WSC V - Yera Wins Final PT Race, Lout Steals GT Class At Spa!

  • Thread starter Thread starter Furinkazen
  • 1,366 comments
  • 73,653 views
Note down your lap time. Also as will be the norm from now on, 2 pace speeds for PT and GT with green flag at a set point on the backstretch of the GP track.

Suggestion for starting-point: There's an overhead sign before the kink to the right (the "ADVAN-Bogen") there, which also coincides with the end of a sector (think it's end of sector 3). That's about the only landmark that will work as the starting point there.

About qualifying: So it's going to be 1 out-lap and 1 flying lap only, I gather...? (That will already take about 20 minutes for GT's)

Question regarding tyres: At how many percent water on track the rain tyres get better than SM? I've never done a race with combined SM/RR tyre combination...
 
Suggestion for starting-point: There's an overhead sign before the kink to the right (the "ADVAN-Bogen") there, which also coincides with the end of a sector (think it's end of sector 3). That's about the only landmark that will work as the starting point there.

I'm pretty sure that's where we are starting from. It gives both classes time to form up.
 
One good thing about Eiger is you can get a picture of most of the field!



Got one of just the GT field too

 
Last lap of the race was hideous. I let them Stewards decide on that.
From the double hairpins up to the final Turn. (Akmuq and Me)


Rest of the Race was great, apart from me damaging my Car at the Tunnel trice (before first stop, after first stop directly and after 2nd stop again directly)
=> I had damage almost the whole race
=> Sorry Furi for the little ramming I gave you Lap X (will accept the stewards decision on that).
 
Sak, guess we are even after Spa :lol: ;)

Going to do some more running tonight.
 
8:37 to follow up my 36 with a slight gravel moment.
 
I just ran an 8:26 flat. Lost a potential 18 the next lap with a spin at Hohe Acht.
 
I just ran an 8:26 flat. Lost a potential 18 the next lap with a spin at Hohe Acht.

:crazy: :crazy: :crazy: Ok where did Ferrari come from?
 
In my Tavern.. err My Lounge running the Camaro (Camzero for me :lol:) around the Ring. Oh, off-topic and Mel annoys the hell out of me. He may get be added to ignore list like W&N.
 
In my Tavern.. err My Lounge running the Camaro (Camzero for me :lol:) around the Ring. Oh, off-topic and Mel annoys the hell out of me. He may get be added to ignore list like W&N.

Yeah, he's a bit of a whiner (more than a bit probably :sly:)

Had to live with that during ALMS IV...
 
How close to the edge where you driving Lout?

I was watching, he had a couple moments. In the night he did a 10:04.
 
I'm currently saving up for a Ford Mk IV for a potential return the blue oval at some point
 
I'm currently saving up for a Ford Mk IV for a potential return the blue oval at some point

Won't be this season. All PT's are booked up.
 
When will next season be? straight after the current season I presume
 
When will next season be? straight after the current season I presume

I think i'm not going to participate in the next season due to exams, you can take my seat :D
 
🤬 I got my work cut out come Sunday.

Did 2 laps yesterday. Second was already pretty good at 9:51. There's always some more in it on the Ring, but not a lot, or at least not in the Vette.

Made some tests comparing SM to rain tyres and I'm quite surprised how early the rain tyres are better. I would have thought that they would actually be good with much more water on track, but apparently not so...

Judging from what people in the prototypes posted, a dry race would last about 2:15 or 2:20...? Means a wet one could last up to 3 hours...?
 
I was also hoping to run the PT car next season. I do have all three cars now though.
 
How close to the edge where you driving Lout?

Quite, I think there could be a few more seconds improvement though

I was watching, he had a couple moments. In the night he did a 10:04.

As furi said I had a few moments. So much harder to keep the speed up at night too!
 
I reserved my spot a couple of pages back, for these exact reasons
 
Last edited:
Did 2 laps yesterday. Second was already pretty good at 9:51. There's always some more in it on the Ring, but not a lot, or at least not in the Vette.

Made some tests comparing SM to rain tyres and I'm quite surprised how early the rain tyres are better. I would have thought that they would actually be good with much more water on track, but apparently not so...

Judging from what people in the prototypes posted, a dry race would last about 2:15 or 2:20...? Means a wet one could last up to 3 hours...?

Yes in the past I put rain tyres on at 30% and they are just as good as dry tyres.
 
Swiss Grand Prix - Eiger Nordwand
V3Eiger_zps6997b558.jpg


01 / PT / PluxTheDuck / Jaguar / 75 Laps
02 / PT / Panoz / Ford / 75L
03 / PT / JoeOfTheFire / Jaguar / 75L (P) (FL: 1:03.2)
04 / PT / ORama / Ford / -2
05 / PT / Yeratel / Jaguar / -3
06 / PT / Lancer / Ferrari / -3
07 / PT / Furinkazen / Ford / -9
08 / GT / Snowcrash / Corvette / -9 (P) (FL: 1:13.1)
09 / GT / Sakery / Chevy / -9
10 / GT / Akmuq / Chevy / -9
11 / GT / Fox / Corvette / -11
12 / GT / Lout / Alpine / -11
13 / GT / Sagaris / Alpine / -11
14 / GT / ChrisJohnson / Lancia / -13
15 / GT / TDZ Dave / AC / -21
NC / GT / Ranhammer / Chevy / -28

To Be Classified OVERALL at Race Conclusion, ALL drivers must have completed 2/3rds Race Distance. To Qualify For FULL Class points must have completed 2/3rds of there class winners laps.

50 Laps To Be Classified Overall (-25) (15 out of 16 starters classified)
50 Laps To Score Full Points In PT (-20) (7 out of 7 PT starters full points)
42 Laps To Score Full Points In GT (-26) (9 out of 9 GT starters full points)

Results Tables To Follow.
​
 
I think that was the first time I've ever gone laps down on the GT leader D: was a hard one though!
 
I think the top 3 in GT class finished not even 10 seconds apart. Tough luck for Akmuq being divebombed by Joe when in the lead. He would have easily won otherwise.
 
Back