WRS Week 4 Results!

• Thread starter CFM
  • 70 comments
Hi kelly,

I assume you discussed the pic.with Ron and if you both think it's in,it's in.
Two see more than one.
Last week 1\5 wheel was legal so 1\100 is legal too.

By posting the pic. a reaction is what you looking for.
Personally I wouldn't submit such replays just to protect my reputation.
At least I did in the past.
I'll keep this pic. for future reference.

BTW congrats with your podium.

Yes Sjaak I did want the opinion of others and me and Ron both checked it. I wouldn't normally have submitted this but it was late last night and it was my fastest run, I knew it was close but never realised just how close until now!

Replay coming soon...

Congratulations to all the winners :cheers:
I could not partecipate this week, due to final exams (4 down, 3 more to go...)

I will have the whole weekend to run Week 5, though :D

lotus350
I wouldn't normally have submitted this but it was late last night and it was my fastest run, I knew it was close but never realised just how close until now!

Personally, I don't think it should matter whether it's close or not. The two wheel rule has not been broken, so the lap is legal. Unless it is decided at the beginning of a race and all the next ones to come how much of a wheel needs to be in contact with the allowed track in order for it to be considered "in".

The rule, as it is now, just states two wheels need to be in contact with the track at all time. It does not say, however, how much of the wheel(s).

The Wizard.

I didn't have a chance to run this one.
I only had time to buy the car to unlock it in Arcade Mode :(

As far as lotus' lap is concerned (and as far as my opinion is worth anything), I would say that the picture is perfectly clean : the rules state that "2 wheels must stay in contact with the track at all time" and "rumble strips are considered part of the track". It's the case, so if the picture shows the extreme point, there's absolutely no doubt or hesitation of any kind : -clean-.

hey guys congrats to holl01 for his 1st win in gt4 WRS 👍

cant beleive only .009 seperated us, were always so close!

congrats to gtmaniac too, otherwise known as Zoky on the gtdabase, nice times.

congrats to the new div.2 racers and congrats to the div.3 podiums

yesterday night when i was trying to pull off a better lap i hit

Lap 1 = 1:28.129 but i just couldnt get T1 times down~

Attachments

• W4, Deep Forest Lotus Esprite ~ hOt6o4bOi ~ 4.11.437.max
    29.3 KB · Views: 13
Kolyana
I'd be interested in seeing the same photo angle a hundreth of a second later.

You'd have to have great reaction speed thats for sure! as I took the picture above and took quite a few for others for Kel as it happens, and it was not easy to time the exact moment for pressing x

I can assure you ... that the pic above was the extreme part of the close call! and if anyone wants a slide show! ... then tough $hit! ... I made an mpeg for Kel, it will be posted along with the maxdrive replay and others can make there minds up then especially other PAL users who can take it and disect it in replay mode 👍

Why do you guys think I avoid racing this series now? I stick to databases where I can race and submit my replays and not have a load of suggestions regarding my decision of valid or not!

Laters Disectors :D

Oh it's valid. I applaud Lotus's racing whole heatedly and can only aspire to the pace she continually sets ... but that picture is a wonderful example of "This is legal ... anything beyond this isn't" :P

Congrats to all the podiums. :cheers:

And once more to kragbees, villainpl, and ballstothewall for their promotion. :cheers:

Thanks to CFM for a fun combo, and to Luxy and Cyril for their leader boards. 👍

And my usual PAL replay from the bottom of div 2:

Attachments

• NielsG wrs 04 4,19.117.xps
    29.6 KB · Views: 7
I forgot to congrat the winners and the 3 drivers promoted from div3 to div2. :cheers:
As far as the board is concerned, you'll carry your current points along to div2 next tuesday, which will instantaneously inject all 3 of you around 10th position :eek:
Hold your DS2/DFP tighter mates if you want to stay there, you're swimming with bigger sharks now..
👍

Ok big thanks to Daan for hosting this... had some trouble getting it uploaded to my host.

Here's the mpeg (15mb) needs divx codec to play ;) (link) DivxCodec

Lotus350 Week 4
(right click and save as..)

And here's the maxdrive replay 👍

Attachments

• KelWRS4@DF2.zip
    21.5 KB · Views: 7
D/l right now Kelly 👍. Amazing runs here :bowdown: , and just .009 separating a 3 lap race :nervous:.

Nice run Lotus. I'm glad to see that I ran exactly the same line ... you did did it FASTER :P Clearly I need to drive more by the seat of my pants, but there's no way that I could get used to that chase view and I sure hope that I don't have to in order to run faster laps!

Thanks Kolyana :)

I never run it in chase view, only recorded it that way so people so see it's clean ;)

Final times in the 4'11 range...... I worship the controlers you race with hollO1, hOt6o4bOi, GTmaniac, 3rdgenracerX great racing.
Congrat D2 podium I must have been losing to much time on T3's, but I am still top 5 ( does a jig in his PJ's)!!!
Big thumbs up to D3 podiums and welcome to D2 kragbees, ballstothewall, villainpl, I look forward to racing you 3 in the upcoming weeks.

Kolyana
...I'm glad to see that I ran exactly the same line ... you did did it FASTER
It reminds me a video I had downloaded of jbschumacher's replay in a Formula1 at Complex String (GT3).
He was using the same lines as I was using, and his speed was in every sector similar to mine. I thought for a few minutes that I was a damn fast driver.
Then I noticed that his final lap time was more than a minute faster than mine.

Strange, I thought, since our speed was in every point the same.
Suddenly I realized that his speed was in mph and mine in km/h. So he was actually 1.6 times faster than me in every sector.
That very day I stopped racing the Formula1 (and became a Mini Maniac) and I stopped downloading replays. :)

flat-out
It reminds me a video I had downloaded of jbschumacher's replay in a Formula1 at Complex String (GT3).
He was using the same lines as I was using, and his speed was in every sector similar to mine. I thought for a few minutes that I was a damn fast driver.
Then I noticed that his final lap time was more than a minute faster than mine.

Strange, I thought, since our speed was in every point the same.
Then I realized his speed was in mph and mine in km/h. So he was actually 1.6 times faster than me in every sector.
That very day I stopped racing the Formula1 (and I became a Mini Maniac) and I stopped downloading replays. :)

LOL!!!

I never got into a WRS before, and i thought really very good these weekly champs. :D

Its a pitty i just saw it now, when its already finished(WRS4) cause i would go into it too.

I trainned a little on it and i got a 4"12.0. But i didn´t ride too much, i rode like 30 or 40 min, and im sure if i take it serious and more runs i could match holl01´s time. BTW, congrats to you guys who had traped excelent times. By far it was pretty chalenging, short gap from player to player. :D

I will join the next one for sure. :D

flat-out
I forgot to congrat the winners and the 3 drivers promoted from div3 to div2. :cheers:
As far as the board is concerned, you'll carry your current points along to div2 next tuesday, which will instantaneously inject all 3 of you around 10th position :eek:
Hold your DS2/DFP tighter mates if you want to stay there, you're swimming with bigger sharks now..
👍

The bigger the shark, the easier a target!

Only kidding! lol

ballstothewall
The bigger the shark, the easier a target! Only kidding! lol
Try to explain it to them when they'll drive past you in the streets of NY.

And remember that I'm also div2. I might wake up and come and chase you some week. (Ok, I must acknowledge that it's extremely unlikely but miracles do happen sometimes).

@veilsidebr : welcome to the WRS.
Make sure you run the qualifier race too and PM your qualif time to CFM before or with your time for week 5.
That's compulsory to be given a division and to be registered in the drivers list.

flat-out
Try to explain it to them when they'll drive past you in the streets of NY.

And remember that I'm also div2. I might wake up and come and chase you some week. (Ok, I must acknowledge that it's extremely unlikely but miracles do happen sometimes).

@veilsidebr : welcome to the WRS.
Make sure you run the qualifier race too and PM your qualif time to CFM before or with your time for week 5.
That's compulsory to be given a division and to be registered in the drivers list.
Wats the qualifier race? I tried to read how to get into WRS but i didn´t find enough info. If u could explain me, that would be great. 👍 👍 :)

Gratz to all Podium's 👍

And gratz to those that got promoted to Div 2. We will not clean out your pit that quick, just yet. And as you all see, I just wanted that .003 to break the 4' 30 mark ...

Read this thread:
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=61469

That's the qualifier. Follow the instructions, get a time you're happy with (no rush) and send the result to "CFM" via a PM (private message).

Read this thread (it's this week's race):
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=63055

You can do this at the same time as the qualifier, but you must hand CFM a qualifying time so he knows what division to place you in ... if you're that fast, you want to try and make sure you're in division one.

So race on both tracks and both cars, get times you're happy with, then PM CFM the results before the deadline outlined in the race thread, clearly indicating that you're new, and which is the qualifier and so on.

Kolyana
Read this thread:
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=61469

That's the qualifier. Follow the instructions, get a time you're happy with (no rush) and send the result to "CFM" via a PM (private message).

Read this thread (it's this week's race):
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=63055

You can do this at the same time as the qualifier, but you must hand CFM a qualifying time so he knows what division to place you in ... if you're that fast, you want to try and make sure you're in division one.

So race on both tracks and both cars, get times you're happy with, then PM CFM the results before the deadline outlined in the race thread, clearly indicating that you're new, and which is the qualifier and so on.
Preety thanx for the info, i was reading about the qualifier lap while this window was opening. :)

BTW, i will do my qualifier lap and send him the time. And also the WRS 5.

Good luck for you all. 👍 👍 :)

PS: Just a little doubt from me. After posting once a time i did for WRS5 , if i get it improved later, can i post again and it will be updated in the lapchart? Or i can just post once?

Ok, a clearer pic of Kelly's run, looks OK to me from what I can see.👍

a90570df9ld.jpg

Another announcement, Rob 256R has asked for his run to be removed from the results, as he noticed a slight off right at the start of his race that was overlooked when he reviewed it before. So lotus 350 now takes the win, and everyone else moves up one spot. Thanks Rob for your honesty, he said he will still post the run ASAP when he gets hold of his Max Drive.

veilsidebr
Preety thanx for the info, i was reading about the qualifier lap while this window was opening. :)

BTW, i will do my qualifier lap and send him the time. And also the WRS 5.

Good luck for you all. 👍 👍 :)

PS: Just a little doubt from me. After posting once a time i did for WRS5 , if i get it improved later, can i post again and it will be updated in the lapchart? Or i can just post once?

Don't post your final times during race week ... only ever discuss your sectors (which you can post about as much as you like ... look at this weeks race thread for an example).

When you PM CFM your final race time, don't do it again even if you then run faster. He gets over a hundred PMs in just a couple of days, so it's not good to expect him to sift through multiple submissions from one racer. Do not send anything in until you are sure it's your final time ... PERIOD.

Back