WRS'ers and their ride...

2000 Volkswagen Bora (Jetta) 1.9 TDI Highline, 85Kw, 285 nm torque, 6 speed gear.
Not so common around here, and I am fully satisfied! I have 362.000 Km on the counter, zero probs, average 17 km/l (40 mpg). Fully stock equipment. no mods.

i have 2. one is a pos 1996 chevy s-10 pick em up. the one i like is a 2004 mitsubishi evolution. thats the fun one.

2000 Volkswagen [...] zero probs
I never thought I'd hear that in the same sentence. Maybe it's just the american versions that are crap? Maybe yours is built in Germany instead of Mexico? Who knows. That's quite a feat though, you're lucky!

I never thought I'd hear that in the same sentence. Maybe it's just the american versions that are crap? Maybe yours is built in Germany instead of Mexico? Who knows. That's quite a feat though, you're lucky!

Well, i suppose that mine is a german production car. To be honest i bought it as used car, the previous owner changed the engine with a guaranteed service, because of a rod failure.
But I own that since 2002 and i just did ordinary mantainance, cooling liquid pump and debimeter replacement so far (it is a 7 years car with that mileage, anyway).
Could that be the diesel engine is more consistent than the gasoline one (that i suppose being more common in USA?).

I drive a 1994 Holden VR Commodore Ute, that's it over there in my avatar, I have plans for it but I won't go into detail now. It's got a few niceties in the cabin including Pioneer Head deck and MTX Audio speakers, as well as Autotecnica gear knob and Monza Pedals, she'll be quick when I'm done don't you worry. At the moment though all it has under hood is the 3.8L V6 (same as Buick GNX minus turbos, it's NA) with K&N Air Filter, Top Gun ignition Leads and Iridium Spark Plugs, oh plus an OTR Cold Air Intake,probably good for around 135-140kw of power and just over 300Nm of torque. That is of corse assuming that it hasn't lost power since it was made which all engines do lol, but that's where it roughly should be.

No one commented on my ute...... I guess only Aussies understand the Australian Performance Ute.

Waitwaitway-hait. Venari owns that pre-production DBS they showed in the DYSAGT thread?

So... A Lancia Fulvia, an Aston DBS, a Holley-carb'ed Corvette. I want them :(

No. He got it from work for the weekend; he works for AM.

I have a 106 S1 1.3 rallye, with a newly fitted 106 1.6 GTi engine, 150bhp thanks to some minor mods, fortunately i worked as a mechanic with a bunch of my mates for 7 months so we did most of the work ourselves.

Subaru Impreza Sport Wagon STi

(no pics sorry)

Mods: Jackson Racing Exaust & Air Filter
Stratospeed Widebody Kit
Convertible
Nitrous Express NOS.

Cadillac Escalade

Mods: Lambo Doors
TSW Mondello 25" Rims
Jackson Racing ECU
NOS
Color: Midnight Pearl
Original Color: Cream White Metallic
Eibach Suspension
Iceman Intaekes Port Polishing
APEXi Racing Chip

Waitwaitway-hait. Venari owns that pre-production DBS they showed in the DYSAGT thread?

So... A Lancia Fulvia, an Aston DBS, a Holley-carb'ed Corvette. I want them :(

Close. The Corvette is getting Holley Fuel Injection. My 1968 Mercury Cougar has a Holley Carb. (Uh, a 4160 double-pumper with mechanical secondaries, iirc.)

He actually gets paid to drive an Aston?

Oh well, the lucky few.

Again, not quite. I get paid to try to ensure production cars don't leave the factory with electrical faults. Driving prototypes is just a perk. ;)

Seeker, are you double-sure you own a convertible STi Wagon?

And an Escalade?

Close. The Corvette is getting Holley Fuel Injection. My 1968 Mercury Cougar has a Holley Carb. (Uh, a 4160 double-pumper with mechanical secondaries, iirc.)

I've found a new hero.

Again, not quite. I get paid to try to ensure production cars don't leave the factory with electrical faults. Driving prototypes is just a perk. ;)

Looks like some Italian marques should've hired you :P

Subaru Impreza Sport Wagon STi

(no pics sorry)

Mods: Jackson Racing Exaust & Air Filter
Stratospeed Widebody Kit
Convertible
Nitrous Express NOS.

Cadillac Escalade

Mods: Lambo Doors
TSW Mondello 25" Rims
Jackson Racing ECU
NOS
Color: Midnight Pearl
Original Color: Cream White Metallic
Eibach Suspension
Iceman Intaekes Port Polishing
APEXi Racing Chip

Wow, a convertible estate car (the first of its kind in the world!)

And an Escalade with TWO, count em, 2 ECU's working in harmony.

👎:irked:
I have too much time to read it seems.

Whatever in the world possessed this guy to sign up at GTP and for what reason? such great contributions already with every post being total 'BS' :rolleyes:

What a waste of an account! I would simply delete him Tommy Cooper style ... Just like That! :dunce:

:dopey:

I am very ashamed!
-
'93 VW Polo CL (The 45hp one)

Why should you be ashamed? It gets you where you gotta be, right?

Now, if you had a convertible estate car.... Then you should probably be ashamed :sly:

TSW Mondello 25" Rims

I can't find any evidence that TSW make a Mondello at anything bigger than a 20", Their own website would seem to back me up on this. I think somebody is getting confused with what they have in their Need for Speed garage.

Whatever in the world possessed this guy to sign up at GTP and for what reason? such great contributions already with every post being total 'BS' :rolleyes:

What a waste of an account! I would simply delete him Tommy Cooper style ... Just like That! :dunce:

:dopey:

Time to call back that favour from Jerry, eh? :dopey:

Now, if you had a convertible estate car.... Then you should probably be ashamed :sly:

Not if you actually had one. I'd fancy an estate with a Landaulet-roof, personally. :P

So Seeker bought Subaru's prototype after they lost The Vatican's Pope-mobile contest?

Hey guys just saw this tread and thought id share with you what car i own.

well its nothing exciting but it does the job and keeps me happy...

i own a 2004 vauxhall corsa active sport 1.4 twinport in silver i also have installed a 200watt sound system with sub 6"9 and amp so the music really pumps.

im a DJ and love my music so it was the first thing i thought of doing haha

Thanks QUIK!

Back