WRS Week 27 Results!

• Thread starter CFM
  • 60 comments
fasj6418
4th, improved one position from last week, i should be happy...

should

this was one of the most dissapointing performances of my GT carrear...

why?

because last night i checked and my F1 had almost 3000km...
well, i was new to the car when this week started, so it was a long process of tuning, experiment and stuff.

but what frustrated me was that i couldn´t do what i wanted to. i mean, i already have a pretty much boring life, and GT was always my escape, something i WAS good at.

last night i spent 3 hours on this, and believe me, i had more than 20 runs in 2´22´s and 2´23´s, but not a single one of then was clean... something was very wrong... i had splits of 37´4, 37´5, but i could never put that togheter for a run...
no offense to all others, i know 2´24 is still a good time considering how hard this combo was, but it was not what i expected. i put a lot of pressure, i juts said i had to do well with a fast car, but it didn´t work, i got very nervous last night... my last breath was to to 3 consecutive runs with a 1´14´xxx first lap and 37´xxx split in the second only to hit those 🤬 walls... :banghead:

i know i´m been hard on myself, but i just got frustrated last night... 3´2 seconds of the leader in a combo that i liked its not what i had in mind. i thing i know now, if you´re angry, or nervous, don´t even bother to play, because it will not make a difference...

well, sorry for the long ranting, i just hated my effort :banghead:
at least i will continue to practice, because practice only makes you better, but i just have to find a way to be "less competitive" if that´s possible...

big props to all, it was a very hard week, only 25 times... congrats to all podiums... T13R, you are already a div1 👍

veil, curtis and steve, awesome times, some ice cold blood you guys have to finish those races...

and shig, we ended up a bit far away from the podium, but at least we had some fun...

or bitter like it was last night for me...

but there´s always next week 💡

don´t worry fasj, you know that a single time doesn´t show a driver´s skills. ;)

You are good at it and you know that. Don´t worry also because u lost many clean races, yes i passed by the same. :indiff:

Was painful to get that 2'20, not because i stayed very hours on that combo, but because so many punches i gave in my tv so angry i was. :grumpy:

I think i have a broken finger in left hand and a very pain right hand dunno if its broken, but not from now, from some 2 months ago, now i can´t punch my tv haha. :sly:

but don´t worry, there will be always a next week, and there will be always some to improve. ;)

You did pretty well tho, since u never drove the F1 car so much as u said, u got to adapt very quick imo. From your laptimes u were telling, i was suspecting u would be in the 2'21´s to say the true. :)

Man looking back, I had atleast 15 times that would have gotten me 2nd place by a fair margin....dang.....so those of u that have tried this one, are u drifting around the track a lot?

jump_ace

Did the math at lunch:

Car started off with 3304 miles, finished with 4836 miles for a total of 1532 miles run. One lap is approximately 3.5 miles long so I did 437 laps. At an average of 1'10 a lap, that's 510 minutes or 8.5 hours of track time. That's an estimate and it SURE seemed like more to me. I guess a lot of time is spent watching replays, doing setup changes, etc... Also, I guess your average lap time would be closer to 1'14 or so since many of the first laps are aborted due to either a poor L1 time or contact. ASSUMING that the track is 3.5 miles long, veil averaged about 129 mph for the lap. Seems low...

I'm afraid I may have given up an advantage to the immortals by starting with so many miles on the clock. I'm afraid to try agian on a fresh car to see what further I had left on the table... Oh well, you live and learn.

In the past I noticed that when you buy a car from another chip, you lose the mods. I was wondering then if the car reverted to original miles (zero in the case of the F1). I couldn't test it though because it cost over $6M! Yikes! I only have $4M.

Just FYI.

-SHig

jump_ace
Man looking back, I had atleast 15 times that would have gotten me 2nd place by a fair margin....dang.....so those of u that have tried this one, are u drifting around the track a lot?

jump_ace

Drifting? Not really. Only on the last session did I find that drifting the first turn was possible/fast, and only after a tweak on the tired suspension... Just hard to get the throttle squeeze right so as not to spin on the curbs or just outright get on the throttle too soon.

The last corner was often taken with a bit of wag to get the ass end around, but not at a true drift.

On a good lap, I'd sometimes get some drift on the second corner.

You should have stayed up late like the other dedicated racers here! :)

-SHig

BTW, how many miles do all of you now have on the car, and at what mileage did you do your best laps? I have 4836 and I did my best lapt at 4830 or so!

Don't know what to say really. Didn't think it was that bad. :yuck: :yuck: :yuck:

Gotta do better next week! Had way to little experience with this car and track. :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:

First time using Max Drive, would somebody let me know if my file worked?

Thanks in Advance

Attachments

• Tokyo.max
    24.1 KB · Views: 5
Crap. Had a buddy come home from boot camp last night, so didn't remember to send in a time. Congrats to those who did, and to all podiums. Some fast times up there. :embarrassed:

Off to see what Week 28 is about.

SHigSpeed
Drifting? Not really. Only on the last session did I find that drifting the first turn was possible/fast, and only after a tweak on the tired suspension... Just hard to get the throttle squeeze right so as not to spin on the curbs or just outright get on the throttle too soon.

The last corner was often taken with a bit of wag to get the ass end around, but not at a true drift.

On a good lap, I'd sometimes get some drift on the second corner.

You should have stayed up late like the other dedicated racers here! :)

-SHig

BTW, how many miles do all of you now have on the car, and at what mileage did you do your best laps? I have 4836 and I did my best lapt at 4830 or so!

I did my best CLEAN race at about 100 miles, then spent the next 800+ miles trying and trying and trying to get another clean run. But I just wrote down my mileage as I didnt save my game as it would ruin my 100% win ratio with it being in Sim Mode and all.

Jerome

the f1 in indestructable... so mileage doesnt make a difference

i ended off with 1000km

1'13.788 / shoulda been .350 faster
1'07.682 / wish i coulda been .5 faster

woulda made it a bit close

👍 Sammuel you little *****ass 👍

👍 T13R 👍

👍 mark 👍

Lovin Ur Avatar Curits, u da man!

Jerome

SHigSpeed
Did the math at lunch:

Car started off with 3304 miles, finished with 4836 miles for a total of 1532 miles run. One lap is approximately 3.5 miles long so I did 437 laps. At an average of 1'10 a lap, that's 510 minutes or 8.5 hours of track time. That's an estimate and it SURE seemed like more to me. I guess a lot of time is spent watching replays, doing setup changes, etc... Also, I guess your average lap time would be closer to 1'14 or so since many of the first laps are aborted due to either a poor L1 time or contact. ASSUMING that the track is 3.5 miles long, veil averaged about 129 mph for the lap. Seems low...

I'm afraid I may have given up an advantage to the immortals by starting with so many miles on the clock. I'm afraid to try agian on a fresh car to see what further I had left on the table... Oh well, you live and learn.

In the past I noticed that when you buy a car from another chip, you lose the mods. I was wondering then if the car reverted to original miles (zero in the case of the F1). I couldn't test it though because it cost over $6M! Yikes! I only have $4M.

Just FYI.

-SHig

i would really like to know how many restarts i gave... i bet it was something like 300 or so, sometimes, 9 out of 10 races i didn´t get to t1 the way i wanted...

i think i had more time on practice mode... best lap was 1´06, but then when i found the right setup i stopped, and went to family cup...

@ minorshunt, well, maybe i would get more nervous to know that you had a 2´22 :crazy: but now, well looking back, 4th wasn´t that bad... i wont get that much stress with week 28...

good to see that i was not the only one having those problems in this race...

one thing, it was very addictive!

i only stopped because it was 5 AM and i had to sleep, i was up for almost 23 hours... :crazy: otherwise i would stayed until the deadline trying...
i still don´t know what "i quit" means :ill:

i´ll post the replay later when i get home...

hOt6o4bOi
the f1 in indestructable... so mileage doesnt make a difference
QUOTE]

Or so it's been reported, however there's at least one other person here that's mentioned a degradation. How many miles on your car?

I guess if you did your laps with 20,000 km on the car, then it's bunk. OTOH, if you only racked up 600 km, then I'll send you my garage and see if you can match your times on my car with your setup! :)

-SHig

yeh only 1000 km's driven

if you watch in my replay, the final left hander i took around 12km/h too slowly

but i wanted an improvement to get close to sammuel, so ran that section at around 90%

jump_ace

jump_ace
Don't get ahead of yourself, you have no idea how fast we've gone on our best laps... :sly:

Its a Sharkport replay. You have to change it if you are Xport or Max drive. I don't have any problem with all 3 formats. In fact my BC replay was view without any problem. I actually watched Veils a while ago. He comes closer to the walls than seems possible but its clean.

Kolyana
GT3, I downloaded your replay, but I'm in America so we're different formats. Sorry :(
Sharkport files (.sps) are solely NTSC save games, since Sharkport I believe was only sold in North America. I've got an Xport which was sold internationally and is identical to Sharkport, except my files are (.xps) and I used to rename them to (.sps) for GT3 to avoid the confusion between PAL and NTSC. So if you see (.sps), you can be sure it's NTSC, and it's the exact same file format as a (.xps) and it will work on your console. You can simply rename the extension depending if you have a Sharkport ( from .xps to .sps ) or Xport ( from .sps to .xps ), and it will work no problem.

Edit: PAL (.xps) files will not work however, even if the extension is changed to (.sps)

If you are using the Max drive you need to have the Max drive converter to convert .xps files to max files and vise versa. Its not hard to do once you've done it a few times. Getting replays from the PS2 to the PC is something much more difficult. :yuck:

well, here´s the replay...

its one of the 2 files, sorry, but i couldn´t identify which... one of then is dirty (i think, mybe its not also) and faster, and the other is the right one...

in case anyone wonder, i think my final settings were a little diferent...

14.0/20.0
45/45
1/1
1/1
3.0/3.0
-6/0

tranny trick, downforce max

weight balance -20

LSD 5/5/5

no aids...

was very good for practice, makes the car stable... at least for me...

Attachments

• fasj197328_8789_GRAN_TURIS.max
    17.8 KB · Views: 6
  • fasj297328_5763_GRAN_TURIS.max
    18 KB · Views: 5
BTW, out of wrs and just 4 fun, i did 1'25.399at Suzuka in GT mode in the F1 black car. Since 3rdgenx had the record in a laptime of 1'26.586 wich had beaten my old 1'26.9xx lap, so i was compelled to try some more to see if i could beat it.

If someone gets interested in viewing it, it was a nice lap. :)

There´s probably 0.4 more to improve, yes 1'24 is possible. But im happy with this lap, no mistakes at all.

I will be doing a lap at tokyo soon, my goal is to set a new 1'04 in GT mode. When i get to do it, i will post here too. :)

Attachments

• 25.399 lap.max
    24 KB · Views: 7
veilsidebr
I did 1'25.399 in GT mode in the F1 black car. Since 3rdgenx had the record in a laptime of 1'26.586 wich had beaten my old 1'26.9xx lap, so i was compelled to try some more to see if i could beat it.

If someone gets interested in viewing it, it was a nice lap. :)

There´s probably 0.4 more to improve, yes 1'24 is possible. But im happy with this lap, no mistakes at all.

I will be doing a lap at tokyo soon, my goal is to set a new 1'04 in GT mode. When i get to do it, i will post here too. :)

What's it a lap of :confused:

BTW, I watched Veil's lap last night. YIKES! No WONDER! He's carrying nearly 20 MPH more than I was through the last left kink! Amazing... He's a tenth or two faster in many of the corners and maybe an MPH or so faster on the straights than I was until there. I guess I should've listened when he reported 300+ kph through there....

Amazing...

-SHig

veilsidebr
not a lap from wrs, just a lap 4 fun.

veilsidebr
I did 1'25.399 in GT mode in the F1 black car. Since 3rdgenx had the record in a laptime of 1'26.586 wich had beaten my old 1'26.9xx lap, so i was compelled to try some more to see if i could beat it.

What track?

Back