesday. Which shows in my 26th place in D2.
Oh well hopefully I will have more time in the next two weeks.

I know what you mean, I only had three days to run this race. I kept shaving off time and only stopped because I had to work in the morning and had to submit before then.

Back