WSC III - PT Champion: JoeOfTheFire. GT Champion: SagarisGTB.

• Thread starter Furinkazen
  • 1,380 comments

Should we do a classic 1960's style standing Le Mans start?

• Yes!

Votes: 32 80.0%
  • No!

Votes: 8 20.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Furinkazen

Sim Racing Organiser
Premium
United Kingdom
Blackburn
Furinkazen_54
AC, Chevrolet, Ferrari, Ford, Jaguar, Shelby...
SUNDAY NIGHT HISTORICS ARE BACK!!!

Official Website!
Please Read: Important Information On The Le Mans Event For All Competitors!

WSC3_zps487dea2e.jpg

Chapter I - Spurgy (Jaguar) / Niop (Corvette) Champions
Chapter II - Spurgy (Ferrari) / Matty (Dodge) Champions

Last edited:
Rules & Regulations

Proto3InsertBannercopy_zps976e196d.jpg

~Grip Reduction is set to Real~

~Damage is HEAVY~

~All driving aids except ABS at 1 are disallowed.~

~Draft is Weak~

~Timetable will be as follows: 7pm Race Room Opens, Free Practise. 7.30pm - Technical Checks/ Qualifying for 30 minutes. 8pm Race begins.

~All race's barring LE MANS are run with a pace lap. The field paces around at a given speed single file until a call is given over mic to start forming up in a 2x2 formation with at least approximately one and a half to two car lengths between rows. The leader is allowed to accelerate and take the green any time from pit entry to the start stripe, from then the race is started for the whole field.~

~If a start is not formed in a satisfactory manner then it may called off and another lap will be done under pace speed.~

~Penalties are off.~

~Fuel Use and Tyre Wear is on NORMAL.~

~This is full damage, ~

~The WSC Points system will be as follows *9-6-5-3-2-1* for class results. If you DC or DNF before the 2/3rds mark of the race distance, then you will get half points for your position. If you do not make 2/3rds distance but are still in a spot to get points, you will receive half points.~

~Foul language in the lobby and / or other negative conduct will result in points deductions and bans.~

~You are NOT allowed to swap cars during the course of the season in class. However it is fine to show up in a Prototype one race, and GT car another.~

~Mics are on for drivers to talk and relay information to one another~

Last edited:
Cars & Classes (UPDATED AFTER DAYTONA)

ProtoInsertBannercopy_zpsf2a8fe4f.jpg

~PROTOTYPE Category (PT)~
Formerly known as Class C1, this is a battle between Ford and Ferrari for overall dominance. The cars are slightly different from the last season, aero tweaks mean they are quicker in a straight line. To prevent lap times keeping dropping - tyre compound for PROTOTYPE class is restricted to SPORTS SOFT compound. In events where rain is possible, RACING WET tyres are also allowed.

Ferrari 330 P4
Ferrari's first WSC title came with Spurgy last season. A incredible curving body disguises a tricky chassis which rewards a fine precise driver. The 330P4 is NOT permitted any extra turbo's.

Ford MK IV
Ford were humbled last season, one win at Goodwood their high point. The Ford may be heavier, but it has superior brakes and easier to drive than the Ferrari. The MkIV is NOT permitted any extra turbo's.

Proto4InsertBannercopy_zps50cdced7.jpg

~GRAND TOURING (GT)~
A new class arrives, with road cars taking to the stage. A GRAND TOURING spec car is nearly unmodified from stock, with the only allowed tuning part a customisable transmission. GT Auto services are all allowed, with aero also permitted. Each car has a slightly different specification detailed below but all will run on SPORTS HARD tyres. In events where rain is possible, RACING WET tyres are also allowed.

AC Cobra 289
This less powerful Cobra uses the AC Cobra 427 as a base model, with a delimited engine to get to the specs of the 289. The Cobra runs at 300hp - achieved via power limiter. Only extra allowed tuning part is a customisable gearbox. Stats should be 289hp, 1311kg @ 458pp

Chevrolet Camaro (PREMIUM)
The Camaro derives from the stripped out race version campaigned in previous seasons of WSC. The Camaro is a hefty burly car, but a reliable package. The Camaro runs at 447pp - This can be achieved via power limiter, weight, or aero. Only extra allowed tuning part is a customisable gearbox. Approx stats should be around 274hp, 1415kg @ 447pp.

Corvette C3 Convertible (PREMIUM)
The Corvette is the C3, a follow up of the thundering C2 that used to run in the old WSC class C2. The Corvette runs at 460pp - This can be achieved via power limiter, weight, or aero. Only extra allowed tuning part is a customisable gearbox and sports ECU. Approx stats should be around 300hp, 1552kg @ 460pp.

Jaguar E Type Lightweight
This E Type uses the same engine as the E Type but is significantly lightened for competition racing, boosting its handling. Only extra allowed tuning parts is a customisable gearbox, and Stage 3 Weight Reduction with Window Weight Reduction, and sports ECU. Stats should be 295hp, 1038kg @ 466pp.

Shelby Mustang GT350R
The brutal tuned Mustang is attacking the GT stage in a muscle car war for Ford and Shelby, and is a scary ride for the driver, oversteering frequently. Only extra allowed tuning part is a customisable gearbox. Stats should be 290hp, 1268kg @ 450pp.

Last edited:
Season Schedule / Dates

Round 1 - 10 FEBRUARY
Daytona 150
POSTERDaytonaRoad_zpse1096fd7.jpg

Daytona Road Course
43 Laps / 150 Miles

Daytona 150 Race Preview
Race Results

As ever the season starts in the place that begins the motorsports season in earnest - Daytona. A part-oval, part road course is a set up challenge, with cars required to navigate a narrow twisting infield as well oval banking and the tricky Bus Stop chicane.

Round 2 - 17 FEBRUARY
Monterey Sportscar Classic
POSTERLagunaSeca_zpsde2be0bd.jpg

Laguna Seca
60 Laps / 132 Miles

Monterey Sportscar Classic Race Preview
Race Results

WSC makes a second stop in america with a trip to the famous Laguna Seca track. Narrow, and difficult to overtake on, a false move here will send you into deep sand pits and then of course there is the treacherous and difficult corkscrew to negotiate...

Round 3 - 3 MARCH
HSR 200
POSTERHSR_zps7eebc563.jpg

High Speed Ring
80 Laps / 200 Miles

Race Results

HSR is another new entry to the calendar, a flat out blast with evocative high banked turns like the old speed-dromes of Avus and Brooklands, but with changeable weather throwing a real extra uncertain challenge into the works.

Round 4: - 10 MARCH
5th WSC Le Mans Classic
POSTERLEMANS_zps8996ef07.jpg

Le Mans 2005 NC
50 Laps / 420 miles

Race Results

Le Mans is yet again the flagship of the WSC. The 5th Le Mans Classic is now 50 laps, nearly three hours to punish the cars and drivers. It's a double points event as well, which gives people even more incentive to press on and try and seize glory in the biggest event of the season.

Round 5 - 31 MARCH
Monza 200
POSTERMonza200S2_zps33c1b35c.jpg

Monza NC
56 Laps / 200 miles

Race Results
Monza is now later on the schedule and as a result has an even more pivotal role in the WSC title race. 56 laps of a straightened Monza leads to over a minute flat out in a high speed ride around the historic Italian track.

Round 6 - 7 APRIL
Toscana Grand Prix
POSTERTargaFlorio_zps09fd31bf.jpg

Pescara WSC ~UP FOR DOWNLOAD FROM MY PSN PROFILE!~
80 Laps / 269 miles

Race Results

The classic Italian road track at Toscana, Pescara, returns. Over 150mph average speeds through the italian countryside with three very different corners making up the track. Could be a title decider, but firstly drivers have to navigate the dark italian night...

Round 7 - 14 APRIL
Spa Sportscar Grand Prix
POSTERSpa_zps98ea257c.jpg

Spa-Francorchamps
36 Laps / 157 miles

Spa is a classic sportscar track, and we start on the sportscar straight for the final race of the WSC season. The majestic sweeps of Eau Rouge, Pouhon, Blanchimont all will play host to a huge finale to the season, with belgian weather also aiming to play it's own role...

Last edited:
Hello chaps. Welcome to a revival of what has always been for me the most fun series I have ever run. WSC is back for 2013. Anyone with me? ;)

So daan removed his post, damn hoped he locked you :lol:.

That said very interested in the GTs...

So daan removed his post, damn hoped he locked you :lol:.

Check dates ;) - this is an even older thread I have hidden for a long while. Daan deleted the other thread on my request.

Interested in this Paul? :)

How are you going to enforce no tuning bar transmission in GT huh?

I'm interested in this, most probably I'll drive a Ferrari. Only question is when you're starting this?

One thing I would like to mention... why do you mention Race Inter, and Race Wets, when we'll be using Sport tyres (these tyres are grooved you know, and work in wet track as well)... :odd:

I'm interested in this, most probably I'll drive a Ferrari. Only question is when you're starting this?

One thing I would like to mention... why do you mention Race Inter, and Race Wets, when we'll be using Sport tyres (these tyres are grooved you know, and work in wet track as well)... :odd:

Feb 10th 👍

And also have to agree with yera here

Sports tyres don't work, tested and they simply don;t.

Starts Febraury 10th, two weeks tomorrow 👍

Welcome Ferrari man (I don't like Ferrari's, I am a Ford man :P

And Spurgy has decided not to enter this season.

Yeah sports tyres work to about 30-40% surface water after that they are pretty bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Posts

Back