WRS Week 6 Results!

• Thread starter CFM
  • 95 comments
****!! I accidently deleted my replay from the memory card using Max Drive for the first time! All the file names looked the same! I knew I should have recorded it on my comp first. :banghead:

Lucky I didn't win the division or I'll be screwed. :scared:

Congratulations to all Division winners, some outstanding times there 👍

As for me, my bad time was not even good enough to grant me the middle of my Division, this week :indiff:

Moving onto Week 7...

Replay to come later, just for tradition's sake :D

The Wizard.

Because this is my 1st participation on the GT4 WRS i think i should post my video..
nice wins to all division drivers 👍

Also i thougth i was losing an extra 5 seconds on the t10 & t11 :nervous: but no:)

I'm still thinking about one special thing im my lap, Why the hell did i used second gear on that turn?:banghead:
here is my video

Pal

Attachments

• Thurzo_ABT@Ring.max
    31.9 KB · Views: 6
CrackHoor
Clean as a whistle and pants-wettingly fast! I laughed, I cheered, I changed my underwear. Then I had lunch and went back to work. Outstanding lap... that's how Bergwerk should be done. 👍

Seriously, if I wasn't on the other side of the province I'd shake your hand and get your OK to change my name to h0t25ob0i. :dopey:

glad u liked it
where is the 250 area code? haha thats bad that i dont even know my BC
are you gonna vote in todays election?!

hOt6o4bOi
glad u liked it
where is the 250 area code? haha thats bad that i dont even know my BC
are you gonna vote in todays election?!

Yeah, everywhere in BC is 250 except the Vancouver area. I'm in the southeast corner of BC, in the Kootenays. Me and the GF will be voting right after work today. Bleh... :yuck:

vexd
Bah!
Im promoted to a division i cant compete in.

Bah! Bah! my maxdrive disc wont load, i cant transfer replays at the moment.
Bah!

Oh well, i'll try and sort it tonite.

Well done everyone! its great to see such racing from all of you.
Congrats to me for moving up, gonna have to change the sig.....

I hope to have the replay up soon people.

VEXD out. (of division2!)

Just make sure you are using the correct cd, that appened to me to ,and i looked better and saw that i was using the pc cd not the ps2 cd.
just make sure about the cd:sly:

Touring Mars
Nice one everyone, congrats to the winners/podiums.. Well done VEXD... so long mate, you deserve to be in the big league now... you're just too good for Div 2 now! :sly:

Very pleased with the Top 10 Div 2 finish :) , but the Top 5 still eludes me :crazy: Just got the edge over Flerbizky :sly: , but edged out by kennythebomb and barbol :ill: Nice work..!!

I can't wait to see hOt6o4bOi's and Vexd's stunning laps... 👍 👍

This was by far my favourite combo thus far... see you all in Week 7...

Cheers,
TM

30 more minutes and I would have knocked off another second or two, but I had to go to bed lol

Good job, and congrats also to vexd 👍

Congrats to all the podiums. I had no idea there was so much time to make up from my run!!!! You D1 guys are insane. Congrats on the promotionto the land of the fastest VEXD. You D3 guys are getting faster and fasrer !!!

havent had a chance to congragulate evryone properly yet, so well done to my mate hotboi on doing a breathtakingly good lap, and to rudi for being up there also, and to veilsidr aswell, shame u cant prove ur time but i'm sure u will soon.

bye

Congratulations all :cheers:

Great times from the D1 folks and congrats vexd on joining them 👍

This was the most infuriating race I've ever done; I'm sure I'm not alone in nearly teaching my DFP to fly :grumpy:

Well done to everyone who stuck with it. Now to get a max drive to see where I can make up 10 seconds (answer: everywhere) :dopey:

Oops, I forgot to submit my time, it was 5'51.921.

I'm looking forward to watching Rudi's replay, thanks for submitting your PAL replay. 👍

Congrats to the folks on the podium and to VEXD for his promotion.

Haven't had much time the past two weeks cos I'm moving house but should be back on track shortly. I've got my brand spanking new DFP ready and I'm itching to give it one (so to speak).

John.

kennythebomb
30 more minutes and I would have knocked off another second or two, but I had to go to bed lol

Good job, and congrats also to vexd 👍

he he.... congrats on the leadership of Div 2... 👍 :nervous:

...actually, I've learned a valuable lesson here... my fastest lap was also my last one... if I had the energy, I should have pressed on, but I'd already spent ages on it, and had set myself the goal of getting under 6 minutes, knowing I wouldn't get much faster than that anyway... although, I got a 5'59.9xx, ( :crazy: ) I was unbelievably close to a dirty lap, so I had to get it a bit cleaner, and managed the 5'57.949...

I think this is my lap... never posted a replay before, and not sure it's the right file.. apologies if it isn't...

Attachments

• Mars_Week6WRS.max
    26.7 KB · Views: 6
Well i cant make sure i have the right disc for my maxdrive software in terms of the pc or ps2 ones, as when i received the discs, all i got was two the same!
I'd hate to be the guy who got two discs for his pc (which you dont really need if you have XP) and none for his playstation, thats if it was a guy, couldve been a girl, but hey i digress.
Guess what!!

When i got home last nite, i switched the ps2 on, and it booted it first time!

Yay!!

Now i get to see how many people wanted to view my run.

I would like to thank all the guys/girls who congratulated me this week, im very touched.

To Kenny, dont worry man, although you have moved to the position of ownership in Division 2, i will be demoted very soon, so enjoy it while it lasts, but i will be coming back to remove the pressure of being top in just a short time.

Okey dokey, ive never done this before, but here goes: :grumpy: 👍

Humph, see my next post:

Kolyana
Paypal me some money and I will buy/ship you one.
Does it matter which version (PAL or NTSC) you have for the MaxDrive?
I'm guessing PAL in Brazil which makes it difficult for you to get the correct MD here in NTSC territory.

Congrats to everyone that turned in a clean lap. :cheers:

I doubt I'll be running GT4 much anymore. New job, and new SCCA ITB race car project seem to be taking ALL of my free time. I'll still be lurking around GT Planet though. See you all around. 👍

tuff240
I doubt I'll be running GT4 much anymore. New job, and new SCCA ITB race car project seem to be taking ALL of my free time. I'll still be lurking around GT Planet though. See you all around. 👍
WEAK! :-P new SCCA ITB car... Grrrr, why can't you wait a bit... Jeez...

KLR142
WEAK! :-P

You do realise you let a girl beet you by almost a half a second, right?
tongue.gif

6'03.860 Kolyana
6'04.349 KLR142

Hahaha, Pat, you're FUNNY. My best T2 time was faster by more than a second?(what was your fastest T2 Nat?) But I only got three clean runs. Argh, that was some WAY frustrating crap. I didn't sleep before I raced, it was bad.

And yeah, my performance this week probably won't look too much like a Div. 3 racer... We'll see if anyone figures something out hardcore that makes everyone catch up to me...

Good luck though peoples! Don't get down Nat, what car are you running(or trying to run/want to run?) Send me a PM and I'll help with what I can.

Last week? I think I posted a time at 1'5.6, best was around 1'05.031 or something ... never broke into 1'04.xxx

And I can kinda feel that you're a better driver than me ... all joking to oneside ... I raced my A$$ off last week ... hours every day right up to the last minute ... while guys like you slap down your time and walk away (just look at this week).

Sooner you're out of my division, the better! :P

Oh, and I'm running the M.N.P. III '00 ... but yesterday I started getting used to it, finally ran a time only .7 off yours and that's without a tranny, suspension, fly wheel, drive shaft and lord knows what else ... I may not catch you, but I'll as sure as hell close the gap!!!

Kolyana
Last week? I think I posted a time at 1'5.6, best was around 1'05.031 or something ... never broke into 1'04.xxx

And I can kinda feel that you're a better driver than me ... all joking to oneside ... I raced my A$$ off last week ... hours every day right up to the last minute ... while guys like you slap down your time and walk away (just look at this week).

Sooner you're out of my division, the better! :P

Oh, and I'm running the M.N.P. III '00 ... but yesterday I started getting used to it, finally ran a time only .7 off yours and that's without a tranny, suspension, fly wheel, drive shaft and lord knows what else ... I may not catch you, but I'll as sure as hell close the gap!!!
Well, you're not as much of a slouch as you think you are! I spent JUST AS MUCH time as you did, no, make that MORE, I'm sure last week... It was bad... I did have two T2's of 1'04.7xx, one was .725, don't remember the other one.(speed through the last S turn before going past T1 is CRUCIAL to running that time fast though) Never could put together a full lap though... :crazy: Frustration was definitely the name of the game.

Now, I've probably spent 5-6 hours on this week's run. I got started early, and kept going, that's all.

I don't know how long you'll be in Div. 3 either miss, 👍

So, your setup, does that also mean that you're not using the LSD and VCD stuff? What exactly HAVE you done? Hurry up and toss the drivetrain stuff on there, and hopefully you already have brakes, otherwise :scared: ... I've driven without the racing suspsension a couple of times, and it's not too much worse, and the speed doesn't matter too much either, it's all about balance of everything and the driving on this track I think. That's why car selection isn't tooooo big of a factor, well, it doesn't seem like it anyway. I dunno what I'm talking about...

Come get me!

KLR142
I don't know how long you'll be in Div. 3 either miss, 👍

So, your setup, does that also mean that you're not using the LSD and VCD stuff? What exactly HAVE you done? Hurry up and toss the drivetrain stuff on there, and hopefully you already have brakes, otherwise :scared: ... I've driven without the racing suspsension a couple of times, and it's not too much worse, and the speed doesn't matter too much either, it's all about balance of everything and the driving on this track I think. That's why car selection isn't tooooo big of a factor, well, it doesn't seem like it anyway. I dunno what I'm talking about...

Come get me!

Well I hope I can languish here in D3 for a while longer yet ... I'm no where near D2 material ... yet (but that is an objective of mine :P)

Setup:
Mostly off the top of my head, but the only things I'm using are those that add HP (to a net of 500), downforce, racing brakes and LSD ... I put this in as my second item, because the backend on this monster will kick out if you apply gas while not 100% straight, the LSD -with no setting adjustments - fixed that.

I have not installed or tweaked anything else yet, including VCD. I hope to make some gain from improved acceleration (i'll install the tranny tonight), and maybe a couple fo tenths from lowering my ride height and tweaking the suspension a little.

I'll probably play with Tranny first, then put in all the flywheels and that sort of thing one at a time, then drop the ride height and start tinkering with the suspension. LSD and VCD will probably be the last things I look at.

Oh, haven't altered the brake controller yet either; she seems to be handling pretty well 'as is', so this is a low priority.

KLR142
Hahaha, Pat, you're FUNNY. My best T2 time was faster by more than a second?
Are you referring to my ghost you were chasing last Sunday? That was my best lap out of 10 attempts, 6 of which were clean. :P

That's all I had time for and the reason I didn't submit this week or the past few weeks.

vexd
Now i get to see how many people wanted to view my run.

Okey dokey, ive never done this before, but here goes: :grumpy: 👍
I downloaded it but couldn't get it to work. The Max drive software called it "NEW_FILE", but when it was on the memory car, it was "corrupted data". I tried to convert it to an Xport file, but that didn't work either.

D'you wanna try and transfer it from the PS2 again?

Rudi Raser
Gratz hOt6o4bOi 👍 👍 and veilsidebr 👍

nice battle. :dunce:

here my splits.

0:36,193
1:04,142
1:28,035
2:08,497
2:39,984
3:02,582
3:42,761
4:16,572
4:33,771
5:06,942
5:27,875
= 5:46,359

have in hurrie two rounds with the NTSC version done. it´s everytime interesting to see another style. was a 5:47,710

@ our board there is a Nordschleifen Challenge. 26 races. very funny. but in the moment is there a sick Combo. :drool: a TVR with normal tires. :crazy: maybe we meet us there again. ;)

my replays.

Rudi

how do u watch these replays, it says its a .0 document, wtf?

hey holl01

think you can just rename the file when u download it
add .max at the end
and it should work

Latest Posts

Back