WRS Week 3 Results!

• Thread starter CFM
  • 97 comments
... hence why the replays are necessary...

nobody wants to besmirch the character of anyone else, particularly those of our best racers here at the best GT racing series there is :) .... if the replay is submitted, and the 'judge' is happy with it, then it is verified and that's the end of it. I'm sure there will always be some close calls, but it has to be up to CFM at the end of the day...

edit:
nice one Kenny! too quick for me this week...

ballstothewall
But, if we we were all honest, we ALL have a back up lap that is thou's or hundredths slower, that we are CERTAIN about?
I never do. I always only have one clean lap. If I have a run I need to check, I label it "check" or "dirty" so I'll remember that it might not be clean. I then go check the lap and replace my clean lap if the lap in question is actually clean. If not, I just delete it.

Small_Fryz
Ballstothewall, a lot more cheating goes on than you would think mate, and i know hotboi is not cheating and i dont know what he should have done, he seeked a 2nd opinoin what more could he have done?. But you need to realise that its not a lovely game of hokey pokey, people cheat that could be anything from a sligth nick/ 3 tires off the track to full on bouncing off walls and cutting corners.

After being in WRS for a while you do pick up on some inconsistancies between racers and a few have been caught, At least now with the rules, a cheater cannont win any Division and he pretty much cannot be in Div1, We may not be able to fully stop the cheaters but we can restric them to not being able to win, which is the whole point of cheating anyway.

Hi, S_F,
Glad to see your dad is div3 top-dog this week, VERY suprised to be second!
To be honest i think that 'cheaters' will NEVER profit in this environment, proved by my typo to CFM, he spotted the 'inconcistancy' in my post and all worked out all right! we should ALL trust in the MOD's! They have been doing this for years, in most cases (No offence to CFM at all)
He spotted that my final time was a second quicker than it should have been, hence my typo!
None of them are stupid, and they will catch the cheats

hOt6o4bOi
truly sorry for creating a inconvenience :(

i did ask for verification from another player which was ben, icemanshooter
he watched it and said it was a close call

and after that i decided to submit that lap.

I am new to the WRS and didnt know about alot of stuff until now.

so for any1 i anger'd im sorry

i dont wanna be on any1z bad side :guilty:

You might have mentioned that you'd already gotten a second opinion in your 1st post ;)

Didn't mean to jump on you too harshly before, I believe that it was an honest mistake.

I responded the way that I did because it irks me when the onus is put on the community to keep you honest (and when I say you here, I mean any WRS racer, in general, not hot604boi specifically).

To me, whether the lap was clean or not is irrelevant. Boombexus, Kent, and now CFM have put a lot of time and energy into making this series great, fun and friendly (not to mention myself, Cyril or tuff (who do/did stats) or the 80-odd registered drivers who put in lots of their personal time to submit laps and participate).

For anyone to say, "I'm not sure it's clean, I'll submit it and see if anyone complains. If it's deemed dirty, I'll fall back to the one I know is clean" is disrespectful, and an insult. :ill:

In that case, the right thing to do is submit the slower run you know is clean, whether it means ranking lower in the results or not. Part of "It's just a game" is knowing that winning isn't the be all and end all.

Ok ... rant over ;)

Nice run hot604boi, and congrats on the win :cheers:

edit: nice one Kenny! too quick for me this week...

Thanks Touring :)

By the way, does anyone have advice on something I can buy to transfer replays and hopefully photos too onto the pc? I read the thread dedicated to that but I'm sure someone else will have a good opinion too. I want to be able to buy something at a local store instead of ordering from Asia.

ballstothewall
But, if we we were all honest, we ALL have a back up lap that is thou's or hundredths slower, that we are CERTAIN about?

Which do we submit? (given that a fellow compatator's verification has been used in this case)

If you think the faster time is dirty (as hotboi did) then you submit the slower time. seeking a second opinion is just that, an opinion and nothing else. It's down to the driver to make the final decision about the submission.

ballstothewall
And being 1st in Div1 he is CERTAIN to be asked for verification, would it really be worth it to post/submit a lap that was not gonna cut-the-mustard?

Again, if the faster time is dirty and the slower time is clean then yes it's worth it. If you can't get a faster clean time then slow down. The rules are simple, 100% clean.

If in doubt, run it again.

ballstothewall
Smacks of either envy at the 'NEW Boy's' talent or just plain pissed off at not being top any more!
If I was envious of people who are faster than me then why do I have a website with over 10GB of videos of people being faster than me?

Last word from me on this. Replay has been posted. It checks out as clean. End of.

Just for the record, I have thoroughly scrutinized h0t6o4bOi's run, and it is very very very close to being off, but it is still legal within the rules. I'll post a picture later. As far as having a second time to "fall back upon" it doesn't quite work like that. Many people have lost major races by submitting a dirty lap over the years, it's just part of the game. If the run that is submitted is not legal, it will be DQ'ed. A second time will not be allowed as a substitute, so everyone make sure your run is clean and not questionable at all. The motto to remember is, "If in doubt, throw it out." There is some ettiquette to be learned with this type of competition, so hOt6o4bOi's mistakes in this area can be forgiven as he is still rather new to all this. Just remember, since you are setting some great times, you are going to have a target on your back all the time. So keep it clean and not even able to be questioned for your own peace of mind.👍

Dad (Large_Fryz) says Thanks very much for the comments he appreciates them. His looking forward to next weeks race.

Dads away for 2 days on business so he will back to post in person soon.

'Nuff said!

Was only IMO!

@ Daan no offence mean't, honest

Rock on, guys and gals

:cheers:

tuff240
I never do. I always only have one clean lap. If I have a run I need to check, I label it "check" or "dirty" so I'll remember that it might not be clean. I then go check the lap and replace my clean lap if the lap in question is actually clean. If not, I just delete it.

Thats more or less what I do 👍 However, in a serious OLR I tend to collect all my faster but dirty times so that I can study them in order to find possible improvements around the course. I would normally end up with about 10 dirty but faster runs at the time of submission. lol

EEEP .. I go to bed .. and wake up to .. alot of stuffies.

Glad it all sorted out all. Gratz to all the Podiums and Alpine for the promotion. 👍 (Sort of knew that was coming with the times ya been running)

@Natalya ~ Ya still above me hun. :P

Off to assist in fixing a few issues with the Div 3 board and see what the new week has to bring.

kennythebomb
Thanks Touring :)

By the way, does anyone have advice on something I can buy to transfer replays and hopefully photos too onto the pc? I read the thread dedicated to that but I'm sure someone else will have a good opinion too. I want to be able to buy something at a local store instead of ordering from Asia.

To submit ur replays, a Max Drive will cost you about £12.99.. but a few people recently have found them hard to come by (sold out)... mine was from Play.com and works well... for photos though, you will need a regular USB pen/flash drive... very annoyingly, the Max Drive will not allow you to view your photomode pics on your PC, as it converts them to .max files, and you can't then get them back as .jpegs... in other words,, you can only use a Max Drive to move/store files from PS2 to PS2, or to back them up on a PC, but you can't 'use' them on a PC, which is very irritating... still, the Max Drive is only 16 MB, and essential if you need to verify your best laps (as you will almost certainly need to do :ill: 👍 ), but a cheap flash drive might also set u back £20-30.... but it's best to have both really...

Hmmmm now I'm confused. Can a regular flash drive also save replays and operate the same way as a MaxDrive? I was under the impression that only a MaxDrive or some other similar product would work. For example, would the flash drive I have, a Lexar Media JumpDrive 2.0 Pro, be able to transfer my lap replays? Not that I will ever need it for this or anything lol.

Edit: I just reread Touring Mars's post, and I'm fairly sure a MaxDrive is necessary, but I would like a response just to be sure. Hmmmm my head be spinnin :crazy:

I personally use a 'bog-standard' mp3 player for photo's, am gonna have to get a n AR-Max or similar for replays tho'

could do without the expense, but it will be a nesc if i keep getting good times in the races (not to blow-my-own-trumpet, honest!)

BTW
This week's combo is great fun, am having a laugh drifting the lovely thing around this track!
Someone actually said that they thought the evo was 'a weapon'
As an ex-military person, i think that a 'weapon' is something that does what you ask of it, and you don't have to fight it every second you are using it!

This is a lovely car that it is a pleasure to drive VERY quickely, drifting where needed, wagging it's arse out of corners!

This is the epitomy of FUN!

Absolutely love this combo!

Props to all of the podiums in all divisions, There is some serious talent in the WRS and I am proud to be racing with you all. I missed a top ten finish by .005!!! Close racing this week just how I like it.

To me the whole concept of WRS is racing clean, and I know everbody has there own way of racing clean. We have people who race 4OTF, and other that keep two on the track. Cheating will always be a part of competition, and verifiying laps via replays is the only way to keep cheating a bay in the WRS, and the keen eyes of mod and veterans will catch inconsistanies.

Hot604boi is not a cheat and has submitied a reaply as proof. I can see the points of both sides hot604boi did have his lap verified before submiting which is honorable, but as Sphinx posted a second opinion is just another person opinion. The whole thing of trying to fall back on a slower cleaner run, albeit still 1st place, is not right. All in all I think we all have learned from this week and I doubt this will hapen agian.

COngrats to all , great racing everyone , will get a replay up as soon as i figure out my xport again...

This discussion of the fine points of the rules is interesting, but as a division 3 racer with aspirations to someday be toward the top end of division 3, I suspect nobody will be asking for my replays for quite some time, if ever. :crazy:

But I'm curious about what's the best mechanism to watch the truly fast people's replays? I know (or think I know) there are a couple of different hardware devices to transfer files from a computer to a PS2 memory card. Are the replays that people are posting specific to any of these or will any do? The local Best Buy only carries Datel's Action Replay Max EVO Edition, so if I go there I don't get a lot of choice.

Thanks.

Think that's what i'm gonna have to get!

Max-drive, ar-max et-al all should do the job, most seem to be going for the two mentioned!
👍

make sure it comes with the MAX drive, USB thingy. you can buy a Action Replay Max EVO Edition that doesnt come with one and one that does, make sure.

bogitiman
Props to all of the podiums in all divisions, There is some serious talent in the WRS and I am proud to be racing with you all. I missed a top ten finish by .005!!! Close racing this week just how I like it.

Heh, sorry about that. But I missed the top twenty last week by one spot, four hundreths, so expect to redeem yourself next week. Just not against me, okay? :sly:

Ok guys, thanks to a LOT of help from small fryz I believe this should work :)

Please somebody verify this, alright?

Attachments

• Autumn ring.max
    20.4 KB · Views: 8
Studentdriver
Hmmmm now I'm confused. Can a regular flash drive also save replays and operate the same way as a MaxDrive?

Short answer is no.

Replays can only be saved to a memory card, but the Max Drive software lets you move stuff from a memory card to the Max Drive USB pen, but not a regular USB pen.

Photomode pics can be saved directly to a regular USB pen, but not directly to a Max Drive USB pen... (no idea why, but it doesn't work)...

You can, however, save photomode pics to the memory card and then move them onto the Max Drive, but in doing this, the pics are converted to .max files, and so you can't then see them as .jpegs on your PC...

In other words, to share replays, you need a Max Drive...

To view photomode pics on your PC, you need a regular USB pen....

Annoying, eh??

dammit i was slow this week. i just couldn't get the hang of driving that thing fast but coulda been cause i only managed to get 10 laps in grrrr damn coursework, Congrats to all those podium fineshers and some of those times were amazing!

Studentdriver
Hmmmm now I'm confused. Can a regular flash drive also save replays and operate the same way as a MaxDrive? I was under the impression that only a MaxDrive or some other similar product would work. For example, would the flash drive I have, a Lexar Media JumpDrive 2.0 Pro, be able to transfer my lap replays? Not that I will ever need it for this or anything lol.

Edit: I just reread Touring Mars's post, and I'm fairly sure a MaxDrive is necessary, but I would like a response just to be sure. Hmmmm my head be spinnin :crazy:

If you have the ar max cd then yes, you can use a flash drive...usb pen.

Having said that, i hope this works,lol. Tested with a friend and he was able to view the replay...

Just a quick question, i assume a pal user cant view an ntsc users replay ???, i can view small fryz max file..... nice run bro... but not kennys max file.

If someone could see if this works that would be great.

Attachments

• Wsssup Wrs3.max
    20.2 KB · Views: 7
Anyone who has viewed Kenny's or WSSUP's replays please post here to let us know everything worked as it should and that the runs were good. I can view Keny's later if needed since I'm on NTSC. Thanks for the help.👍

kennythebomb
Ok guys, thanks to a LOT of help from small fryz I believe this should work :)

Please somebody verify this, alright?

PAL?

I downloaded it, but didn't have time to view it.

Back