WRS Week 7 Results!

• Thread starter CFM
  • 80 comments
Congrats to all podium finishers this week! 👍

Some really fabulous times were posted and I can only imagine what it would be like to be that good! :)

And a special high five to Kolyana on her 3rd place finish! 👍 👍
You go girl!!! Now, can you move your butt off the podium this week and let me get up there next week please!! HaHaHaHa! :D

This weeks event should be pretty interesting....Have any Div 3 drivers actually posted a time that would have given them 'gold' for this particular test by chance? I know I could only manage a silver the first time around...! Guess I'll have to take it to the limit this week and let the beast (Bentley Speed 8) out of the bag...

Again...congradulations to all the 1st, 2nd & 3rd place drivers in this weeks WRS!

Peace-

SimRaceDriver
aka: SRD

wOw holl01, 3rd race that we have been within .0X0
congrats on your win, your setup was golden helped me alot! and your final sector must have been perfect!!!!

congratz to Z. and the 2 other podiums in div.2 ( only .030 ) seperated you guys TOO!

congratz to KLR, and the close battle in div.3

have to say congratz to Nat too!!!! 3rd in the M.N.P is a awsome result! 👍

see ya guys at la sarthe!

( NTSC )

Attachments

• 19.475.max
    21.8 KB · Views: 15
I just wanted to ask if anyone got any benefits from reading my post with my settings and approach on it? I actually ended up messing with things further last night, but realized that's not what I wanted to be doing, and just gave up.

Nat! Change your sig! You have a podium! Lol, and in a MNP no less... I am impressed I say! To all who went REAL fast in a non '02 car, props to you!

Thanks SRD ... I've noted your point on vacating the Podium, but unfortunately my sweet derrière rather likes these lofty heights. IN fact, I quite like that higher spot right over there with the #1 etched beneath it.

hOt6o4bOi
have to say congratz to Nat too!!!! 3rd in the M.N.P is a awsome result! 👍

:)

I couldn't let my Purple Love Wagon go ... we've got an understanding now: She drives like a battleship, but ... she's purple. 'nuff said.

@ KLR ... my sig has been changed? 0/1/1 ?

KLR142
I'd like to mention that I'm very close to going off the track, so I'd like to see if anyone can find a picture where it actually shows that I AM off, instead of my not being able to prove that I'm off after more than a half an hour of looking at different angles and at different times. And if someone can find an image with me off, I've got a 1'21.8xx to take second place with.

Oh dear! Seems like you and I are both on the same boat! I've just had another good look at my replay and I'm not 100% sure, but I think I got away with it - just!. D*mn that's close!

Kolyana, you must be rubbing your hands in anticipation... :)

Attachments

• 51719_9813_GRAN_TURIS.max
    19.5 KB · Views: 14
hOt6o4bOi
^ ^ ^
:D :D :D
👍 👍 👍
Does that mean Solrac's time is good? Lol. I wish I had a maxdrive! Pat doesn't have fast internet right now, so I think I'll bring a CD to burn it onto, then upload it on my Mac to submit it. If that'll work. And hopefully, it will... How big is one of those maxdrive files?

Nat, I guess I was misunderstanding your siggy, I see it now :-D. So on second place and one third place podium I see... I think I want to model my sig after yours...

solrac
Oh dear! Seems like you and I are both on the same boat! I've just had another good look at my replay and I'm not 100% sure, but I think I got away with it - just!. D*mn that's close!

Well!@ I've got to check this, haven't I?

(In all seriousness though, I'm *NOT* rubbing my hands ... getting a boost in the rankings because of something like that is kinda cheesey ... unavoidable, yes, but not desirable. I'm 100% hoping that you're absolutely clean ... seriously).

Congrats to all who raced! I don't believe there were any clear favorites right down to the end. Unbelievably close racing!

Z congrats on the D2 win! You earned it man. KTB what an awesome fight! You da bomb!!!

I hope we have many more great races together like this week. From what I see, it looks like just about anyone in the division can win on any given week.

Thanks for the fun! :)

Here's my replay.

Attachments

• W7MOTEGISHORT,MSPECNUR,MINORSHUNT.max
    22.8 KB · Views: 9
5th place in Div3 at my first attempt. Very please with that :D

Very lucky to just pip rotbarsch1979 to the post...phew!

My last sector is pretty poor, so I'm not surprised that I lost out heavily there. Congrats to KLR142 (no need to be eating my hat now ;) ) and all the other division winners. Congrats also to Kolyana in the purple monster :)

Replay of my lap (incase anyone's interested)

Chase view (WMV) 5MB
Chase view (XVID) 5.5MB

External view (WMV) 6.5MB
External view (XVID) 8MB

As I said before, I should be getting the MaxDrive tomorrow, so I'll be able to post a *.max file for verification in the future if needed.

solrac

Couldn't get the play to work ... what version are you? NTSC or PAL? No matter what I did, I couldn't get it to show up in my replay theater at all.

Congratulations to hollO1 for the fastest time this week :bowdown:
A well deserved round of applause for the Podium getters in all Divisions:cheers:, all you folk take a Bow 👍 . Amazing times !!
I got a little distracted playing around with Simbins GTR this week, and paid the price in the results, not that i think i could've been any faster :lol: .
Thanks to Luxy and Smallfryz for keeping the board updated Great job 👍
Picked up my replacement DFP this morning YAAH !!! good timing for this weeks blast around Le Sarthe. Good luck everyone 👍

Steve

👍 👍 👍 and a big :cheers: to all the podium finishers! I love to see close racing this week. There were two or three times this week when I thought I'd reached my limit, and then someone posted better splits and new settings, and I had to go back to the drawing board. It's great to be pushed, so thanks to all of you for that :D

Wow, thats a tough finish for myself. I was thinking light and rwd, but a bit short on power. Nice job everyone else though!

Yeah, I would've thought the same, but the newer cars act like they have much larger tires, so with that, they have better braking and more grip in the turns.

congrats to all the podium finishers, i realy enjoyed this race, i hop u enjoy the replay evryone, bye!

Attachments

• 19.445.xps
    25.7 KB · Views: 21
vexd
Im aiming to get demoted chippers....

Thats what.

well done everyone on some fantastic times.

I knew where the time was, but i knew i wouldnt have the patience to find it.
I knew i was right. oh well..... thank god thats over with.

Next.....

Yo Kenny, u still beatin me!! 👍

Wow our times were so close together (.002) !!!! I must have shifted a hair earlier :P

MinorShunt
Congrats to all who raced! I don't believe there were any clear favorites right down to the end. Unbelievably close racing!

Z congrats on the D2 win! You earned it man. KTB what an awesome fight! You da bomb!!!

I hope we have many more great races together like this week. From what I see, it looks like just about anyone in the division can win on any given week.

Thanks for the fun! :)

Here's my replay.

Great time yourself man! I felt for sure I had a podium but you and the new dude beat me 👍

Congrats to all that get to stand on those shiny podiums! This week had the closest racing yet, which is very exciting.

I think I have the fastest RWD time submitied so I am happy, even though I placed 19th. Good luck everyone for this weeks race!

Phew, Made it to the end here. Mornign all. Gratz to all the Podium winners. 👍

I know what Koly's looked like yesterday, but she edged out a faster run still. Nice work. I am happy to have finished a 17th though. WOOT.

With that said, can someone please check my replay. US Version

Seems I can view Nat's but she hasn't been able to get mine to work or show in Replay Theater. Just trying to see if it something I am doing or her, as she now has another one that is not showing right from someone else.

Attachments

• 97328_1984_GRAN_TURIS.max
    18 KB · Views: 11
Having actually placed pretty well this week (7th in division, woot!), I figure it's about time to unlurk and post a little.

Sooooo...congrats to all the winners, podiumers, and people who ran in something that was not the V-Spec II or Nur. And also to those that did. :) Skyline freedom of choice!

Yeah, Motegi was actually pretty fun this week (for once) with all the close racing. 👍 Well, mostly close racing: right, I was off 4/10 of as sec from the next person, but for the most part...

And also a thanks to whoever it was that posted the M-Spec settings (hollO1 or hOt6o4bOi, I think?), 'cause I'm utter junk at tuning.

Now if you'll excuse me, my flight to France is leaving now. Wonder if they'll accept a Bentley Speed 8 as carry-on... :dopey: (What, I'm definitely not parting with it ^_^)

Yes, someone please verify Solrac's and Teledriel's replays, so I can see if I need to contact the MaxDrive people in order to tear a strip off their hides.

Kolyana
Yes, someone please verify Solrac's and Teledriel's replays, so I can see if I need to contact the MaxDrive people in order to tear a strip off their hides.

*cough*

I'm going to buy a second memory card in the morning so I can back up my game save (for sure!), format my old card and see if I can get these dang replays to work ... I've had several of Hot's work just fine, but I've also had several corrupt ones and now two failed on the trot ... I'm wondering if my card is bjorked.

I checked Kyle's (KLR142) replay and it is VERY close to going off on the last turn before the T1 line. I spent 30 minutes checking it because from 3rd person view I would have sworn he went off. Anyways, long story short... it's clean and here is the replay:

http://www.tuff240.com/images/gt4/klr142week7.max

Congrats to all the people that put in a lot of effort this week to submit a good time. 👍

EDIT: Kolyana, Solrac is from England and most likely using PAL.

Everyone could just follow my example.

First race really well, so that you get noticed and eventually promoted toa division where you wont stand out.

Then drive at the same standard, but finish last by a country mile, and you will never have to display your replays ever again!

Worx every time.

Latest Posts

Back