WRS Week 27 Results!

• Thread starter CFM
  • 60 comments

CFM

Week 27 results: Formula GT at Tokyo R246 2 Lapper

week27results0pa.jpg

Tops overall this week is veilsidebr, reaching his goal of cracking the 2'20's.👍 hOt6o4bOi takes a strong second, and MinorShunt gets third with a second to spare. T13R takes a first in Div.2 with over 2 seconds to spare over GT3Mich, and KLR412 get a podium again this week. mark2080 returns to div.3 this week and holds off the rest of the pack for a first place finish, with bigrew and somebody rounding out the final podium spots this week.

Look for a promotion or two next week, depending on the outcome of Week 28. Some drivers are ready to move on up.👍 Get your best runs in this week everyone.:sly:

* = Replay Verification Needed
* = Replay has been posted and/or verified

Division 1

2'20.847 veilsidebr*
2'21.470 hOt6o4bOi*
2'22.933 MinorShunt*
2'24.063 fasj6418*
2'24.392 SHigSpeed
2'30.237 Toffe

Division 2

2'24.669 T13R*
2'27.094 GT3mich*
2'28.040 KLR142
2'28.201 jump_ace*
2'29.528 Randymcchickenf
2'30.325 Kolyana
2'31.057 Drew22
2'31.096 MisterWeary
2'33.517 Casio
2'35.424 DRIVEN -USA-
2'35.524 ballstothewall

Division 3

2'29.084 mark2080*
2'30.190 bigrew
2'37.778 somebody
2'37.912 Apclps
2'39.181 TruBoo
2'40.031 OnlyMe
2'40.830 STINGER05
2'56.713 smiley_leo

Please post all requested replays in this thread.
Posting of everybody's replays is also encouraged, so if you can please do so! Share this week's effort with your fellow racers.👍 All replays are being archived by me so if you want your run saved as well, post it here.:) Congrats to all division podium placers and to everyone who participated for another fun week of racing.

If I made any mistakes, such as placing someone in the wrong division, or mis-entering your time, please post the problem and I will correct it ASAP.👍

GT3mich
Wow! Fast times there! :eek: How did I end up in Div 1? :confused: I'm in Div 2 last I checked.

LOL I just noticed that a second ago. Will be fixed shortly.👍

Edit: There you go, second probably looks better to you anyway.:)

GT3mich
Wow! Fast times there! :eek: How did I end up in Div 1? :confused: I'm in Div 2 last I checked.

If your sig. isn't read carefully enough it seems to be an easy mistake to make

Boy oh boy...I am stunned that I was beaten by over 10 seconds :crazy: I felt on the limit in my race, could somebody please convert veils NTSC lap when it's posted into video format, I have to see how it was done. That is truly amazing. Here's my replay by the way.

Later

Attachments

• 31.096.max
    18.9 KB · Views: 7
Heh, I just noticed that all the * times are NTSC this week. I guess the PAL drivers couldn't cut the mustard this week.:P

Damn, I chipped a tooth last night and forgot to send my time in. Oh well, there's always next week!!!

Yeah, usually I download VTRacing, Holl01 and Small_Fryz replays. No such luck this week

Sorry CFM, I wanted to get a time in this week but somehow I managed to screw that up. :mad: :guilty: :(

I even have a time to turn in, nothing special but a time none the less.
Just never got around to checking it and sending it in.

Something tells me that the only way to get my time in during one of the weeks to come would be to submit the same day I do my run.
The time will probably be early and slow but atleast I will submit something. :dopey:

Good job to all the racers, good job to the man doing the mod work. 👍 :cheers:

Later. :D

Very good results guys.. you see sam.. i did 2'19 in my sleep mate! 👍
Nah good work guys! Promotions up for grabs!!! some good competition coming up im gonna gather!!!!

Samuel u always amaze me as well as half the div1 guys!! keep it up boys and gals ;) ... i wont be too far behind... watch out :D

:cheers: to winners and podiums!

~~~~ Jase

Congrats to all competitors this week. 👍 Definitely not for the faint of heart! But for me a lot of fun this week. I really like the family cup format. IMO it is ideally suited to a WRS comp. 💡 Course this one was way over the top!
@CFM :cheers: for that! 👍

Blazin' times as always from the boyz.......figured Veil pulled the 2'20 out at the last minute, :eek: but I'm happy with my time.

Here's my replay.

Thanks for the fun!
cy'all later
MS

Attachments

• wk27ms2 22 933.max
    21.2 KB · Views: 5
WTF? How the hell did I stay in 4th place? That first run I did took me an hour to do, I thought for sure it wasnt even gonna stay in the top 10....strange....well here's my replay, look for lap 2; the double rights just after T2, I come CLOSE to, but dont touch the wall there...whew! Is it just me or is this the smallest turnout for the WRS? Week 28 should change that.... 👍

jump_ace

Attachments

• GT4JumpaceWRSWeek27.max
    20.4 KB · Views: 6
MisterWeary
Yeah, usually I download VTRacing, Holl01 and Small_Fryz replays. No such luck this week

Sorry bout that mate.

If i ran this week, you wouldnt want to see my replay trust me :crazy: 👎

Next WRS looks fun though 👍

Congrats to Veilsidebr 👍, well done to hotboi and minorshunt also!! :cheers:

Congrast to all the other division winners and podium placers!! :cheers:

Everyone who ran this combo :bowdown:, you did more than i could :indiff:

Do not like GT4's F1 at all!!!, GT3's is much more nicer :sly:

Will try harder for WRS 28 👍

Wow awesome times! 2'20...?!?! 👍

I really enjoyed that, even if I was a bit off the pace!

Well done everyone! :)

You guys in Div 1 really are freaks of nature , (I mean that in a nice way) 10 seconds faster than I limped around Tokyo! Can't wait to get home and look at your replays. Hey Koly, your sector three wasn't as bad as you thought. Congrats everyone, a fun week!! Thanks CFM.

Awesome times from veil and h0t 👍 Wish I would have had more time to try to get close to you guys. Did approx 300-350 Km's in practice mode, and a total of 3 hours of racing separated in 3 different sessions, last two on Thursday. Congrats to everyone on the podiums, and everyone else who managed to submit a clean time for this crazy two lapper race! Here is my replay, it's a zip file containing my race in .xps and .max, and a free practice lap of 1'06.974 ( I'm sure Veil probably has one in the mid 1'05s, and I'm hoping he posts it :) ) also in .xps and .max ( You people will have to tryout the .max files as they were converted using PS2 Save Builder )

Attachments

• T13R -- WRS27.zip
    69.8 KB · Views: 6
I had a lot of fun racing this week. Even pulled off a win in Div. 3. :)
I probably spent a lot more time on this race than I will be able to spend on races in the future.

On another note, I am trying to figure out how to get my sharkport thing to work again.
Can someone let me know if this file works?

Thanks,

Mark

Attachments

• GRANTURISave1018606700.sps
    26.8 KB · Views: 6
WOW!! :drool: HUGE margins in all divisions. I'll try to fix my PS2 again this week but I think the internal build up of cat hair has stuffed it completely - I'm going to have words with my flatmate about where he lets his cat sleep.

Meanwhile, back on the ranch...

Entries - 25

Div 1 av - 2'23.990
Div 2 av - 2'30.407
Div 3 av - 2'38.965

Total av - 2'31.121

Well done to all competitors 👍

Holy freaking cow! 2'20's?! That's SMOKING! I had NO idea you were aiming for something THAT fast. WOW. I wouldn't have thought it possible. I knew I had a 2'27 in me, but couldn't find it, just wasn't anywhere near my groove last night which was QUITE dissappointing after I found so much time to be had when I did this race on Saturday... Oh well.

D1, a race well raced! Thanks CFM for the race that I originally thought I'd suck at, but kept at it because it turned out to be AWESOME!

Oh and congrats u podium'ers! Especially in D1....OMG!

jump_ace

4th, improved one position from last week, i should be happy...

should

this was one of the most dissapointing performances of my GT carrear...

why?

because last night i checked and my F1 had almost 3000km...
well, i was new to the car when this week started, so it was a long process of tuning, experiment and stuff.

but what frustrated me was that i couldn´t do what i wanted to. i mean, i already have a pretty much boring life, and GT was always my escape, something i WAS good at.

last night i spent 3 hours on this, and believe me, i had more than 20 runs in 2´22´s and 2´23´s, but not a single one of then was clean... something was very wrong... i had splits of 37´4, 37´5, but i could never put that togheter for a run...
no offense to all others, i know 2´24 is still a good time considering how hard this combo was, but it was not what i expected. i put a lot of pressure, i juts said i had to do well with a fast car, but it didn´t work, i got very nervous last night... my last breath was to to 3 consecutive runs with a 1´14´xxx first lap and 37´xxx split in the second only to hit those 🤬 walls... :banghead:

i know i´m been hard on myself, but i just got frustrated last night... 3´2 seconds of the leader in a combo that i liked its not what i had in mind. i thing i know now, if you´re angry, or nervous, don´t even bother to play, because it will not make a difference...

well, sorry for the long ranting, i just hated my effort :banghead:
at least i will continue to practice, because practice only makes you better, but i just have to find a way to be "less competitive" if that´s possible...

big props to all, it was a very hard week, only 25 times... congrats to all podiums... T13R, you are already a div1 👍

veil, curtis and steve, awesome times, some ice cold blood you guys have to finish those races...

and shig, we ended up a bit far away from the podium, but at least we had some fun...

or bitter like it was last night for me...

but there´s always next week 💡

fasj6418

should

this was one of the most dissapointing performances of my GT carrear...

why?

because last night i checked and my F1 had almost 3000km...
well, i was new to the car when this week started, so it was a long process of tuning, experiment and stuff.

but what frustrated me was that i couldn´t do what i wanted to. i mean, i already have a pretty much boring life, and GT was always my escape, something i WAS good at.

last night i spent 3 hours on this, and believe me, i had more than 20 runs in 2´22´s and 2´23´s, but not a single one of then was clean... something was very wrong... i had splits of 37´4, 37´5, but i could never put that togheter for a run...
no offense to all others, i know 2´24 is still a good time considering how hard this combo was, but it was not what i expected. i put a lot of pressure, i juts said i had to do well with a fast car, but it didn´t work, i got very nervous last night... my last breath was to to 3 consecutive runs with a 1´14´xxx first lap and 37´xxx split in the second only to hit those 🤬 walls... :banghead:

i know i´m been hard on myself, but i just got frustrated last night... 3´2 seconds of the leader in a combo that i liked its not what i had in mind. i thing i know now, if you´re angry, or nervous, don´t even bother to play, because it will not make a difference...

well, sorry for the long ranting, i just hated my effort :banghead:
at least i will continue to practice, because practice only makes you better, but i just have to find a way to be "less competitive" if that´s possible...

big props to all, it was a very hard week, only 25 times... congrats to all podiums... T13R, you are already a div1 👍

veil, curtis and steve, awesome times, some ice cold blood you guys have to finish those races...

and shig, we ended up a bit far away from the podium, but at least we had some fun...

I totally understand how you feel. I had a pretty good pace to go low 2'23 and maybe 2'22, but I'm glad I stopped after Thursday because if not I would probably need a new PS2 and TV as I would probably have thrown my PS2 at the TV in frustration because of all those tiny wall hits, and I really really hate to restart.

I'm not a Div 1 yet because I asked CFM to wait one more race to make sure I do belong there. I'm still iffy with GT4 compared to GT3, and this combo was "made" for me in a sense... I have lots of experience on this track with the F1 from my past GT3 gaming. Something I consider an unfair advantage and takes away from my result. Hopefully with next week's race it will be decided, and maybe I'll be joining you in Div 1 with the 'freaks of nature' of which I was almost one myself, but alas no more. It's going to be interesting with no T-Times :nervous:

fasj6418

Yeah, had a LOT of fun, like 13 hours of fun! Too bad this week seemed to have scared everyone away. Such a small turnout. I guess it's better to be 5th instead of 10th though... Where were VTRacing and Z's times? Oh well...

Funny thing: though "they" say the F1 can't get damaged, I STILL think that it does, if only temporarily. Sure it doesn't show up in the power output but it seemed like every time I exited to the main menu and came back the car instantly got back into the 10.3xx T1s. Drive for a bit and it's 10.6 - 10.8 and nothing better. Very strange. Also towards the end it seemed to get worse faster. Maybe it's crash damage. I know for sure that maybe later in the week I was driving more "angry" and "meeting" the armco more often.Maybe it was mental fatigue but who knows... My F1 had a few thousand miles/km (whatever the odo reads) on it when I first started and probably had a few more after so maybe by starting with a tired car, my results were different. Sure wish I had B-specced a new one, but hindsight and 20/20 and all...

I too didn't live up to my full potential due to dirty and unfinished (or unstarted) laps. Put my two best together and I have 2'23.0 instead of 2'24.3. I WAS at 2'25.2 as of last night before my 3 hour flog so I can't be unhappy about my gain, but it made NO difference in the results other than I would have won in D2 instead of getting second.

Another strange thing I noticed and I'm not sure if I'll go back to check, but it SEEMS like the F1's springs may actually be correct and the toe reverse of normal for GT4 (or the same as GT3). Last night after leaving the springs at 12/11 all week, I went to 11.5/11 and it sure seemed like I got more front end grip. Also the oversteery tendency of the -6 toe, and I tried positive toe and definitely noticed more stability and less oversteer, was strange... Excuses all...

Great showing to all podiums and especially to the VEILed HOTties who once again manage to make our feeble existences seem even more pointless... <JK> Inspiring drive, guys.

Now repeat after me, "I promise not to drive more than 4 hours this week, I promise not to drive more than 5 hours this week, I promise not to drive..."

or perhaps

"It's only a game, it's only a game..."

Later,

-SHig

I understand your frustration Francisco! But don't be too hard on yourself. This was a very difficult event to master. :ill:

I'm sorry I didn't tell u my time last night, but i knew we were in competition for a podium, and I didn't want to give u a target to blow by me! That's racing. :)

And don't think this was an easy drive for me either. I had almost 2000km logged by the end of the event which is WAY more than I normally do. But for me, R246 has always been a nemesis track and I wanted to finally understand it better. 👍 I had also never had the opportunity to drive the F1's in GT4, so that was enough motivation for me.

You, me, Shig, and T13R. It was a toss up who would come out ahead this week.
It was fine competition, and we will all mix it up again in the future! 👍

Now we just need to get Z, puck, vexd, alpine, MR8, small fryz, iceman, and the rest of the usual D1 suspects back in the fray....... :sly:

Nice job of all you guys, great times from curtis and minor, also congrats to T13R and Mark for the respective wins. 👍

We´ve had a tough week since 2 lapper is always workful! I lost many and many times in the 2'20, really, i worked alot for that. One thing i can tell you guys is, that you can never give up from your goal. i was since friday trying to get a 2'20, always geting and failing in the last left hander of second lap where i can´t take that slow or safe, its the make or break. I had a 2'21.2 from sunday, so i got to improve it yesterday night, at 2 am to 2'21.1. But i wasn´t really happy, i thought in posting that time since i was some tired and sleepy, but, so i decided i had to get that and played and played until i get my 2'20 time at about 4 am. :)

I felt really happy since i knew that a 2'19 is possible, but its very very hard, since i would have to push my 2 best laps so far for the family cup: 1'13.1xx for the first lap, and 1'06.6 for the second lap.

My laps in my race were: 1'13.6 and 1'07.1. I was aiming for 1'06 all the time, that´s why i lost many races, because i know that the car is about 1.3 second slower than in practice mode, since in practice mode i lost a lap in 1'04.9, but i know 1'04.8 is possible, just like i did for GT3.

Well, that´s it, here´s my replay for further verification, and also here´s a little tribute to the person who always motivate me to go faster and keep practicing. :)

Attachments

• GT4 - VeilSidebr - WRS27.max
    23.1 KB · Views: 11
SHigSpeed
Funny thing: though "they" say the F1 can't get damaged, I STILL think that it does, if only temporarily. Sure it doesn't show up in the power output but it seemed like every time I exited to the main menu and came back the car instantly got back into the 10.3xx T1s. Drive for a bit and it's 10.6 - 10.8 and nothing better. Very strange. Also towards the end it seemed to get worse faster. Maybe it's crash damage.

I noticed the same Shig. In fact once I had 6 or 700 km on the vehicle, I went back to the garage and got a new one with zero miles.

Drew22
Hey Koly, your sector three wasn't as bad as you thought. Congrats everyone, a fun week!! Thanks CFM.

Apparently ... still, if I had re-run the rcae after watching some pointers from Jerome, I think I could have shaved off another .5 easily enough: The corner after T2 and then the faster corner before the hairpin were places where I was losing time, but maybe oyu were too :P

I feel bummed that I didn't rerun, but - still - not a bad result for hardly any effort :dopey:

Congrats to all podiums, sorry the D3 win eluded you Rew (I know you were pushing pretty hard this week), and :bowdown: to the top D1ers!

Now I only wonder what COULD have happened if it was a hotlap in arcade mode. I'm with Fasj on this one.

jump_ace

jump_ace
Now I only wonder what COULD have happened if it was a hotlap in arcade mode. I'm with Fasj on this one.

jump_ace

i bet a low 1'03 lap on arcade mode for tokyo. Would have been alot more fun hotlap than 2 lapper. :)

Back